Page 165 of 324 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 4846
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I'm a Jean/Scott fan but i don't like to bash Jean/Logan or any other Jean ship. It feels rude and some times bad mouthing other people ships feels more like a personal attack.
    maybe i'm just a bit sensitive but also think it's more entertaining to talk about other topics.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I'm a Jean/Scott fan but i don't like to bash Jean/Logan or any other Jean ship. It feels rude and some times bad mouthing other people ships feels more like a personal attack.
    maybe i'm just a bit sensitive but also think it's more entertaining to talk about other topics.
    I apoligize if i'm upseted you, but yeah back on topic.

After all this months, how many of you feel about Jean return, do you thino that Marvel has used her well? or there are things that you feel they still need to deliver?.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Unfortunately it's the tragic cycle of the Scott/Emma/Jean/ threads. Eventually someone takes a shot at someone else, the affair gets brought up, and the ship wars renew themselves. It's what happens when you have three extremely popular characters, and their one unifying moment is a world scale ship net.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I apoligize if i'm upseted you, but yeah back on topic.

After all this months, how many of you feel about Jean return, do you thino that Marvel has used her well? or there are things that you feel they still need to deliver?.
    I feel there is going to be a letdown after Extermination. Red is a Jean solo for all intents and purposes, and I don't want her to get the Gold Kitty treatment of just being right because the author says so and making her less likable as a result. I hope the series afterwards establishes her as a capable leader who is also capable of flaws.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I feel there is going to be a letdown after Extermination. Red is a Jean solo for all intents and purposes, and I don't want her to get the Gold Kitty treatment of just being right because the author says so and making her less likable as a result. I hope the series afterwards establishes her as a capable leader who is also capable of flaws.
    Yeah, i'm very worried for Jean. When marvel pushes a character is cool for the fans of said character but everybody else starts feeling sidelined and over time this turns into resentment.

Yeah, since House Of M being the leader of the X-Men makes you an easy target for fans, especially because now they tend to get more screen time. Scott, Logan, Storm, Kitty and now Jean.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Pretty much this.
    VVVV

I love Jean being front and center, and after being gone so long having one contained title where she's unequivacbly the hero is not a bad thing. But the X-Men are way more then Jean and so I'm hoping for a good balance when Uncanny starts.

BANNED

She's been quite distanced from the main bulk of the X-Men. I want to see her get some time with the other major X-Women that she is really lacking panel time with (virtually all of them besides the aformentioned Emma).

They shouldn't forget ro give her some fun moments to balance out the righteous fury that is coming in retaliation against Cassie and whoever killed Maddie's boy.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    If they try to force Jogan just because he's alive and Scott's not...

I don't think that they'd have to force anything to get them together, there'd be some awkward moments and such at first but after that...

And if they pair Jean up with somebody else then it's just a stalling tactic until Scott comes back so that the second that he's back Jean can dump whoever it is and run back to him...

Totally agree with this.

I just want them to write her well..don't think I'm askin much

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    it's not like Marvel did something to change the game about Emma/Jean personal lives. They just made it wirse by making Emma obssessed about Scott.
    I am not big on emma and jean interacting, but it will happen. It is very hard to write, I imagine. Emma cant backoff nor Jean that was the victim on the story and on meta level
    Post Morrison run, the only significant relationship Emma Frost had with Adult X-Men was with her boyfriend Cyclops. So when he died, Emma didn't have a place in the team. Sad and pathetic. It seems like their building a friendship of sorts with Iceman, as she felt that he as a gay X-Man would help with her brother (and he did). Writers spent so much time writing her as catty she built no friends in the X-Men. Really, with Scott dead why would she stay? And she id not.

Contrast this to Jean, who had plenty of relationships in the X-Men. She's particularly close friends with Storm, Polaris, Iceman, Beast, Angel, Nightcrawler, Colossus. She's the mother to Cable and Rachel. And now she's an aunt of sorts to Laura and Gabby. She reasonably gets along with Gambit, Rogue, and Psylocke (not her closest friends as Jean's closest friends generally seem to be either original or All New X-Men).

With Scott dead there is no rivalry between Emma and Jean, you cannot even compare their situations. Emma on the other hand is estranged from her daughters/the Cuckoos, but at least she finally found her brother Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Post Morrison run, the only significant relationship Emma Frost had with Adult X-Men was with her boyfriend Cyclops. So when he died, Emma didn't have a place in the team. Sad and pathetic. It seems like their building a friendship of sorts with Iceman, as she felt that he as a gay X-Man would help with her brother (and he did). Writers spent so much time writing her as catty she built no friends in the X-Men. Really, with Scott dead why would she stay? And she id not.

Contrast this to Jean, who had plenty of relationships in the X-Men. She's particularly close friends with Storm, Polaris, Iceman, Beast, Angel, Nightcrawler, Colossus. She's the mother to Cable and Rachel. And now she's an aunt of sorts to Laura and Gabby. She reasonably gets along with Gambit, Rogue, and Psylocke (not her closest friends as Jean's closest friends generally seem to be either original or All New X-Men).

With Scott dead there is no rivalry between Emma and Jean, you cannot even compare their situations. Emma on the other hand is estranged from her daughters/the Cuckoos, but at least she finally found her brother Christian.
    Emma's relationship with the team is horrible by design, unfortunately. Even if she wanted to interact with them, everyone just saw her as a homewrecker. Kinda messed up when you consider many of them weren't terribly faithful in their own relationships.

But never doubt one thing: Emma loves her daughters. And they don't mind her being good, evil, or something in between. They just want her around, and when she isn't, they feel abandoned.

Yeah, i'm very worried for Jean. When marvel pushes a character is cool for the fans of said character but everybody else starts feeling sidelined and over time this turns into resentment.
    I don't care as long as I can gloat all over it BWAHAHAHAHA! Oups, sorry

Just tead issue 9.

Wow! But really not happy with another change in artist. How come DC can keep their artists on their books, and Marven cant? The art isnt bad, its just a bit jarring, and I feel the art doesn’t reflect the drama and mood of the story. it is all very light and i feel something a bit darker in tone would have worked better.

I am a bit disappointed in the Jean vs Rachel bit, but Jean vs Cassandra Nova......

Down with Trump.. Jean for presudent. You remember Xmen The End when Kitty was politician, or in All New Xman when Dazzler was PM, well this ought to be Jean’s future role!

The Storm Jean moment was exquisite.

Loved the comment about Jean’ shoukder pads, ninoww I understand why she has them, their function!
    Last edited by Portsian; 10-24-2018 at 01:29 AM.