Page 181 of 324 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 4846
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorPeterParker View Post
    I can't be the only one eagerly anticipating the interaction between Jean, Emma, and Scott once he inevitably comes back to life. What do you guys think will happen?
    Just a friendly reminder: the appropriate thread for this subject is The Rectangle.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Kris Anka has remixed the Jean X-Men Red costume:

https://twitter.com/kristaferanka/st...42771027165184

I really like the shoulder pads change. Also, hair for dayyyyys!
    It's always nice to see Anka's evolution. Dude's very dedicated, as the progress between last year and current is noticeable. Thank God for Runaways.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Fantastic Member

I still cant see that so called similarities. completely different paths
    The only similarity I can see, is power levels. Everything else, has them worlds apart IMO. I also don't see some avant garde dynamic between the two. They were two women that did/do not like each other, they were co-workers. One co-worker was mature and professional, attempting to work with the other in a civil manner, the other co-worker repaid that attempt at civility and professionalism by starting a sordid, sleazy affair with her co-workers husband.

I don't think Jean harbors some ingrained respect for Emma and she shouldn't. Jean is a textured, flawed and layered character (now that writers are letting her do more then flame on the firebird). She works hard as a hero but she loathes the woman who had an affair with her husband. That seems completely understandable to me. If the fate of the world depended on it, I have know doubt Jean would choke down her own bile and stomach Emma but outside of that? I just don't see it.

I think Taylor has also emphasized characteristics in new ways. I think Red has shown that Jean can be blindly optimistic. She is/can be very head strong. She isn't like most leaders that are constantly thinking of contingencies and possibilities, she 9 times out of 10 seems to genuinely think things are going to work out. I do think there is a fair amount of surprising naivety to the character, which makes her pretty unique, since a majority of A-List heroes have a fair amount of cynicism to them.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    she looks naked.

No offense to ExodusCloak but I don't know what he was thinking posting that pic of Laura as evidence that she disliked Jean. Talk about completely misinterpreting a scene.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    The only similarity I can see, is power levels. Everything else, has them worlds apart IMO. I also don't see some avant garde dynamic between the two. They were two women that did/do not like each other, they were co-workers. One co-worker was mature and professional, attempting to work with the other in a civil manner, the other co-worker repaid that attempt at civility and professionalism by starting a sordid, sleazy affair with her co-workers husband.

I don't think Jean harbors some ingrained respect for Emma and she shouldn't. Jean is a textured, flawed and layered character (now that writers are letting her do more then flame on the firebird). She works hard as a hero but she loathes the woman who had an affair with her husband. That seems completely understandable to me. If the fate of the world depended on it, I have know doubt Jean would choke down her own bile and stomach Emma but outside of that? I just don't see it.

I think Taylor has also emphasized characteristics in new ways. I think Red has shown that Jean can be blindly optimistic. She is/can be very head strong. She isn't like most leaders that are constantly thinking of contingencies and possibilities, she 9 times out of 10 seems to genuinely think things are going to work out. I do think there is a fair amount of surprising naivety to the character, which makes her pretty unique, since a majority of A-List heroes have a fair amount of cynicism to them.
    I would say Jean being usually the opposite of cynical is a big part of her character, yes.

Think about that then re-read the scene where she and Logan are hurtling toward the sun and she is giving up. Makes the scene so much stronger.

A couple of posters are obsess in dismissing Jean"s powers, always dismissing any Jean's feats and glorifying anything Emma does... but all they can say is irrelevant, Marvel have long established that Jean is
    -"a nuke'
    -"mount Olympus"
    -"Godhood in every cells"
    - " the most talented psy I ever met"

And even if Emma was at Jean level on telepathy, Jean is also a powerful TK, and that made her far more dangerous than Emma.

Emma only have one advantage, she is ruthless and will use her telepathy to do things that Jean as an hero will not allow herself to do.

In many occasions Marvel have made a point to say that Jean was uber powerful, they never insisted that much about Emma, so for now until Marvel state otherwise, Jean is superior...

Quote Originally Posted by perdid06 View Post
    A couple of posters are obsess in dismissing Jean"s powers, always dismissing any Jean's feats and glorifying anything Emma does... but all they can say is irrelevant, Marvel have long established that Jean is
    -"a nuke'
    -"mount Olympus"

And even if Emma was at Jean level on telepathy, Jean is also a powerful TK, and that made her far more dangerous than Emma.

Emma only have one advantage, she is ruthless and will use her telepathy to do things that Jean as an hero will not allow herself to do.

In many occasions Marvel have made a point to say that Jean was uber powerful, they never insisted that much about Emma, so for now until Marvel state otherwise, Jean is superior...
    I've noticed that it comes in phases. For awhile there's nothing and then suddenly some people get real insecure and need to say something about the character. Threads are created or certain posters come into other appreciation threads to stir up trouble but usually when they feel threatened. It'll pass until the next wave of hate.

Quote Originally Posted by perdid06 View Post
    -"a nuke'
    -"mount Olympus"

Jean's also had a much longer publicatation history, most of which was people glowing over her abilities. Emma has beaten Charles twice. As far as telepaths go, they're fairly close in power. Jean is stronger, but the gap is not as wide as you make it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    This just made me feel guilty for having eyes.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Kris Anka has remixed the Jean X-Men Red costume:

https://twitter.com/kristaferanka/st...42771027165184

I really like the shoulder pads change. Also, hair for dayyyyys!
    Really enjoy this rendition. He managed to make the shoulders work.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 10-28-2018 at 12:06 PM.

BANNED

You guys really care too much whether other people like your favorite character. As long as they are not attacking people, then fine. Who cares if "everybody likes Jean because she is a Mary Sue" (which is the real point Exodus Cloak was trying to make and nothing about Laura really). People can think what they want and it's more fun if opinions are varied anyway, even if some of those opinions are unfounded or even if they are.

I don't buy it when people like every character, anyway. Like...who genuinely likes EVERY personality? Fakers.

Jean is SUPPOSED to engender dislike/hate and/or other strong emotions/opinions from people. Varied reactions are great.

If someone says something about Jean you don't like, react or don't react, but either way don't get mad about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    You guys really care too much whether other people like your favorite character. As long as they are not attacking people, then fine. Who cares if "everybody likes Jean because she is a Mary Sue" (which is the real point Exodus Cloak was trying to make and nothing about Laura really). People can think what they want and it's more fun if opinions are varied anyway, even if some of those opinions are unfounded or even if they are.

I don't buy it when people like every character, anyway. Like...who genuinely likes EVERY personality? Fakers.

Jean is SUPPOSED to engender dislike/hate and/or other strong emotions/opinions from people. Varied reactions are great.

If someone says something about Jean you don't like, react or don't react, but either way don't get mad about it.
    This. Not liking Jean is not a sign of a personality deficit.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

As I stated, I don't care if people don't like a character or not. I certainly don't like every character in the X-Men. The problem is that this is an appreciation thread, one where people come to appreciate said character, not troll people who do. When people say things I don't like about some of my favorites, I try to just keep scrolling. There is plenty of bait threads out there looking for reactions, but its different coming into a particular character's thread. But I've said what I've had to say, and I'm moving on.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 10-28-2018 at 01:39 PM.