Page 205 of 324 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 4846

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I wish people could leave AvX behind. It was a bad event but things got better between mutants and Avengers.
    Yeah, that was the whole point of Uncanny Avengers! They were called the Unity Squad for a reason.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Of course, Wanda was an Avenger again for what she did, she was possessed? okay. My point again, what is the difference between Scott and Wanda? none, Scott was possessed by the Phoenix, but he went to jail and treated like a villain, why did not Wanda receive that treatment if her case is exactly the same? Oh right! she is an Avenger!

look a lot of X-men are Avengers: Havok, Storm, Wolverine, Beast ... of course the X-men and the Avengers have reconciled, but have they really done it at a point where the two sides admit their mistakes? Of course not, the X-men were the only bad guys and therefore their leader went to jail, meanwhile all the other X-men are on the side of the Avengers turning their back on who was their leader from the beginning and sadly bowing to the will of the Avengers? pfff

AvX was already a few years ago but it happened, why people do not forget Scott's infidelity or Jean's kiss with Logan? if this happened more than 10 years ago! why they do not forget that Scott has "left" Maddie for Jean? if this even happened more than 30 years ago! simple, are bad things that happened, some have an end with explanations or apologies for example DoX with Black Bolt asking for forgiveness to Jean, it is not enough but it is a beginning. The avengers have not accepted that they have done something wrong and are far from asking for forgiveness so for those things is that it is difficult to forget AvX.
    I just adore you. U r right in so many levels.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I don't care for this idea that Jean can't interact with the Avengers because of Scott. She doesn't owe Cyclops anything. A man dressed as Magneto killed Jean, but that didn't stop Cyclops from working with him in the Revolution, or Utopia era.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I don't care for this idea that Jean can't interact with the Avengers because of Scott. She doesn't owe Cyclops anything. A man dressed as Magneto killed Jean, but that didn't stop Cyclops from working with him in the Revolution, or Utopia era.
    Magneto didnt kill Jean so that explains why Scott had no issue working with him. With that said, IA with you in terms of Jean and the Avengers. It was a strategic move and it would be foolish of her to be petty to not seek their aid when they had the resources to mass produce the helmets used against Nova and they could help clear her name after its been tarnished on a global level

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

She can interact with the avengers, she did and hopeful she will keep doing it. It's just some people that are stuck on AvX that thinks all the X-men should be enemies of the avengers and viceversa. which makes no sense. a badly written event shouldn't define the interactions between the two franchices.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Magneto didnt kill Jean so that explains why Scott had no issue working with him
    I know about the recton, but a man dressed as/pretending to be Magneto killed Jean. Magneto or not, I still think most people would feel a certain way working with him again. That's just my opinion.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 11-08-2018 at 08:05 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Of course, Wanda was an Avenger again for what she did, she was possessed? okay. My point again, what is the difference between Scott and Wanda? none, Scott was possessed by the Phoenix, but he went to jail and treated like a villain, why did not Wanda receive that treatment if her case is exactly the same? Oh right! she is an Avenger!

look a lot of X-men are Avengers: Havok, Storm, Wolverine, Beast ... of course the X-men and the Avengers have reconciled, but have they really done it at a point where the two sides admit their mistakes? Of course not, the X-men were the only bad guys and therefore their leader went to jail, meanwhile all the other X-men are on the side of the Avengers turning their back on who was their leader from the beginning and sadly bowing to the will of the Avengers? pfff

AvX was already a few years ago but it happened, why people do not forget Scott's infidelity or Jean's kiss with Logan? if this happened more than 10 years ago! why they do not forget that Scott has "left" Maddie for Jean? if this even happened more than 30 years ago! simple, are bad things that happened, some have an end with explanations or apologies for example DoX with Black Bolt asking for forgiveness to Jean, it is not enough but it is a beginning. The avengers have not accepted that they have done something wrong and are far from asking for forgiveness so for those things is that it is difficult to forget AvX.
    Scott, Emma, Namor, Illyana and Piotr were still in control of their actions when they had 1/5 of the Phoenix power and while under the power they oppressed mutant and human alike. Scott was still gonna pay for that time.

What happened to Wanda? An outside force deteriorated her mental health to the point where she didn't know what she was doing and in the end she ended up in the hands of the villain for months and only the intervention of the Young Avengers got her out of that situation. No one was gonna throw someone who went through that trauma in jail especially since she was just the tool.

I know about the recton, but a man dressed as/pretending to be Magneto killed Jean. Magneto or not, I still think most people would feel a certain way working with him again. That's just my opinion.
    With that logic Scott and the X-men should feel a certain tripe of way working with Jean bc someone that looked like her tried to kill them in the DPS and later Inferno

BANNED

Well, the X-Men worked with Jean despite Dark Phoenix replacing her.
    And they also have an OK relationship with Nathan despite what Stryfe did, even if Stryfe is more like another Cyclops' son than an impersonator.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    With that logic Scott and the X-men should feel a certain tripe of way working with Jean bc someone that looked like her tried to kill them in the DPS and later Inferno
    That's a fair point, but we saw elements of that when Jean wore the Phoenix costume. Cyclops didn't feel comfortable with her wearing that costume because of what it represented, and that was addressed in story, it being Jean or not. I don't think we ever got the same with Magneto.

Not only by Scott (although it is an important point) but also by the mutants in general, the Avengers can say what they want but have never fought for the mutants (I think Spiderman recognized it at some point) Wanda was partly responsible for the death of thousands of mutants and didn't receive any punishment, Scott as phoenix helped the mutants but the avengers took him to the limit losing complete control of himself. He was treated as a criminal when he was not in total control of his actions either. The avengers wanted to take care of Hope as if they had more experience with the Phoenix than the X-men themselves, they tried to take her by force and their actions caused the creation of the Phoenix five.

The Avengers did not act fairly with her ex-husband, her granddaughter, or the mutants in general. I don't say that they should be enemies or something, but acting as if the Avengers have not done anything wrong is not right, even though, is Marvel and the Avengers are currently their main team so I doubt they will ever do anything to see that they were wrong
    Last edited by JeisonWolf; 11-08-2018 at 08:27 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Scott, Emma, Namor, Illyana and Piotr were still in control of their actions when they had 1/5 of the Phoenix power and while under the power they oppressed mutant and human alike. Scott was still gonna pay for that time.

What happened to Wanda? An outside force deteriorated her mental health to the point where she didn't know what she was doing and in the end she ended up in the hands of the villain for months and only the intervention of the Young Avengers got her out of that situation. No one was gonna throw someone who went through that trauma in jail especially since she was just the tool.
    When did they oppress the mutants n humans? I don’t remember.

But even before the avengers knew the “force” messing with her mind, they were still defending her.

Mighty Member

Not only Scott but also the mutants.

She went after Black Blot for Scott. Why not Avengers?

I know this has probably been talked about, but what was Grant Morrison's original plans for Jean? I know it's been said he was planning on bringing her back, but are there any articles or anything where he is discussing it?

Thanks.
    Richard Alexander

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I know this has probably been talked about, but what was Grant Morrison's original plans for Jean? I know it's been said he was planning on bringing her back, but are there any articles or anything where he is discussing it?

Thanks.
    I remember reading it somewhere on TV tropes Jean page.
    But I couldnt find the actual link of the interview.

I just found this article from 2003
    https://www.cbr.com/the-end-of-an-x-...-x-men-sex-dc/