Page 197 of 324 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247297 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 4846

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Had the adult returned during the Bendis run, literally the entire Bendis run would have been different. There's no reason Scott would be running his school, let alone anyone trying to help the O5 there.
    Your an Emma fan right i been wanting to ask why do you think that writer feel the need to **** over Jean when Scemma was at it's peek? Enlighten me please answer this question for me

BANNED

Seriously.

Bishop shot Xavier in the face.

Namor's list of crimes is too large to list

Sabretooth tried to kill and cannibalize the X-Men

Magneto needs his own page to list every crime against the X-Men

Compared to that an affair is virtually nothing.
    Gambit was a thief. Rogue was a terrorist member of the Brotherhood. Mystique's been allowed to join and how many people has she killed? Her crimes are too long to list. Cable has ruthlessly taken down opponents. What's Logan's body count? Wolfsbane ate her father. Magik stole a part of Pixie's soul, and had Anole's arm cut off. Magik manipulated everyone to achieve her goal of destroying the elder gods.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Black Queen View Post
    Your an Emma fan right i been wanting to ask why do you think that writer feel the need to **** over Jean when Scemma was at it's peek? Enlighten me please answer this question for me
    Please stop trolling. It's possible to like both Jean and Emma. Actually fan can also be derogatory, as it can also mean fanatic.

There's absolutely no reason to fight over fictional characters. None of us are telepaths in real life, so we cannot answer what Morrison was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Gambit was a thief. Rogue was a terrorist member of the Brotherhood. Mystique's been allowed to join and how many people has she killed? Her crimes are too long to list. Cable has ruthlessly taken down opponents. What's Logan's body count? Wolfsbane ate her father. Magik stole a part of Pixie's soul, and had Anole's arm cut off. Magik manipulated everyone to achieve her goal of destroying the elder gods.
    So you really want to see them as friends huh? Well i rest my case just poor Jean and brother I'm not trolling

So you really want to see them as friends huh? Well i rest my case just poor Jean and brother I'm not trolling
    No one is saying they should be friends except Leah Williams. But they can work together as frenemies/rivals.

No one is saying they should be friends except Leah Williams. But they can work together as frenemies/rivals.
    It's not that I wanna fight or troll just that it took 14 years for her to come back 14 years. So much of her story been forgotten thank to the writers.Like people don't remember her that well anymore. So I stand by what you said about them been frenemies or rival just that both of them get written well and not fight over one guy

I think you're projecting too much. Considering all the former villains the X-Men have allowed to join the team, an affair is nothing. Emma Frost trained the younger Jean Grey, so if she's willing to do that I think a better working relationship between the two is possible.
    She betrayed x-men many times.

be part of x-men doesnt mean being friends with jean. A professional relationship doesnt mean being friends

Fantastic Member

Regarding Emma. They did the "working relationship/civility" or at least, Jean did. While Jean was being civil and professional, Emma was having a telepathic affair with Jean's husband.

What will be Emma's next mean girl trick? And why would any Jean fan want to find out?

I think you're projecting too much. Considering all the former villains the X-Men have allowed to join the team, an affair is nothing. Emma Frost trained the younger Jean Grey, so if she's willing to do that I think a better working relationship between the two is possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Teen Jean and Adult Jean were different characters. Teen did not have the history or contempt for Emma that the adult did bc she didnt live through it. Had the adult returned during Bendis run, she wouldnt have accepted Emma training her and gone out shopping with her. Emma herself hated the teen until she realized she was different and no threat to her
    Exactly, Jeen and Emma were friends but their relationship is very different from that of Jean and Emma. "Emma did something wrong to my future self, ok, but it was not all the same, it's not really me, so I don't care" This would be Jeen's thought, she did not live or felt the same as Jean to hate Emma or not. Besides, how did It say, Emma hated Jeen. Her first training? attacking her with images of Scott cheating her and saying that he had chosen Emma ...

You know many characters have done bad things and despite that they have been forgiven, why would it be different between Jean and Emma? simple, look for example to Wolverine or Psylocke or Angel, they have killed many but when they have done it or they were possessed or they did not have control of themselves ... now, if they had killed or hurt a friend or loved one of yours It would be very difficult for you to forgive them. most of the crimes that some characters have done generally did not directly affect the X-men (eg, Dark Phoenix) Why it is so difficult for the X-men to forgive Scott for Xavier when Jean being possessed by the phoenix killed Thousands? simple, most if not all the X-men had a great respect for Xavier and they loved him (although he has done really questionable things). Jean could forgive Emma in the past, they could even have become friends but today and after she not only robbed her husband but took every opportunity to insult her. not this is no longer a crime that can easily be forgiven, this is something personal.
    Last edited by JeisonWolf; 11-06-2018 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    oooh Jean is so cute here! I love it
    lol Scott's comment.

What is the point of this? It is not for Emma fans to justify a writers or editors decisions. You are personalising it way too much. Jean Grey is my face character, by far. Recent posts have talked as if the only thing Emma did against Jean was her osychic affair with Scott. There is so much more complicTed history between them. In Morrisons run I likedthe dynamic between Jean and Emma. But Emmas motivation was to annoy Jean. When Jean asked her why she was such a bitch ‘breeding darlingk. Emma was out to wind Jean ip. She states that she got involved in Scott and Jeans life to get at Jean and the last thing she exoected was to fall in lobe with Scott. This was the first time in Mortisons run I sctually felt fir Emma. I enjoyed her bitchy portrayal to an extent, though I think Wheedon did much better with her, and her telationship with Scott. Emma targetted Scott was he was vulnersble, lost and low. She fell in love with a damaged man, never the basis for a healthy relationship, but that doesnt negate their feelings. In terms of Scott, people “falling” for their therapists is not uncommon, and something therapists have to be careful about. I would consider less whether Scott was truky in love with Emma, or at keast state that she loved him more than hec loved her.

Jean was trying to support Scott my ketting him take his time, gettinh him to open up when he needed to. Hecwanted Jean to read his mind so she could understand, but Jean wanted him to take responsibility and open up. I take mo issues with Scott and Jean breaking up over their traumas. Jean had more of a therapists ethical approach than Emma, and maybe Jean could have been more of a loving partner and supportive.

My partner has accused me of being to “social worky” with him at times, instead of just being there for him, and I def see his point!! I see parallels here. But, no way, could Jean and Emma ever be friends. Many enemies have truly reformed and become xnen. But Emma was instrumental in getting Mastermind to seduce Phoenix / Jean asPhodnix. In Whednon’s run i loved that Kitty akwats called Emma out. They worked together, but Emma said she dudny fukky trust herself, and wanted kitty to be able to stop her if needed. I see Emma and Jeans “workingl rekationship more like Kitty and Emma’s, if they needed to be together fir something, but friebds? Never.

Jean has been burned by Emma too many times, as she saud recentky, compassion is not thecsame as weakness. I dont see how Jean could ever trust Emma personally again. Professionally, yes, personally, no way!

So, with Red coming out tomorrow and Uncanny starting next week, we're gonna have Jean content for the whole month!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    What is the point of this? It is not for Emma fans to justify a writers or editors decisions. You are personalising it way too much. Jean Grey is my face character, by far. Recent posts have talked as if the only thing Emma did against Jean was her osychic affair with Scott. There is so much more complicTed history between them. In Morrisons run I likedthe dynamic between Jean and Emma. But Emmas motivation was to annoy Jean. When Jean asked her why she was such a bitch ‘breeding darlingk. Emma was out to wind Jean ip. She states that she got involved in Scott and Jeans life to get at Jean and the last thing she exoected was to fall in lobe with Scott. This was the first time in Mortisons run I sctually felt fir Emma. I enjoyed her bitchy portrayal to an extent, though I think Wheedon did much better with her, and her telationship with Scott. Emma targetted Scott was he was vulnersble, lost and low. She fell in love with a damaged man, never the basis for a healthy relationship, but that doesnt negate their feelings. In terms of Scott, people “falling” for their therapists is not uncommon, and something therapists have to be careful about. I would consider less whether Scott was truky in love with Emma, or at keast state that she loved him more than hec loved her.

Jean was trying to support Scott my ketting him take his time, gettinh him to open up when he needed to. Hecwanted Jean to read his mind so she could understand, but Jean wanted him to take responsibility and open up. I take mo issues with Scott and Jean breaking up over their traumas. Jean had more of a therapists ethical approach than Emma, and maybe Jean could have been more of a loving partner and supportive.

My partner has accused me of being to “social worky” with him at times, instead of just being there for him, and I def see his point!! I see parallels here. But, no way, could Jean and Emma ever be friends. Many enemies have truly reformed and become xnen. But Emma was instrumental in getting Mastermind to seduce Phoenix / Jean asPhodnix. In Whednon’s run i loved that Kitty akwats called Emma out. They worked together, but Emma said she dudny fukky trust herself, and wanted kitty to be able to stop her if needed. I see Emma and Jeans “workingl rekationship more like Kitty and Emma’s, if they needed to be together fir something, but friebds? Never.

Jean has been burned by Emma too many times, as she saud recentky, compassion is not thecsame as weakness. I dont see how Jean could ever trust Emma personally again. Professionally, yes, personally, no way!
    Well said. I couldn’t have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    So, with Red coming out tomorrow and Uncanny starting next week, we're gonna have Jean content for the whole month!
    Phoenix blessed us!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Exactly, Jeen and Emma were friends but their relationship is very different from that of Jean and Emma. "Emma did something wrong to my future self, ok, but it was not all the same, it's not really me, so I don't care" This would be Jeen's thought, she did not live or felt the same as Jean to hate Emma or not. Besides, how did It say, Emma hated Jeen. Her first training? attacking her with images of Scott cheating her and saying that he had chosen Emma ...

You know many characters have done bad things and despite that they have been forgiven, why would it be different between Jean and Emma? simple, look for example to Wolverine or Psylocke or Angel, they have killed many but when they have done it or they were possessed or they did not have control of themselves ... now, if they had killed or hurt a friend or loved one of yours It would be very difficult for you to forgive them. most of the crimes that some characters have done generally did not directly affect the X-men (eg, Dark Phoenix) Why it is so difficult for the X-men to forgive Scott for Xavier when Jean being possessed by the phoenix killed Thousands? simple, most if not all the X-men had a great respect for Xavier and they loved him (although he has done really questionable things). Jean could forgive Emma in the past, they could even have become friends but today and after she not only robbed her husband but took every opportunity to insult her. not this is no longer a crime that can easily be forgiven, this is something personal.
    Emma Frost insults everyone. No big deal there. Actually Jean by the time she died had moved on from her relationship with Scott and actually told him to live. And Cyclops is dead, but she said goodbye to him.

Ghost Jean had no real problems with Emma and Emma had no real problems with ghost Jean.

Here is why I would not mind Emma and Jean redefining their adult relationship. This is the 21st century. Cyclops was emotionally damaged. He left Jean. He ended up not being able to forgive Emma for her possibly Phoenix induced affair with Namor. Both women had broken relationships with a DEAD man. While they don't have to be friends, there's just no reason for either of them to have a beef with each other.

Jean Grey is far more concerned about making amends for D'Bari that holding any sort of grudge with Emma Frost. In fact when Emma was shot by Esme, after Jean had flipped out on Emma and basically ripped her apart, Jean put Emma back together, quite literally.

Obviously Jean isn't some pretty, archetypical scorned woman. It's interesting to see both women now as leaders, Jean is leading her own group of X-Men and Emma is now the Black King of the Hellfire Club. Xavier had a complex friends/adversarial relationship with Magneto, there's no reason why Emma and Jean cannot. We saw something of that in Jean Grey with Ghost Jean and Emma Frost.