Page 106 of 324 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 4846

Sophie Turner's blue eyes are so naturally vibrant. Even tho they are not green, they are the perfect in brightness to evoke the kind of power that Jean Grey wields. That is why she looks so powerful in her Dark Phoenix expressions. It is all in her eyes. Just look at the stills and those beautiful eyes of hers will suck you in every time. I am so thankful they got rid of the whole Black eyes thing which was totally stupid and unbecoming of Jean Grey. I also love that at 5'9" she stands tall and magestic. I wish Jean was that tall in the comics. You know, tall, but not as tall as someone like Storm who is 5'11". I am in love with the #TelekineticGoddess

Sansa definitely looks older. I can see her now as the mid 20s she is playing here

Ultimate Member

I am curious to see what the final Phoenix form actually looks like.

I hope they didn’t skimp on the cgi for the Phoenix form esp if we only see it in all of it’s glory in the last act.
    First X-Lady

So I think the trailer's ok. It didn't WOW me but right now I expect it'll be about as good as the average X movie is which I'm fine with. I do like how it's mainly emotionally driven and hope that means it'll really be diving into the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    Yup. One of the synopsis' said she comes into contact with a cosmic force on a mission in space and we saw production art of relatively the same thing some months back.
    This where I feel like I'm missing a beat. She manifested a Phoenix in Apocalypse, so why is the space shuttle scene necessary aside from it's what happened in the books?

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    So I think the trailer's ok. It didn't WOW me but right now I expect it'll be about as good as the average X movie is which I'm fine with. I do like how it's mainly emotionally driven and hope that means it'll really be diving into the characters.

This where I feel like I'm missing a beat. She manifested a Phoenix in Apocalypse, so why is the space shuttle scene necessary aside from it's what happened in the books?
    Obviously we still have to see the movie. However my interpretation of the statement and how it ties into the movie:

While they are on a mission in space, Jean gets hit by a wave of radiation/solar flare (this being the cosmic force they reference in the synopsis). This triggers the Phoenix inside of her to break down any type of blocks Charles may have put in her mind. Or any blocks she had subconsciously.

I don't think they are going Phoenix Force. I still think the Phoenix is a part of Jean. I think unleashing it in Apocalypse was only possible with the help of Charles, and then he 'locked' it away again.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

IMO, the trailer seemed fine for a Fox movie. Not GREAT, not BAD, just fine. But given that Fox is responsible for X3 and Wolverine: Origins, it's not a high bar.

I like the emotion packed in this trailer, finally seems like we're getting the team/family/soapy dynamics that always made the X-Men stellar. spoilers:
    Making Jean responsible for her parents' death was brutal and adds instant stakes from the get-go, so that at least seems good.
    end of spoilers

Re: The Phoenix manifestation in the shuttle: I'll hold until the movie comes out, but I wouldn't put it past them to overlook the Phoenix manifestation in Apocalypse and pretend we'll just forget it.

Also: the Turner / Chastain scenes look (no pun intended) LIT. FWIW, I'm at least confident that Sophie and Jean as a character will be able to carry this movie as the main focus of conflict (although McAvoy and Fassbender will do some heavy lifting too), even if it's not the movie the PS / DPS deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    Yup. One of the synopsis' said she comes into contact with a cosmic force on a mission in space and we saw production art of relatively the same thing some months back.
    Yeah, I posted almost 2 years ago this very thing--that Jean would experience the Phoenix Force returning from a mission in space while in the ship-- that was the way it was reported to occur. Posters at that time pooh-poohed it saying it was too far out to know and that Jean and the X-Men were not going to have a space adventure and doubted a cosmiic connection.

Nice to know I accurately reported things!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 09-27-2018 at 09:13 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I thought we lost our chance to see Cheung draw Jean since he's a rotating artist on Justice League, so I'm super glad to see he's at least doing an upcoming cover (Uncanny X-Men, most likely)
    I go back forth with Cheung's recent stuff, but this looks amazing. Totally here for this team up.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    My two favorite shots from the trailer. Really wish we could have gotten more of Jean cutting lose, but hopefully we'll get that from the next trailer. I'm glad that they seem to be putting a heavy focus on Jean this go around. Makes me more excited.

What worries me is that they'll make this confusingly complicated. Apocalypse made it seem like the Phoenix was already in Jean. And now it's hitting the cosmic wave in space that does it. So is it Jean losing control? Is it Charles' fault for not addressing it? Or is there actually an outside force to blame? These could be interesting questions to address, but I'm doubtful of one movie being good enough to do so, let alone an X-Men which hasn't had a good track record with it to begin with.

BANNED

What worries me is that they'll make this confusingly complicated. Apocalypse made it seem like the Phoenix was already in Jean. And now it's hitting the cosmic wave in space that does it. So is it Jean losing control? Is it Charles' fault for not addressing it? Or is there actually an outside force to blame? These could be interesting questions to address, but I'm doubtful of one movie being good enough to do so, let alone an X-Men which hasn't had a good track record with it to begin with.
    Fox-confusingly complicated-men.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Fox-confusingly complicated-men.
    So not entirely comicbook inaccurate.

The trailer looks good. Sophie Turner looks more like an ideal Jean Grey, IMO. She's older, her hair a bit more red and kinda wavy which are all positive qualities. I did get a tad excited over the Jean/Scott scene. I wanted some sort of chemistry between them in the original X trilogy, but it was 90% Jean/Logan, with Scott as an afterthought. Hell, there was more spark between Scott/Logan than Jean/Scott. I'm keeping my emotions close to the vest. X3 did not inspire hope.

Oh and Erik, such a douche (Wolverine was right). Erik and Charles are like siblings or lovers even. Always fighting verbally or physically, then they forgive each other and do it all over again lol. These two actors deserve to keep their respective roles when the franchise is re-rebooted!

As for the Jim Cheung drawing YES!!!! Betsy, Jean, and Ororo together front and center!!! Can't wait for the interaction between those three as Ororo is both Jean and Betsy's best friend. OMG I'm getting Vampire Diaries flashes of Elena, Caroline, and Bonnie...

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    The trailer looks good. Sophie Turner looks more like an ideal Jean Grey, IMO. She's older, her hair a bit more red and kinda wavy which are all positive qualities. I did get a tad excited over the Jean/Scott scene. I wanted some sort of chemistry between them in the original X trilogy, but it was 90% Jean/Logan, with Scott as an afterthought. Hell, there was more spark between Scott/Logan than Jean/Scott. I'm keeping my emotions close to the vest. X3 did not inspire hope.
    Yes and it was beautiful!
    tumblr_nqab9bOTex1qbwrnuo2_500.jpg

Ultimate Member

Everyone knows that all of Scott and Logan's macho BS posturing was just their way of trying to deny the obvious sexual tension/chemistry that they had with each other.