Page 242 of 324 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 4846

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    ...jean and lorna were good friends?

In my defense, I've barely read anything before 2000, and Jean's been dead for most of that time period.
    Lorna is the second female to join the X-men. She joined in the late 60s. They were the first two females to interact and both were attracted to the Summers boys. I bet they had some interesting conversations...

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Lorna is the second female to join the X-men. She joined in the late 60s. They were the first two females to interact and both were attracted to the Summers boys. I bet they had some interesting conversations...
    To be fair, Lorna didn't stay on with the main team very long. I mean, pretty much as soon as she was introduced, she left again. Her and Alex stayed back when the main team went on adventures, and they only reunited in time for that final big mission against the Z'Nox. I guess it could be argued they had further adventures between then and Giant Sized since they were both Jean and Lorna were taken captive by Krakoa, but their on-panel relationship back in the day is verrry sparse.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    To be fair, Lorna didn't stay on with the main team very long. I mean, pretty much as soon as she was introduced, she left again. Her and Alex stayed back when the main team went on adventures, and they only reunited in time for that final big mission against the Z'Nox. I guess it could be argued they had further adventures between then and Giant Sized since they were both Jean and Lorna were taken captive by Krakoa, but their on-panel relationship back in the day is verrry sparse.
    Lorna never left the team until Claremont took over post-GSX. She didnt join in her first appearance. She became an official X-man after Alex was introduced and was with them for quite some time. The problem is the book was cancelled so her time as an X-man was primarily seen in Hidden Years, appearances the X-men did during that break and off panel.

They were shown as good friends after the X-men were presumed dead and both were on Muir Island pre-DPS. There wasnt a whole lot after that but their friendship was later acknwoledged in the 90s in an Unlimited issue featuring the two and the Summers brothers. Morrison acknowledged it. Austen acknowledged in his run when Lorna was brought back into the fold and Jean was her maid of honor at her wedding. Brubaker had Lorna lamenting about missing Jean after her death. She didnt have a signficant role but Lorna was one of the few allowed to express emotion in PR when Jean returned. She was visibly shaken up at the return of her friend. I wish more would be done but I think there's been enough evidence throughout the years to establish them as good friends even if it wasnt nearly enough

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

February solicitations don't seem very interesting regarding Jean.
    This age of X-man at the moment feels meaningless, I hope i'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Seems like a House of M rehash, down to Wolverine being part of the rescue crew and everything. February solicitations don't really read interesting on ANY level, tbh.

this is all very boring with no excitement on sight, cant wait to read the next 10 months of comics with Jean fainting and failing to scan her surrounding with tp..... nah!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

But their closeness was indicated in xmen 125, and didnt they fight in the muir Island d Saga? And inthink fir a short timevtigether wgen Hean had thise tentackes (i know, not a good time). They had interactions when Lorna went ‘mad” as well. In many wats Lorna has been out through the ringer more than many other mainstay characters.

Im not sure how i feel about all this reality warping stuff. Often there us just acreset at the end with no real lomgterm effects, but that may suit todays way of stiry telling anyway. Im pribsbky one of the few that dudnt dnjoy the original Age if Apocalypse. It was okay, bit insyead of being a lreal” eventbit just gets moved to a oarallel universe, another Earth. If it doesnt affecr mainstram universe krvour cgaracterks im nit reasky invested in the characters or story. They are just ober egged ‘what If” stiories.
    Last edited by Portsian; 11-20-2018 at 03:07 PM.

It will be long 5 months. I don't mind Aus if they: don't stop the actual timelines for entire 5 months

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

The Summers Family: Astonishingly ridiculed taste in headgear.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/stat...18155981041670

Scott and Logan won't be the only ones, either.
    Given that Rogue, Gambit and X-Force aren't in the Age of X, it's reasonable to assume that there will be other mutants that avoid being pulled into the Age of X. Emma Frost, Magik, Sunspot, Mystique, Banshee, Havok, Frenzy, Sunfire and the rest of Magnetos Brotherhood aren't in any of the splinter titles AFAIK, which means they're likely still in the prime reality and might be involved in Rosenbergs Uncanny in some capacity

Jean had some nice moments in today's issue of Uncanny X-men #2. She always finds a way to smile and become more endearing. It's a beautiful thing.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Jean had some nice moments in today's issue of Uncanny X-men #2. She always finds a way to smile and become more endearing. It's a beautiful thing.
    X-Men are not supposed to smile. Quick, kill another character!

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    The Summers Family: Astonishingly ridiculed taste in headgear.
    Haha, true. I prefer their costumes without anything covering up their heads/hair.

The only headpieces I've ever liked were Lorna's, Ororo's, and Wanda's. Oh and Magneto of course.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Haha, true. I prefer their costumes without anything covering up their heads/hair.

The only headpieces I've ever liked were Lorna's, Ororo's, and Wanda's. Oh and Magneto of course.
    I'm actually fine with Cyke's suit, but a LOT of people on his appreciation thread call it the "condom head".
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Fantastic Member

Its only issue #2 of UXM, and Jean is already asking for Bishop's help to deal with a dinosaur. Not liking this one bit.