Page 229 of 324 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 4846

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    I know that many are afraid of Scott coming back to overshadow Jean and there's good reason for that. I'm just going to remain hopeful in that in this day and age of promoting diversity, Jean will continue to stand on her own and won't immediately be saddled back with Scott. She should develop on her own and make a couple of mistakes along the way before they reunite. Jean deserves this time right now to redefine herself not only regarding her identity, but romantically as well. With a non X-man of course.
    Marvel has been very shy of diversity since Cebulski took over.

Sure I agree with the opinion, but I don't think Marvel is going there. Since Phoenix Ressurrection Marvel is pretty firm where they want Jean. They have been failing Jean a lot and they aren't half way of paying it off

For Jean date outside x-men:
    the group editor and writer of x-men books have to free her
    Be part of a a avengers or guardians of the galaxy
    Hope for a writer that will fight and have problems with x-office to use Jean

Kitty dating star-lord only happened because Bendis was wrting both books and was big name enough to cut out Kitty from x-men

Basically impossible for now.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I LOVED that game...bitch could fly and not a hair out of place
    Pretty sure she has magic hair. I see no other explanation for those weaves maintaining their form.

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Oh, how I would cheat with the Game Genie and be able to fly outright through the whole game.

And I was so upset when I realize the Princess in Super Mario Land for Game Boy, Daisy, was a different Princess. I used to call her Princess Daisy Toadstool. I always hated the name Peach. (It didn't help that the movie called her Daisy as well.)
    Ah yes, the great Peach vs. Daisy debate. I was quite surprised how...intense that one gets.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    What kind of mistakes do you think Jean could make?

she is a very stable and healthy person. I don't see her holding grudges or fighting other superheroes for dumb drama (which sadly ha sbeen the story ofthe x-men for far too long)
    In her current context? I could see her struggling with being a central leader of the X-Men when her natural inclination is to be the team mom (cue a montage of Jean hugs).

Being a leader in any setting often requires a certain amount of separateness which makes it a lonely position. We've seen Scott in particular struggle with that. But for Jean in the current Uncanny arc there's an opportunity to explore that as with Kitty being gone Jean and Ororo are in a prime position to support and co-lead together.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Haven't really thought too much into the possible mistakes (maybe leadership-wise? Dating?), but it could work to show that even the mighty Mrs. Grey-Summers can screw up like the rest of the peons.
    That would be cool. Sometimes it irks me when people treat Jean like a mary sue. i want her to have problems and struggle but i don't want to see her broken by them like what happened with Scott, Emma or even Storm.

I mean being a leader is difficult but guys like Cap can do it without going crazy.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 11-16-2018 at 12:50 PM.

Also thanks to everyone who answered the flying question

I think its because Scott got a lot of focus for the last decade. Jean was abscent from that time and some people want the same level of focus on Jean which is fair but that can happen with or without Scott.
    She cant get it with Scott. I doubt writers and editors want fans complaining that Scott is getting less focus because of Jean.
    He was barely 3 years death. He usnt back to be a treated as C-list

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    She cant get it with Scott. I doubt writers and editors want fans complaining that Scott is getting less focus because of Jean.
    I try to be optimistic. Jean was more important than Scott with the teen versions i think marvel will follow that trend. besides they aren't in the same book. logan and scott are doing their own thing. (they both will have to interact with her though, probably a lot but i like them)

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean was never treated as C-List though? She continued to appear in comics either in elseworlds, from the WHR, or what have you the entire time she was dead. Her presence was a huge part of the X-Men's story the entire time that she was dead. She was meant to be brought back as early as Messiah Complex, according to Peter David, but they went another direction. She's appeared in more cartoons than most other X-Men (being one of TWO X-Characters to appear in that Iron Man animated series, for instance), was the focus of X-Men Season One, and was among the X-Men that continued to appear in video games after her death, despite her death, because of her popularity including XML2, MUA, MUA2, Marvel Heroes, and mobile games, etc. She was also part of the focus of two films, and a large part of Wolverine and the X-Men's plot, and was going to be given an even larger role in the second season.

Jean was ALWAYS treated as an A-Lister despite her death. ALWAYS.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I try to be optimistic. Jean was more important than Scott with the teen versions i think marvel will follow that trend. besides they aren't in the same book. logan and scott are doing their own thing. (they both will have to interact with her though, probably a lot but i like them)
    the objective of teen versions was to be different. Also subvert expectations and make people care for Jean on her own.
    She was the one that carried the most bagage, so she being the protagonist was to be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    More than anything, DOR and spirit just hate Scott and Jott. Not that they don't have a point, I do think Jean deserves some time being developed alone, and Scott return is probably gonna hurt that, but it's overblown because of that.
    Jean was 14 years dead, then when she comes back she will have 1 year by her own and 10 issues being the leader of x-men.

just for the fact that editors couldnt even keep Scott dead mote than 1 year since Jean is back but could keep Jean death for 14 years tell a lot about Marvel priorities.
    many dont want to admit that, but it is right hete on everyone faces

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Jean was never treated as C-List though? She continued to appear in comics either in elseworlds, from the WHR, or what have you the entire time she was dead. Her presence was a huge part of the X-Men's story the entire time that she was dead. She was meant to be brought back as early as Messiah Complex, according to Peter David, but they went another direction. She's appeared in more cartoons than most other X-Men (being one of TWO X-Characters to appear in that Iron Man animated series, for instance), was the focus of X-Men Season One, and was among the X-Men that continued to appear in video games after her death, despite her death, because of her popularity including XML2, MUA, MUA2, Marvel Heroes, and mobile games, etc. She was also part of the focus of two films, and a large part of Wolverine and the X-Men's plot, and was going to be given an even larger role in the second season.

Agreed. The notion that Jean has ever been considered a C-lister is laughable. The likes of Frenzy, Magma, Doug Ramsey and Cerise would be considered C-listers. Jean has never been down to their level. She's always been a top tier X-character with or without Scott. Dead or alive

There are certain people on Marvel who have always wanted Jean dead, forever. It sucks but is the true and yeah she was dead for so long but she is alive now. it doesn't erase what went wrong but her being alive right now is what matters.

BANNED

The O5 & ANAD X teams are A list it's once the franchise started to expand where you got more C list characters. Even Kitty as much as she's used comes off as very much a "cousin Oliver" of the Xmen. Shoot Jubilee always seemed to have more credibility to me than Kitty who just seemed to never mentally grow up.

Jean is the backbone to the X-franchise. I think she has more "alt." version characters than Wolverine.

Jean is a very important piece of the X-books. the fact that Marvel has tried so hard to kill her, for long and she keeps coming back and is always topic of discussion proves this.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    The O5 & ANAD X teams are A list it's once the franchise started to expand where you got more C list characters. Even Kitty as much as she's used comes off as very much a "cousin Oliver" of the Xmen. Shoot Jubilee always seemed to have more credibility to me than Kitty who just seemed to never mentally grow up.

Jean is the backbone to the X-franchise. I think she has more "alt." version characters than Wolverine.
    Just sticking with versions that have been apart of 616

Jean has:
    Maddie
    Rachel
    Goblyn Queen
    Teen Jean

Wolverine has:
    OML
    X-23
    Gabby
    Daken
    Raze
    Jimmy Hudson

I think Wolverine definitely has more

BANNED

Jean is a very important piece of the X-books. the fact that Marvel has tried so hard to kill her, for long and she keeps coming back and is always topic of discussion proves this.
    They just need to stop killing off characters. It makes more sense for them to just say "i quit" and leave the group for awhile...because that actually happens in life.

There should be consequences to stories, but there are other ways to show that rather than killing someone

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Just sticking with versions that have been apart of 616

Jean has:
    Maddie
    Rachel
    Goblyn Queen
    Teen Jean

Wolverine has:
    OML
    X-23
    Gabby
    Daken
    Raze
    Jimmy Hudson

I think Wolverine definitely has more
    Hope (which was a HUGE troll effort from Marvel)

If you're going to bring Raze we can bring in AoA Jean. She was in that Warren/Apoc storyline.

Point being when she's killed off Marvel brings in all these "others" that look like her and have powers like her to fill the void thinking it'll satisfy fan's desire for her and it just makes it worse.
    Last edited by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost; 11-16-2018 at 01:20 PM.

I'm only talking about comics. Jean is very well know because of movies and cartoons.
    I cant really remember many A-lists dead for more than a decade.