Page 208 of 324 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258308 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 4846
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Ok, thanks. Sometimes i can't tell if someone is trolling on english.
    Sarcasm and irony are very often lost in translation. I don't blame you, for real.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

In all seriousness. How long was Jean dead inside the Marvel universe?
    She died before Danielle Cage was born so probably 3 - 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan D. White View Post
    Just popped by to see if folks here have a sense of humor.
    Lmfao, I'm dying

Mighty Member

Ok, thanks. Sometimes i can't tell if someone is trolling on english.
    I often wonder if a lot of the angst on these boards comes from things like tone, sarcasm, and different cultural values getting scrambled in translation.

Out of curiosity, what is your first language?

In all seriousness. How long was Jean dead inside the Marvel universe?
    It's best not to specify in hard numbers because the longer the comics run, the more you have to retcon the length of time.

Mighty Member

It's best not to specify in hard numbers because the longer the comics run, the more you have to retcon the length of time.
    Soooo, when is Scott Summers returning ?
    Please no ukulele vids
    Last edited by Abbz_A; 11-09-2018 at 09:10 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Ok, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    I often wonder if a lot of the angst on these boards comes from things like tone, sarcasm, and different cultural values getting scrambled in translation.

Out of curiosity, what is your first language?
    Check your private messages

It seems to me, Jean's resurrection hasn't held the kind of emotional weight I would have thought. And if she has been gone for years, she and her closest friends should have made a WAY bigger deal about her return. It feels too matter-of-fact. I know she's died and come back before, but still...

I posted this on another thread too.

I realize we don't see EVERY moment of the X-Men's lives, but I would have liked to have seen Jean's return unfold a little slower and be more meaningfully.

Can anyone point to an issue where the reaction to her resurrection had more gravitas??

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stwaz View Post
    It seems to me, Jean's resurrection hasn't held the kind of emotional weight I would have thought. And if she has been gone for years, she and her closest friends should have made a WAY bigger deal about her return. It feels too matter-of-fact. I know she's died and come back before, but still...

I realize we don't see EVERY moment of the X-Men's lives, but I would have liked to have seen Jean's return unfold a little slower and be more meaningfully.

Can anyone point to an issue where the reaction to her resurrection had more gravitas??

The Red Annual was the closest and only thing we will probably get.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 11-09-2018 at 11:33 AM.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Jordan White wasn't trolling. He was being funny/cute. If you follow him on Twitter or read his interviews or watch his ukulele videos, you will see that he has a nice personality and a good sense of humor. His thread on twitter about all the stuff that happened during the "week" Jean was dead was joking/playful teasing (and was funny how he compressed it all into a week) and not trolling. Trolling is when people say ridiculous things, but insist they are being serious (imo) and/or start trouble/arguments just for the heck of it. It is different from playful teasing.

Plus he likes Jean, so lets not be mean to the creators and editors who actually like her!

And Jordan while you are here, please please please help Jean get a new costume and maybe some low-level Phoenix imagery (like she had during Revolution or Rachel had during Reload). It adds a lot to her iconic imagery and makes her more visually compelling and she doesn't have to have the Force to do it. I mean if Betsy can have her butterfly, Jean should be able to have her bird! It doesn't even have to be a Phoenix. It can be another bird! Maybe a psychic Bird of Paradise or a Penguin! Any bird, just pick a bird!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by stwaz View Post

Heeey!

I actually agree with u. Jeans resurrection was rushed n it was underwhelming unfortunately.
    We’ve been waiting for 15 years n we got PR. Yikes.

I also don’t recall a proper emotional welcoming.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Jordan White wasn't trolling. He was being funny/cute. If you follow him on Twitter or read his interviews or watch his ukulele videos, you will see that he has a nice personality and a good sense of humor. His thread on twitter about all the stuff that happened during the "week" Jean was dead was joking/playful teasing (and was funny how he compressed it all into a week) and not trolling. Trolling is when people say ridiculous things, but insist they are being serious (imo) and/or start trouble/arguments just for the heck of it. It is different from playful teasing.

Plus he likes Jean, so lets not be mean to the creators and editors who actually like her!

And Jordan while you are here, please please please help Jean get a new costume and maybe some low-level Phoenix imagery (like she had during Revolution or Rachel had during Reload). It adds a lot to her iconic imagery and makes her more visually compelling and she doesn't have to have the Force to do it. I mean if Betsy can have her butterfly, Jean should be able to have her bird! It doesn't even have to be a Phoenix. It can be another bird! Maybe a psychic Bird of Paradise or a Penguin! Any bird, just pick a bird!
    Lol my apologies, didn’t mean to offend anyone.

But Marvel has been trolling fans for a very long time time. I’m not sure when it’s a joke or seriousness anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    Heeey!

I actually agree with u. Jeans resurrection was rushed n it was underwhelming unfortunately.
    We’ve been waiting for 15 years n we got PR. Yikes.

I also don’t recall a proper emotional welcoming.
    I'm re-reading Phoenix Resurrection, just to see if I missed something.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

I wish Jean had gotten a heroic moment as the Phoenix in Phoenix Resurrection.

It kills me that Hope was the Phoenix character that got to restart the mutant race (and in Jean's White Phoenix identity to boot), while Jean simply gives the Phoenix a stern talking to and forcefully renounces her special destiny altogether. Considering Jean was the original Phoenix avatar before all the crazy retcons, they should have allowed the White Phoenix of the Crown identity/status to remain unique and special to Jean. She should be allowed to have some part of the Phoenix mythos that is completely unique to her. She should do the major Phoenix Work on Earth or in the 616, imho. They could have made her a part time or occasional Phoenix avatar without making her renounce it completely.

And they still over-emphasize Dark Phoenix and forget that she healed the M'Kraan Crystal and saved the universe or the times she appeared as White Phoenix and saved the X-Men (Endsong) or the universe (HCT) or convened with cosmic forces (Classic 43, X-Men Forever 3).

I hate that PR used the cosmic trickster version of the Phoenix Force that Bryne and Davis used rather than the force of creation that Claremont and Morrison used. What happened to the Phoenix that burned away lies and self-deception? The Phoenix in PR was a manipulative predator that was deceiving Jean rather than an expression of her ultimate potential and/or a special destiny to create/heal (sometimes destroy) in the universe.
    Last edited by PhoenixStudies; 11-09-2018 at 01:02 PM.

I saw this on Stephanie Hans' Instagram stories. She says she's got something with Jean going on. It could just be a cover, but I love her artwork, so I'm excited.
    Screenshot_20181109-110432.jpg