Page 236 of 324 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 4846
    Fantastic Member

Scott isnt a follower, he has always lead.
    I dont really remember Scott let other people co-lead with him. When Rogue tried to lead, he expelled her from Utopia
    Hmph, so Scott is back. Well, we'll see if his return (and Emma Frost, who will doubtless follow around until he takes her back) make X-Men the sales bonanza it once was.

I myself, don't mind if they put Scott back as overall leader of the X-Men, though I do not want his co-leader to be his hench wench Emma. I'd rather 2nd in command go to Storm or maybe Logan, if the writers are building a new dynamic between them.

In relation to Jean, I feel leadership is a consuming responsibility and can be a hinderance from a story telling perspective (it doesn't have to be, but it can). I want Jean to be a prominent member of the cast, but if she's not Leader, I'd like to see her have side adventures throughout the Marvel Universe. It's been fun to see her interact with Tony Stark, Steve Rogers and Black Panther. There are many characters across the Marvel U that are dynamic and interesting, far more then the majority of over-hyped X-Characters.
    Last edited by PowerPlay25; 11-17-2018 at 08:05 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Well thats a personal issue and people need to grow thicker skin. I didnt see the original comment but one that compalined about it said that she said she liked teen Scott better, not that he was a better character. I dont see the issue. It would be a different story if the post was that "I like teen Scott better bc the adult sucks." I like Ultimate Dazzler better than 616 but no way do I think she is a better character.
    That's kinda thing(villain) she kept saying every few days.Then there's some new users jump right on.
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 11-17-2018 at 08:08 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    In relation to Jean, I feel leadership is a consuming responsibility and can be a hinderance from a story telling perspective (it doesn't have to be, but it can). I want Jean to be a prominent member of the cast, but if she's not Leader, I'd like to see her have side adventures throughout the Marvel Universe. It's been fun to see her interact with Tony Stark, Steve Rogers and Black Panther. There are many characters across the Marvel U that are dynamic and interesting, far more then the majority of over-hyped X-Characters.
    I'm pretty sure Jean is going to lead for a long time. Sure sooner or later everybody takes a back seat, it happened with Ororo and Scott but Jean's place seems safe for the foresable future.

BANNED

Reason #833672626255262727282828 why they should let Jean finally be her own separate character.

All of yall would go do this in Emma's or Maria Hill's or whoever's thread.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    That's kinda thing(villain) she kept saying every few days.Then there's some new users jump right on.
    Since I didnt see the original comment, I'll give you that. Hopefully we can move on (at least until it happens again, which Im sure it will)
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-17-2018 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    Hmph, so Scott is back. Well, we'll see if his return (and Emma Frost, who will doubtless follow around until he takes her back) make X-Men the sales bonanza it once was.

I myself, don't mind if they put Scott back as overall leader of the X-Men, though I do not want his co-leader to be his hench wench Emma. I'd rather 2nd in command go to Storm or maybe Logan, if the writers are building a new dynamic between them.

Emma isnt with X-men, she is the black king of hellfire club.
    it is fair to assume that she wont be by his side on the future.

it was good to see Jeen have some adventures on marvel universe, like doctor strange and thor. I really would like to see more of it with adult Jean

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Speaking of different versions of a character...
    what is yout favorite and least favorite versions of Jean?

My favorite is our current Adult Jean for the moment. She is compassionate and kind but strong (well, all the jeans are like that but is in contrast to jeen, that adult jean's maturity feels better). It has the few bits i liked about Morrison's Jean but not the drama or problems. A little too perfect for some people but i love her.

My least favorite Jean was the one from the 90's (she was not bad, just the least awesome)
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 11-17-2018 at 09:02 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post

My favorite is our current Adult Jean for the moment. She is compassionate and kind but strong (well, all the jeans are like that but in contrast to jeen, adult jean's maturity makes it better). It has the few bits i liked about Morrison's Jean but not the drama or problems. A little too perfect for some people but i love her.

My least favorite Jean was the one from the 90's (she was not bad, just the least awesome)
    Loved 90s Jean. IMO, kind, compassionate, strong and mature are all adjectives that could be used to describe her. And I'd sure as hell take her over Morrison's version.

Haven't read this Jean, but I did see a page with her and Nova. Jean talking about empathy and it not being a weakness. Saw that page and thought, THAT'S Jean Grey. At least how I see her.
    Last edited by lancer; 11-17-2018 at 09:06 AM.

BANNED

My favorite is our current Adult Jean for the moment. She is compassionate and kind but strong (well, all the jeans are like that but is in contrast to jeen, that adult jean's maturity feels better). It has the few bits i liked about Morrison's Jean but not the drama or problems. A little too perfect for some people but i love her.

Morrison's and Simonson's are my favorites, basically tied for it. She was interesting, flawed and I enjoyed her relationship with the Phoenix Force in Morrison's New X-Men. She was pretty much his run's main star. I really appreciate how he wrote her, even if he destroyed her marriage with Scott.

Edit: Forgot to add, but I don't think I have a least favorite version. You could say Silver Age, but then again it's more that she pales compared to further iterations. Not exactly a dislike.
    Last edited by PrezValentine; 11-17-2018 at 09:24 AM.

BANNED

One of the greatest ironies of comics is Morrison Jean.

She was strong. Emotionally vulnerable because of what was happening around her, but strong. And poised. And fiery. And seemingly being keyed up for a great new status quo and untold, unrehashed stories. The best Jean. Morrison was positioning Jean to do big, new things. She made a great personal sacrifice (before the death) and was headed for a new direction, stronger and bolder than ever.

But then Morrison was like:

"Nah."

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    One of the greatest ironies of comics is Morrison Jean.

She was strong. Emotionally vulnerable because of what was happening around her, but strong. And poised. And fiery. And seemingly being keyed up for a great new status quo and untold, unrehashed stories. The best Jean. Morrison was positioning Jean to do big, new things. She made a great personal sacrifice (before the death) and was headed for a new direction, stronger and bolder than ever.

But then Morrison was like:

"Nah."
    This kills me everytime. Morrison did well with Jean.
    then he wanted her death because that was her true faith on DPS

I would say that my favorite is the current one? Maybe, she is more or less like the previous Jean's just showing her true power. So that's fine with me.

The least favorite? Jeen at first, reading the minds of all and manipulating them mentally to do what she wanted ... that was detestable. (with time she changed) Maybe Jean ultimate, also had the habit of invading minds of others even though I do not remember she manipulating anyone mentally, I still have to read a bit more the Ultimate to have a better opinion of her.

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    Loved 90s Jean. IMO, kind, compassionate, strong and mature are all adjectives that could be used to describe her. And I'd sure as hell take her over Morrison's version.

Haven't read this Jean, but I did see a page with her and Nova. Jean talking about empathy and it not being a weakness. Saw that page and thought, THAT'S Jean Grey. At least how I see her.
    According to these things, that makes a character is great for me, not how powerful he/she is or the amount of feats that can be achieved.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post

According to these things, that makes a character is great for me, not how powerful he/she is or the amount of feats that can be achieved.
    Same here. Don't misunderstand, I want her powerful, like her powerful. Uber powerful, though? No. If she can beat Stryfe by herself, what is the rest of the team for? To cheerlead? I think X FACTOR Jean was the most powerful member. 90s Jean, it would only be clearly behind Xavier. I mean among members. Nate Grey was not a team member.

Said before, will say it again. I prefer a grounded, human and emotional Jean. Not uber powerful, larger than life cosmically powerful. My Jean is the one with Jubilee at the end of UXM 303. Flaws? I'm not looking for them. Those are not what made Jean Grey my favorite X Woman. These are superHERO comics afterall. That Jean would be this really good person would never be off-putting
    to me. That doesn't mean she need be perfect. She has doubts, fears, insecurities. In my mind, though, that is not the same thing as flawed. Certainly not the same thing as morally flawed.

I found Morrison's Jean emotionally cold on several occasions. Well, maybe not cold. An example in PLANET X. She is getting ready to leave, to go after Wolverine on Asteroid M. Goodbye Charles, I'm going away now. She might not see him again and those are her potential last words to a man who was like a father to her? Again, cold is too strong. Maybe more emotionally distant. Not the emotional warmth I'd expect from Jean.

In the Shiar arc where they finally defeat Nova, to Scott. You're my favorite superhero Scott. That is now what I see Jean saying to Scott in a situation like. Nor do I see her calling him her best friend when she is about to die.

Well, in general, I found Morrison's X Men emotionally cold. Pretty much what Peter Sanderson said when he reviewed it years ago,

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

There's almost always been multiple X-men teams for nearly 30 years. He co-led the X-men alongside Storm for the bulk of the 90s until he got injured. He co-led with Nightcrawler, Angel, Havok and Storm and Rogue in the pre-SF era. He's only been a solo force in the more recent years since the X-men split and he didnt have many under his thumb

Unless there is only one book after the dust settled, it makes sense for there to be multiple teams. Jean and Scott can both lead their own
    I think that Scott got really spoiled leading x-men alone for such long time;

I really don't want Jean and Cyclops on same team, Jean should get on her own for some time just like Scott had the chance

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    yes. I like Tyke, at least he got some space for Jeen to breathe

Scott isnt a follower, he has always lead.
    I dont really remember Scott let other people co-lead with him. When Rogue tried to lead, he expelled her from Utopia
    Teen Cyclops actually deferred to Ms Marvel in Champions, Jean in Bendis's All-New X-Men and X-Men Blue, and Beast in Hopeless's All-New X-Men, for exactly this reason. He hoped to avoid repeating his older self's mistakes.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman