Page 182 of 324 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232282 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 4846
    Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    As I stated, I don't care if people don't like a character or not. I certainly don't like every character in the X-Men. The problem is that this is an appreciation thread, one where people come to appreciate said character, not troll people who do. When people say things I don't like about some of my favorites, I try to just keep scrolling. There is plenty of bait threads out there looking for reactions, but its different coming into a particular character's thread. But I've said what I've had to say, and I'm moving on.
    Great way of putting it. I expect a little bit of complaining about Jean in Emma’s thread and Scott’s thread, both of which I frequent, and that’s fine, but it’s really annoying when somebody rolls into a character’s appreciation thread and complains about them.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I have been reading some of the Emma focused threads and it seems that she is in fact a dedicated teacher with many students (even if many have died or turned somewhat wrong). It made me think that we haven't really seen Jean teaching. Who? what? has she teached? if you could put someone under her guidance, who would you chose?
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-28-2018 at 07:20 PM.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Oh my God, y'all, this is my WIP Babs Tarr commission!!!
    DqoltfGVYAATKxA.jpg-large.jpg

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It made me think that we haven't really seen Jean teaching. Who? what? has she teached? if you could put someone under her guidance, who would you chose?
    100% want Quentin Quire under Jeanie's guidance, her protege.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    That could be fun.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

oh god that would be terrible.
    i need it.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

I'm not a fan of Quire at all, but this is the only choice.

I have been reading some of the Emma focused threads and it seems that she is in fact a dedicated teacher with many students (even if many have died or turned somewhat wrong). It made me think that we haven't really seen Jean teaching. Who? what? has she teached? if you could put someone under her guidance, who would you chose?
    I know in X-Factor she was shown training Rusty, Skids, Leach (I know she helped him in controlling his dampening field/reducing his radius) and Artie individually, can't remember the degrees of success she had with them. I am do know she strained cable on how to use his telepathy on a cellular level to hold back the techno organic virus and convert his arm to flesh, she also thought him the basics of astral plane battle during phalanx covenant.
    Her team of nooks she recruited when she wanted to invade genosha, she used telepathy to train them on how to use their powers in their minds (like Xavier did to the deadly Genesis team)

Emma has more teaching experience than Jean

All the X-Men teach, basically out of necessity doing double-duty. It's like how at my high school the baseball coach also "taught" driver's ed (meaning he showed up and babysat the class since the district couldn't afford to pay him JUST to coach baseball).

But most all the X-Men teach off-panel. Emma's the only one who does it as part of a story with any regularity since it's her thing.

Curiosity yesterday Jean/Sophie in Halloween

Guys, just wondering who would you like to play as Jean in the MCU my choice would be Rebecca Ferguson image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Black Queen View Post
    Guys, just wondering who would you like to play as Jean in the MCU my choice would be Rebecca Ferguson image.jpg
    She seems too... mysterious to be Jean.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That's a new "broke back" position.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Black Queen View Post
    She was in Mission Impossible, right? She certainly looks the part and from what I've seen of her, she's a good actress.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    She was in Mission Impossible, right? She certainly looks the part and from what I've seen of her, she's a good actress.
    Yes. One of the best female action characters in recent years. Scratch that, one of the best female characters in recent years period.