Page 149 of 324 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199249 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 4846
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    You're not buying Uncanny?
    Goddess No!
    I hate the fact that there are multiple writers and artists involved...that usually means the overall quality will be inconsistent. (I only care for one writer and one artist of the lot).
    Plus, I'm already buying too many other books to be supporting just one weekly-published franchise.
    I am not at all keen on reading yet another "Extinction-type threat to Mutantdom" storyline.
    I was never a fan of X-Man so...any story that revolves around him is an absolute "no!".
    Bottom line...Marvel just isn't publishing anything X-related that's worth my money, at this time. Come March or April when the direction of the line streamlines and solidifies then I'll see what's on offer, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Me too, due to the prehistoric Phoenix. And Namor apparently kicked the Red team out of Atlantis at some point after Extermination, since he's now saying land dwellers aren't welcome in Atlantis. Jean ought to want to know what the hell the Submariner is up to!
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Namor plot actually gets the X-Men involved, though that depends on how much they let Aaron get away with.

Also: yes on Thorsworth and Jean. Because Chris Hemsworth. /10char

All joking aside, I feel Aaron can make good use of female characters (Jane Thor was good, IMO), but not so sure about romantic relationships. I would love to see Jean outside the X-Men, but in a Wolverine way where she's somehow in both places simultaneously. She is central to the X-Men and they just cemented that in Red and with the Uncanny relaunch, so anything else would be out of place.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I would have loved to see her in the ultimates. I usually don't like the phoenix but in a team like that she could unleash all it's power. Hopeful one day, a team like that happens again, with Jean in it but i doubt.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-18-2018 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I would have loved to see her in the ultimates. I usually don't like the phoenix but in a team like that she could unleash all it's power. Hopeful one day, a team like that happens again, with Jean in it but i doubt.
    If they are enforcing the No Phoenix for Jean thing after PR, that seems unlikely. I would love to see it, kind of like the Phoenix Generations issue against Galactus.

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Namor plot actually gets the X-Men involved, though that depends on how much they let Aaron get away with.
    I think JDW confirmed that Namor's "current" war with the Avengers takes place after X-Men Red is completely done, so the X-Men may not be there anymore, though it might be nice if the Avengers pulled Jean in to mediate assuming she's still on good terms with him.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    If they are enforcing the No Phoenix for Jean thing after PR, that seems unlikely. I would love to see it, kind of like the Phoenix Generations issue against Galactus.
    I kind of want the Phoenix back because aesthetic. The black suit from PR, and making the fire raptor.
    Overall though, I don’t want it back at all, because those are terrible reasons, and she can kind of do a raptor out of psionic energy on her own.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Movie Thor is yummy especially since they cut his hair
    Totally agree!

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    So you havent been reading Aaron run on the character.

there is also the irony on this
    No Im not bc I find the character boring

Fantastic Member

Movie Thor is yummy especially since they cut his hair
    Long hair, short hair, who cares. Chris Hemsworth aka Thor. Yes please. For Jean Grey, I'll order a Steve Rogers as an appetizer, Thor as a main course, Johnny Storm as desert and if she's feeling a little "peckish" maybe a little Doctor Strange. lol.

I think it could be someone outside of the X-Verse. It doesn't have to be in the main x-book, I could see Jean having a guest stint somewhere. Or maybe a Marvel Heavy Hitter guest stars in one of the X-Books and Jean and Mr. Rogers/Odinson/Storm/Strange have a "moment."

I'm very excited for the Jean Grey character. I hope it's not Kurt though, I loathe Rachel, but please no sharing with the alternate universe daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    Long hair, short hair, who cares. Chris Hemsworth aka Thor. Yes please. For Jean Grey, I'll order a Steve Rogers as an appetizer, Thor as a main course, Johnny Storm as desert and if she's feeling a little "peckish" maybe a little Doctor Strange. lol.

I think it could be someone outside of the X-Verse. It doesn't have to be in the main x-book, I could see Jean having a guest stint somewhere. Or maybe a Marvel Heavy Hitter guest stars in one of the X-Books and Jean and Mr. Rogers/Odinson/Storm/Strange have a "moment."

I'm very excited for the Jean Grey character. I hope it's not Kurt though, I loathe Rachel, but please no sharing with the alternate universe daughter.
    I want her dating out of the X-Verse. I don't like any of her X-Men options, and I don't like how separate Marvel keeps the X-Men from the rest of the world.
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I want her dating out of the X-Verse. I don't like any of her X-Men options, and I don't like how separate Marvel keeps the X-Men from the rest of the world.
    Unfortunately, it appears that the X-Men is the discount buffet of the Marvel universe. Non-X Writers get to pick and choose their options, but none of what results is appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Unfortunately, it appears that the X-Men is the discount buffet of the Marvel universe. Non-X Writers get to pick and choose their options, but none of what results is appealing.
    Avengers: "There's been a universal emergency! Quick, let's find all the best people we can!"
    Some intern: "Hey, I found a few X-Men that could really help, and they round out the team really well."
    Avengers: "Pretty sure we're good as is."
    Intern: "What if you run into a psychic threat?"
    Avengers: "I don't follow."

Avengers: "There's been a universal emergency! Quick, let's find all the best people we can!"
    Some intern: "Hey, I found a few X-Men that could really help, and they round out the team really well."
    Avengers: "Pretty sure we're good as is."
    Intern: "What if you run into a psychic threat?"
    Avengers: "I don't follow."
    Civil War 2: Electric Boogaloo was a good example. They bring in Jeen... for her to be able to tell them nothing. Then a few X-characters fight in the big brawl at the Triskelion (AKA the ones who had popular books out at the time). And none of them really did anything.

Cap: "We've consulted Logan, our resident expert on the Phoenix, and we've elected to arrest Hope, although I'm like 95% sure he's going to try to kill her."
    Cyclops: "What about any of the other people that actually know what they're talking about, or the fact that Jean was a perfectly fine Phoenix host before Mastermind messed with her head?"
    Cap: "I don't worry myself with the details."

Although to be fair, neither the Avengers nor the X-Men thought of Rachel at any point.

Cap: "We've consulted Logan, our resident expert on the Phoenix, and we've elected to arrest Hope, although I'm like 95% sure he's going to try to kill her."
    Cyclops: "What about any of the other people that actually know what they're talking about, or the fact that Jean was a perfectly fine Phoenix host before Mastermind messed with her head?"
    Cap: "I don't worry myself with the details."

Although to be fair, neither the Avengers nor the X-Men thought of Rachel at any point.

That Rachel comic is one of the best in the world, and has been one of my favorites. It's also my main reason for hating Logan as much as I do. She was a teacher AT HIS SCHOOL, yet he doesn't consult her when Cap visits, and as a result scares the Avengers into bringing an army to Utopia.