Page 2 of 324 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Evolution Jean using her powers for practical reasons

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

This is absolutely gorgeous! I've seen it floating around the net for a bit now, and I'm glad someone finally posted it.

BANNED

I want to see Jean kick Cassandra's butt! Cassie's been running around scared of Jean, I want Jean to show her there's something for her to fear.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I want to see Jean kick Cassandra's butt! Cassie's been running around scared of Jean, I want Jean to show her there's something for her to fear.
    At first I thought this as well but Nova has been beaten before and she’s come back and still up to her old ways. Jean needs to take another approach. She needs to find another way to touch Nova in a way that that plants a seed of doubt about what she has been doing. Funny if Jean reversed Nova’s tech and used it against her.
    Last edited by 5cents; 08-06-2018 at 03:22 PM.
    First X-Lady

Double post
    First X-Lady

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    X-Men Evolution and the early X-men films got me to love Jean which basically made me fall in love with the X-men in general. I remember when X3 came out I was so sad to see Jean turn evil and then killed off. This was before I learned of the Phoenix story lines. I wasn't big on comics till my high school years so the X-films and Evolution was all I had to really know the X-men. When MvC3 came out Phoenix was my number one pick in that game. That's when I really learned more about the Phoenix and Jean.

High school was when I really started to read comics. This was around the Marvel Now and New 52 relaunches so Jean was dead but I read the X-men comics from Claremont's run, Morrison's run and then Whedon's run. I got to learn so much about the X-men and mainly Jean. My love grew more ever since.

I don't know what made me love Jean from the beginning. I loved female characters probably more than male characters (except when it came to Spidey, Wolverine and Batman) when I was younger and Jean just stood out. Storm, Rogue and the other females were cool and I liked them but not as much as Jean.

OMG bitch sameeeee except I love Storm more than Jean right now compared to when I was in middle school and was reading All New X-men where I fell in LOVE with Jeen

BANNED

*insert X-men emoji*

Fantastic Member

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...act=mrc&uact=8

Wow, miss a day miss a lot. One thing that's becoming more clear about Jean, is that she possesses a wonderful level of sass. I think there is a BIG difference between Snark and Sass. Snark is more common, sass is more witty, if that makes any sense.

The way she introduced herself to Grifter in the above image, that's pure Jean IMO. I re-read that X-Men/WildC.a.t.s crossover and I also recently read Eve of Destruction. There was one character who would relentlessly flirt with Jean, though she made it clear she was in now way interested. Memorable Gems include:

Paulie: Your voice is inside my head?
    Jean: That would explain the echo.

And later on the blackbird, when he invites Jean to slip in the back and renew Mile High Club Membership, she telepathically projects herself as being greyhaired, sumo wrestler enormous and basically says anytime he's ready. LOL. I can't picture another character in comics being able to have fun like that. I know she's a leader now and doesn't have the luxury of pranks and jokes, and I in all honesty, would rather see pathos and more reaction to the loss of her family, but i hope eventually, she's able to get back to the kind of humor that only she has.
    Last edited by PowerPlay25; 08-06-2018 at 05:05 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    At first I thought this as well but Nova has been beaten before and she’s come back and still up to her old ways. Jean needs to take another approach. She needs to find another way to touch Nova in a way that that plants a seed of doubt about what she has been doing. Funny if Jean reversed Nova’s tech and used it against her.
    She was trapped in Stuff last time, and the seed of doubt didn’t last. Ernst was actually a reprogrammed Cassandra. Not sure if that is still true.

She was trapped in Stuff last time, and the seed of doubt didn’t last. Ernst was actually a reprogrammed Cassandra. Not sure if that is still true.
    That was retconned in Whedon's run. Ernst is her own original character

That was retconned in Whedon's run. Ernst is her own original character

I really like this doodle-sketch of Jean Grey by Bruno Arauto from the unreleased Phoenix movie. The costume is simple but modern, and is very much something a non Phoenix Jean Grey would wear. The only thing I would add are her sig. Morrison era X boots. I love the details on the jacket and pants!

Why is the forum lagging? Does it need to be rebooted?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    I really like this doodle-sketch of Jean Grey by Bruno Arauto from the unreleased Phoenix movie. The costume is simple but modern, and is very much something a non Phoenix Jean Grey would wear. The only thing I would add are her sig. Morrison era X boots. I love the details on the jacket and pants!

Why is the forum lagging? Does it need to be rebooted?
    I think it's just ok. I think that while they may be seen as somewhat similar, NXM's Jean is still much better. It felt more like a "casual" outfit rather than full on superhero costume, while this one kinda feels more like a very basic superhero uniform? I like the X on the chest thing, but Jeen's current outfit does it much better imo.