Page 14 of 324 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

I'd like to see Jean date outside of the X-Men. Namor would have been a fun choice but I wouldn't want her to tread on Emma's leftovers. Rogue already burned Human Torch.

It should definitely be an Avenger and I think Bruce Banner is long overdue for a new romantic interest. Jean offers a unique bond with her ability to reach Bruce even when he's in Hulk mode. Beauty and the Beast-esque.

She needs someone with an edge so a reformed villain or antihero would be preferable, too.

Heroes dating other heroes is a death sentence, because most writers don't know how to balanced it unless that they are teammates (that's also why Spider-Man and Wolverine should never date a super heroine frankly), so in my opinion if Angel isn't avaliable, they should go with a normal human or at least a mutant that isn't involved with the X-Men and just lives a mostly normal life, that could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Was not Bobby Jean's best friend after Scott and Ororo?
    Outside of Scott, I always thought the rest of the O5 were equal. She had different yet equal relationships with all 3. I dont think she was portrayed as being better friends with Warren vs Bobby vs Hank

One friendship she lost over the decades was Misty Knight. It would be cool to see that reestablished as it would grant Jean opportunities to form other relationships outside the X-men

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Heroes dating other heroes is a death sentence, because most writers don't know how to balanced it unless that they are teammates (that's also why Spider-Man and Wolverine should never date a super heroine frankly), so in my opinion if Angel isn't avaliable, they should go with a normal human or at least a mutant that isn't involved with the X-Men and just lives a mostly normal life, that could be interesting.
    Well Im not looking for Jean to find her next true love but Id love it if she had a hot romance that lasted a little while. Within a team title, hero/human pairings tend to get little development with the human primarily on the sidelines and not seen much. Unless Jean got a solo, Id rather her not get a human bf
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-13-2018 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Outside of Scott, I always thought the rest of the O5 were equal. She had different yet equal relationships with all 3. I dont think she was portrayed as being better friends with Warren vs Bobby vs Hank

One friendship she lost over the decades was Misty Knight. It would be cool to see that reestablished as it would grant Jean opportunities to form other relationships outside the X-men

Well Im not looking for Jean to find her next true love but Id love it if she had a hot romance that lasted a little while. Within a team title, hero/human pairings tend to get little development with the human primarily on the sidelines and not seen much. Unless Jean got a solo, Id rather her not get a human bf
    Sometimes less is more, i'm not looking for a big romance either, i just want Jean to have a nice and comfortable relationship, before they end things (in a friendly way of course), i think that something like that would be for the best, if a romantic subplot must happen.

Fantastic Member

My main reason for being pro-Jean and another hero is the character interaction she would be afforded. Even in terms of villains she might encounter. Human Torch would guarantee an eventual encounter with Doctor Doom and the rest of the FF Rogues Gallery. Same for a romance with Steve Rogers.

In terms of Dark characters, I could see Jean having a flirtation with Frank Castle. In no way would I want it to be romantic but I could totally be on board for a close friendship between Jean and Tony Stark.

The girl needs to expand her circle in MANY ways. She's to awesome to be shuttered up with only X-Company.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Was not Bobby Jean's best friend after Scott and Ororo?
    No - I'd say that he maybe came close, but Jean always seemed closer to Warren in X-Factor and the nineties.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Ever since X-Men: The End introduced the idea, part of me has wanted to see a Jean/Kurt romance. As Jean is getting corrupted by trying to undo Nocturne's mental enslavement, Kurt kisses her to bring her back. They both acknowledge how great it is, but it's left as a "what if?" thing as they were always spoken for and they turn their attentions to more dire things.

I guess I also like it for like the angel/devil imagery. Jean's is outwardly like an angel (beautiful, with the Phoenix raptor providing wings) but has a potential devil side while Kurt outwardly looks like a devil but has the heart of an angel. It's an opportune time right now with them both in X-Men Red. However, I doubt this pairing will ever happen, especially because of how muddy things could get due to the former relationship between Kurt and Rachel.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    The main reason I don' want Jean with Logan is because with Logan all of his love interests end in tragedy; it is the nature of his character. He can never truly find piece or happiness. I don't want Jean to take a back seat just to be Logan's trophy. Besides, before he "died" he had moved on to Storm, and if Jean got with Logan it would make her relationship with Ororo awkward. I don't want to see any of that.
    I wouldn't have minded Jean/Logan during Morrison's run. But I think their time has passed especially because he's been with Storm. Sisters before misters. You never ever ever date the ex of your bestie. Ever.

Captain America is too mature
    Isn't that her type though? She married a boyscout who was 20 years older in spirit than he really was lol.

What if she dated someone slightly younger, like Cannonball or Sunspot? Has Jean ever dated another telepath or telekinetic? Justice?

What about Silver Surfer? a cosmic bf?
    I don't know if she could date younger. Unless he was extremely mature, Jean would be too much woman I think. She can't date someone if she feels like an older sister/mentor to them.

A cosmic bf only works if she's Phoenix IMO. I don't think she'd choose to be or could be with someone who has cosmic level duties, priorities or mindset when she has just chosen her own humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Offbeat View Post
    Rogue already burned Human Torch.
    When did that happen? Did they date? I remember they had a light flirtation but nothing came of it then she got back with Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Well Im not looking for Jean to find her next true love but Id love it if she had a hot romance that lasted a little while.
    Yes, a fling please. Something light, sexy, fizzy. The kind that makes a girl want to wear hot lingerie on all her dates lol. She needs something fun.

I also want to see her go out with her girlfriends - Storm, Lorna, Jubilee, Rogue, Misty, etc.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Ever since X-Men: The End introduced the idea, part of me has wanted to see a Jean/Kurt romance.

However, I doubt this pairing will ever happen, especially because of how muddy things could get due to the former relationship between Kurt and Rachel.
    I agree. I don't think the Kurt/Jean pairing is possible now that Kurt has dated Rachel. A pity because they are on the same team and he's so hot with the beard. It wouldn't be healthy on many levels. Not only are Jean and Rachel convolutedly family but they also look very much alike. However, I do like their friendship and hope they have more moments together.

Quote Originally Posted by jollygoldfish View Post
    I agree. I don't think the Kurt/Jean pairing is possible now that Kurt has dated Rachel. A pity because they are on the same team and he's so hot with the beard. It wouldn't be healthy on many levels. Not only are Jean and Rachel convolutedly family but they also look very much alike. However, I do like their friendship and hope they have more moments together.
    Besides that it would be very disturbing that your "mom" stole your boyfriend. Something more for the misfortunes of Rachel ...

Gambit could have been fun had he not just gotten married. Maybe Cannonball for a hot young thing

Besides that it would be very disturbing that your "mom" stole your boyfriend. Something more for the misfortunes of Rachel ...
    Shhh...Jean's not her mother
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-13-2018 at 04:49 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

What's a Rachel?

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Lol, I never noticed after all these years, but just now I saw Kurt's tail right after he kissed Jean. Funny how Sean Chen was able to slip that past the editor.

Last edited by nightw1ng; 08-13-2018 at 05:32 PM.

BANNED

Outside the X-Men, I'd ship Jean with I guess Thor. I thought about Cap, but then he'd be in the X-Books more often and he's kind of an annoying character, really.

What about Dr. Strange???

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Heroes dating other heroes is a death sentence
    Lol I think Jean had this problem with her last situation, didn't she? She might be smart to try her luck. Surely the next hero wouldn't lead to her dying all the time...

As for non-mushy ships, I've wanted Jean with/vs Magneto moments for a literal decade and a half.

Her and QQ would be great bouncing off of each other.

There's nothing written for her and a Kitty that isn't a 13 year old, so moments for them is a must.

Really, I would say that there is potential in all of Jean's relationships because we haven't seen her dynamics really filled out with many of the characters besides Cyke.

She doesn't know any of the younger characters at all, really. There's potential every which way with Jean.

Now to just keep her alive long enough to see a good bit of it...

Jean was attracted to Fantomex in New X-Men.
    Now she can date Xavier in a Fantomex body.

It would be so gross that it would break this board for a least one day.
    - I love Wolverine. Really.
    - Yeah ? Which one ?