Page 12 of 324 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Oh, that's my bad then! I thought I read something that was stated to be the opposite.

... I'm not going to lie, it probably should be. It added some much needed charm to the original five's time as the only X-Men that was sorely lacking. And did it better than Bendis did.
    I think there's one issue the agents of atlas one which is canon from first class. But Jeff Parker definitely said it wasn't canon. The citadel issue in Wolverine first class was stated to be canon

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    It's considered to be canon in the same vein as Claremont's "Classic X-Men." It exists between the stories that were published in the 1960's (and 70's for Uncanny First Class), but have been "modernized" for the time that they came out. The stuff that happened in those books actually happened.
    but has anyone actually referenced those though bc there's at least factual evidence to support Classic X-men being canon

ETA:

Just saw later discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    but has anyone actually referenced those though bc there's at least factual evidence to support Classic X-men being canon
    Only the Agents of Atlas issue was is treated as canon. And was stated by Jeff Parker as canon the rest of the series isn't. The agents of atlas issue has been referenced. The selling point to Wolverine First class was that unlike it's predecessors it is canon. This was in response to their being complaints over the original first class not being canon

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

A jean sketch by Peter Steigerwald

It's been years since I've read First Class, but I remember the X-Men mostly interacting with other Silver Age characters and making efforts to explain stuff like why they used different uniforms in the series instead of the original ones. That lead me to believe they intended it to be more untold stories like Classic X-Men or the Hidden Years. Aside from some modernization, which lots of retconned flashbacks tend to do in comics, I don't recall there being anything that majorly contradicted canon.

Descriptions also described the book as telling "hidden stories" and "untold tales". If it was just a non-canon modern take on the O5 like X-Men: Season One, I feel like they would have marketed it as such.

EDIT: After doing some digging, I found this old thread where they said First Class actually was considered canon for awhile, but then later editorial changed their minds so they no longer made the effort to make sure it fit.

http://www.chronologyproject.com/php...pic.php?t=8253

The handbooks were originally given the impression that First Class was considered 616 canon, to the extent of being asked to read the occasional script and spot any major continuity concerns for being set in whatever period, so the writers could tweak things if they wanted to eliminate the problem while not having to make major story changes. However, later the mandate came down that we were not to include any FC references in the handbooks - they weren't so much definitely ruled non-canon, as put in a vague limbo whereby they might or might not be, and any stories referenced in a non-FC story would only confirm that single story in canon, not all of FC.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    It's so nice to see Jean front and center! I hope this only means more and more positive things are on the horizon for her!
    I feel the same way. I love that she's come back in such a big way.

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    A jean sketch by Peter Steigerwald
    This is stunning, I love it!

Pietro/Jean would be fun just because it'd be a weird concept, which would probably be really funny if addressed in-universe in a very meta way. But in general, I don't think they'd really click that much. If anything, I'd prefer her with Human Torch or even Warren, in spite of his history with Betsy. (Just not Wolvie, lol).

And well, on the topic of LeaderJean, I am just a little worried might push that angle so much that they somehow don't really focus on things like that Quicksilver page from some pages back: her being the heart and Team Mom. It's really hard to pull off, but Marvel has gotten so good at doing unbelievably awful stuff recently that one can't help it.
    Last edited by FeniSam; 08-12-2018 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    I think it would be interesting, also Scott has gone out with Wanda in some AUs, so Jean and Pietro would not be all bad.

As couples for Jean, I would like Warren a lot. I think Jean and Warren have much more in common than Jean and Logan. Anyway, if they want Jean's next relationship to work even after Scott's return, Jean must date some one X-men. Couples who are not in the same team or book last very little. for example, teen Bobby and the Inhuman boy with whom he dating, if I'm not mistaken in X-men Blue it was said that they broke or something.
    Warren/Jean time has passed. She never felt anything besides friendship over him. After all this time Warren also moved on with his life, I dont see any reason for them getting together now
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I was referring to Polaris but I guess I should have said one of her closest/oldest friends. My #1 that isnt Scott would be Warren but that would be a safe choice. I do think it would be intersting to see her with someone no one expects

Yes, just after Onslaught. Her empathy and ability to comfort everyone is why she is considered the heart of the team and why the family dynamic was lost in her absense

And what you write about Quicksilver is why it would be interesting. He has alot he could learn from Jean and she could help him develop into a better person
    This sounds too much like Jean/Scott, I am not really into it
    Last edited by spirit2011; 08-12-2018 at 07:59 PM.

Hey y’all, sorry for the off topic question but I figured the appreciation thread would be the easiest place to discuss-

Has the forum lag been officially addressed? Anyone know What’s going on? The snail load times are really making visits less fun these days
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Ultimate Member

Now would be the perfect time to have Logan/Jean especially since Scott is dead and therefore there's no good reason to keep them apart imho...

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Warren/Jean time has passed. She never felt anything besides friendship over him. After all this time Warren also moved on with his life, I dont see any reason for them getting together now
    I don't know, Warren respected Jean's decisions. when he saw that she loved Scott he got out of the way and looked for his own place. when Jean came back in X-factor Scott was married and Jean was single, it was clear that he was still in love with Jean even though Jean clearly still had a crush on Scott and before it could happen, the whole Apocalysis thing happened.
    I don't see how Warren can be different from Logan, Jean also felt strongly attracted to him but unlike Logan, Warren respected Jean's decisions from whom she loved and didn't attempt to break any relationship, if Scott comes back and says that he prefers Emma instead of Jean, I'm sure Jean would not try anything with Scott she would respect his decision, she did in the past with Maddy. Warren has more things in common with Jean that Logan. that's why I think that if the writers did it well they could work. Although I also like Warren and Betsy but if I'm not wrong, they are not together at the moment.

Fantastic Member

I don't know how I'd feel about Warren/Jean. I don't dislike it, but I think they would need to be a slow but couple which isn't a bad thing necessarily.

I could see Logan/Jean as I think writers through the years have shown he truly loves her. Funny enough, if it was going to be any of the O5, a few years ago, I would have suggested Bobby. I think Johnny Storm shares some of Bobby's humorous traits minus the history (friendship with Scott) and orientation.

I like the idea of Jean going outside the X-Books because it opens the door to potential solo crossovers and that gives her added exposure.

Pfft.... everyone knows that Ted Roberts is going to have another go with Jean .

when was the last time Jean and Warren even interacted? I think their last appearance on panel together was Austen's run 15 years ago but they didnt interact. I cant recall any interaction in Claremont's Revolution. Im drawing a blank bc the Astonishing X-men mini circa The 12 is the only thing that comes to mind

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Pfft.... everyone knows that Ted Roberts is going to have another go with Jean .
    I sure think so.I'm sure tom tylor will be all in for this.
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 08-13-2018 at 08:22 AM.