Page 19 of 324 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

I really hope that Larraz gets to draw the Jean centric issues of Uncanny. His rendition of her is absolutely gorgeous

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    I'm just glad Jean is getting good writing under Rosenberg and Bisson. K. Thompson has made her feelings on Jean clear and Seanan McGuire (X-Gol Annual) is very open with her loathing for the Jean Grey character.
    Another one? Let me guess...she is a Scemma shipper...If so, the both of them have views that sound a lot like the odious Grace Randolph. Blech. I hope JDW keeps them away from Jean. And by that, I mean any titles of importance because I hope Jean gets to stay in the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Agreed. Best panel

spoilers:
    https://i.imgur.com/x2e90NR.jpg
    end of spoilers
    Yaaasss. The 90s supermodel hair is back!! Her hair in X-Men Red was almost there but not quite. The art looks beautiful. Really looking forward to reading this.

spoilers:
    I love how sweet she is to Jeen here. I know if I met a young teenage version of myself crying for help, I'd try to be as comforting and big sisterly as possible. Teens are so fragile no matter how strong and mature they try to appear.
    end of spoilers

So after reading the annual, the theory that X forced the personality change between PR and X-Men Red by brainwashing Jean does a massive disservice to both characters. Are we really back to the Xavier so ruthlessly psychotic that the X-Men kicked him out of his home? Are we really back to Jean being significantly weaker than Xavier? Because there's around 15 years of evidence to say otherwise.

Honestly, the annual just pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    So after reading the annual, the theory that X forced the personality change between PR and X-Men Red by brainwashing Jean does a massive disservice to both characters. Are we really back to the Xavier so ruthlessly psychotic that the X-Men kicked him out of his home? Are we really back to Jean being significantly weaker than Xavier? Because there's around 15 years of evidence to say otherwise.

Honestly, the annual just pisses me off.
    I hate how he's taken agency away from all of them in that issue. Its one thing to have revelations come years after the fact but he's learned nothing and looked like a monster doing what he did in present day. Almost makes me think Cyclops did the world a service by striking him dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    sucks that people have been bombarding/attacking her. Its possibly for a person to change their opinion. I used to hate Gambit and now I quite enjoy him (and with Rogue and thats a pairing I always hated). People need to just give her a chance

Honestly KT seems to be a reasonable writter for the most part, i doubt that she would anything that would be insulting toward the characther, hell if what PsychoEFrost said is true, then i have to raise my eyebrows toward Rosenberg writters.
    Last edited by TheCape; 08-15-2018 at 01:34 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm honestly very excited to see what this trio of writers comes up with.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Agreed. Best panel

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    So epic I made it my avi, too! Jean looks badass!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Honestly KT seems to be a reasonable writter for the most part, i doubt that she would anything that would be insulting toward the characther, hell if what PsychoEFrost said is true, then i have to raise my eyebrows toward Rosenberg writters.
    Many people have always said Xavier is the most powerful telepath and Xavier is acting more like a villain than a hero. they may want to make him the next main villain. it is possible that this is what the publisher ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Many people have always said Xavier is the most powerful telepath and Xavier is acting more like a villain than a hero. they may want to make him the next main villain. it is possible that this is what the publisher ordered.
    The idea that Xavier was the most powerful telepath became outdated quite some time ago. It's a holdover from the days where mind reading was a rare ability, rather than a quota filler. These days, Jean, Emma, and Rachel all have more impressive feats and character stated strengths.

Considering Jean is rightfully pissed off and on the war path, does anyone think we might see the phoenix raptor? I feel like we could see her display one if she gets a chance to attack Ahab

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The idea that Xavier was the most powerful telepath became outdated quite some time ago. It's a holdover from the days where mind reading was a rare ability, rather than a quota filler. These days, Jean, Emma, and Rachel all have more impressive feats and character stated strengths.
    I know, but in the hypothetical case in which they want to make Xavier a new villain he should be stronger than the others. Will they invent any thing for their increase of power because, if not, where is the fun if the villain is weak in comparison?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Considering Jean is rightfully pissed off and on the war path, does anyone think we might see the phoenix raptor? I feel like we could see her display one if she gets a chance to attack Ahab
    I'd like that but I think it depends on if the writers want to bring back the Phoenix or not, and I get the feeling that they don't. I expect some epic feats though.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I'd like that but I think it depends on if the writers want to bring back the Phoenix or not, and I get the feeling that they don't. I expect some epic feats though.
    She would exhibit the Phoenix raptor in the past even without having the PF. I would think it would be more of an artist thing than the writer. If she's not holding back, it could theoretically manifest when she goes on the attack

I would say it's more likely to be Rachel to manifest the raptor, since using it even without the Phoenix has been in her power set for a long time, and it's a super personal issue for her.

People forget that while Jean is the WPotC, Rachel was bonded in the living world longer than anyone else by a good margin, and never once went dark.