Page 207 of 324 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 4846
    Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    So in the newly released preview of Uncanny X-Men #1 spoilers:
    it appears the teaser art of Multiple Man going crazy about finding Kitty Pryde is actually a precognitive vision of Jean's. Can anyone think of other instances where Jean has done this? I usually associate precognitive flashes with Psylocke (although she hasn't had those in a long time).
    end of spoilers
    Sorta.

Jean was quite clairvoyant throughout Morrison's New X-Men. In several instances she senses or anticipates, on some level, that certain things are going to happen. She tells Xavier that he "mustn't go" right before Cassandra switches bodies with him. Jean senses the Shiar are about to attack at the end of New #123 and tells Emma to go into diamond form. She tells Emma that Scott would need her ( anticipating the end of the run), after reconstituting Emma's diamond form . She tells Xavier that she is going away soon, shortly before being killed. She tells Wolverine that she doesn't know how long they will let her stay, right after being resurrected and right before being killed again. Jean saying "Live Scott. Live" in New #150 anticipates her saying this in New X-Men #154. There may be more instances during that run.

In New X-Men #128, Jean/Phoenix shows Xavier an apocalyptic vision. He asks if this is the future. She sends the vision to him again in New X-Men #149. This seems to foreshadow the HCT future.

After the Onslaught storyline, Jean astral projected into the Heroes Reborn universe and on another occasion she either projected into a possible future or had a vision (it was unclear). She was walking with Scott and Logan and all of a sudden she was in a desolate New York City for a few moments. I'm not sure if it was ever explained.

There was a moment during the original X-Men years where Jean sensed an incoming blast, but it was unclear whether she read the attackers minds or not (this was during the Living Monolith storyline). Later during a Mesmero storyline she senses that a room has been booby trapped with bombs, but again it was unclear how she was using her powers to determine that. Earlier in the original X-Men run she could feel around and probe with her telekinesis.

Of course, Jean has done psychometry a few times where she has acquired information from past events or dealt with lingering psychic impressions from past events (during the original X-Men to discover what had happened in Alex's dorm room, after OZT to expel Bastion's psychic residue, and in an Unlimited story during the New X-Men era to learn what happened to a dead dog).

Yeah, precognitive flashes were an important part of Betsy's psychic powers in her early years. I think one of the last times she had a psychic flash was an early Blue team issue such as X-Men #4 or 5. It was at the start of the Omega Red storyline, I believe.
    Last edited by PhoenixStudies; 11-08-2018 at 06:20 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Apparently, acording to JDW Jean was dead for only a week.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Wtf!! No way. He’s trolling.
    Did he say that on Twitter?

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    Wtf!! No way. He’s trolling.
    Did he say that on Twitter?
    Yes

Which is weird because i could have swear that there was a 9 months space between secret wars and extraordinary x-men

Mighty Member

Yes

Which is weird because i could have swear that there was a 9 months space between secret wars and extraordinary x-men
    He’s trippin I swear.

It’s definitely 3+ years ... like a week is just dumb.
    lol that means Scemma lasted less than a week ... lmao

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    He’s trolling.
    ^ this.

10char,son

BANNED

He's trolling. The mere fact that there's a one year gap between Secret Invasion and the original Marvel NOW! starting proves it.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    He's trolling. The mere fact that there's a one year gap between Secret Invasion and the original Marvel NOW! starting proves it.
    Ok, thanks. Sometimes i can't tell if someone is trolling on english.

Yes

8 months.

People need to stop taking JDW's comments as gospel. He plays the game and intentionally misleads and trolls. Even if he says its only been a week, only what makes it to print is canon so that would be irrelevant anyway

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    A mega troll.

But I won’t be shocked if he doesn’t know it. Some of the editors don’t do their homework

Mighty Member

Ok, thanks. Sometimes i can't tell if someone is trolling on english.
    No, it’s just bad trolling.

Just popped by to see if folks here have a sense of humor.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan D. White View Post
    Can't afford one.

In all seriousness. How long was Jean dead inside the Marvel universe?

Mighty Member

Humour is a luxury we can’t afford xD