Page 25 of 324 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

In Here Comes Tomorrow, Morrison used the concept of the tree of life only for Jean.He thinks that Jean is the Crown.
    ???4.jpg
    ???5.jpg

Then, in the Phoenix endsong, PAK continued the setting of Morrison.
    ???6.jpg

Spectacular Member

But Morrison wrote too little.
    I wonder if Morrison has mentioned more about the white phoenix of the crown.

I don't know too much about that philosophy so I can't really say. I'm sure others here know more.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe she'll actually show up next arc? Namor's the villain for that arc. I think Jean will want a word with her Red teammate!
    I was not aware of that. The new Avengers team has a lot of the modern representations of the pre-historic team the current arc is connected to, but they don't currently have an Iron Fist or Phoenix.

I'm not expecting Jean to become Phoenix any time soon. It would be weird after she outright rejected it not even a year ago (which in Marvel time was probably like two months ago), but I guess we'll see.

Spectacular Member

Thank you, I have another question.

In the 《Phoenix Endsong》, Jean voluntarily admitted that she and Phoenix were ONE.Then she was encouraged by Scott to be a goddess in the white hot room.

In 《AVX》 and later 《What if AVX》, We can know that Jean has been watching her companions.

When Scott became the dark Phoenix, Jean told him not to worry. In UXM Scott's memory, Jean told Scott in the white hot room to tell Wolverine that she liked the name of the school. 《What if AVX》 even showed that if they couldn't control the Phoenix fragment, she would be there to solve everything herself.

However, in the Phoenix resurrection, Jean said she did not want the Phoenix, and that she knew nothing after her death.

I want to know what's going on here.I think jean has become very strange.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PotniaTheron View Post

In the 《Phoenix Endsong》, Jean voluntarily admitted that she and Phoenix were ONE.Then she was encouraged by Scott to be a goddess in the white hot room.

In 《AVX》 and later 《What if AVX》, We can know that Jean has been watching her companions.

When Scott became the dark Phoenix, Jean told him not to worry. In UXM Scott's memory, Jean told Scott in the white hot room to tell Wolverine that she liked the name of the school. 《What if AVX》 even showed that if they couldn't control the Phoenix fragment, she would be there to solve everything herself.

However, in the Phoenix resurrection, Jean said she did not want the Phoenix, and that she knew nothing after her death.

There is nothing going on. Marvel just isn't into continuity.

I remember reading White explain that continuity is not a priority, It's a tool. Stories aren't told for the sake of continuity so more or less it only matters when it serves the story.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-17-2018 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    There is nothing going on. Marvel just isn't into continiuty.

I remember reading White explain that continuity is not a priority, It's a tool. Stories aren't told for the sake of continuity so more or less it only matters when it serves the story.
    Yeah. Endsong's myhtos isnt really canon to current Marvel as that plotline got abandoned and has since been retconned. Its best to just go with whatever Marvel is currently saying about Jean and the Phoenix bc Endsong doesnt fit into the current narrative
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-17-2018 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PotniaTheron View Post

It's a retcon. They had to ignore a lot of continuity to make AVX happen.

Regarding continuity: the Jay and Miles XplaintheX-Men podcast recently did a podcast with the current editor of the X-line Jordan D. White and they discuss continuity and how Marvel approaches it. It's about 30 minutes in or so.

https://www.xplainthexmen.com/2018/0...me-my-x-books/

There are always going to be plotholes when it comes to comics. It's practically impossible to do in a neverending narrative with contributers that change every few years or months. Readers themselves can fill in the gaps. Back in the day, Marvel would give "No-Prizes" to readers who submitted explanations for plotholes in the letters sections.

Concerning Jean having no memory of her time in the White Hot Room and not wanting to be with the Phoenix anymore, I would attribute it to one of 2 things. Being in the White Hot Room is probably like being a god, and there are multiple instances in comics where people who have achieved godhood and then lost it have only fleeting memories of the experience because it's too much for a mortal mind. The other explanation is that she may not have been ready to come back, but the Phoenix resurrected her early anyway because it missed her. Anyway, after being reminded of the pain it caused, Jean decided she and the Phoenix needed a break.

Isn't Jean one with the Phoenix while in the White Hot Room? She wears the white outfit and is the White Hot Phoenix of the Crown. Why was the Phoenix acting independently of Jean in AvX, Jeen's solo, and Resurrection? Again, probably just continuity errors.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Isn't Jean one with the Phoenix while in the White Hot Room? She wears the white outfit and is the White Hot Phoenix of the Crown. Why was the Phoenix acting independently of Jean in AvX, Jeen's solo, and Resurrection? Again, probably just continuity errors.
    Phoenix fragments can be explaination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah. Endsong's myhtos isnt really canon to current Marvel as that plotline got abandoned and has since been retconned. Its best to just go with whatever Marvel is currently saying about Jean and the Phoenix bc Endsong doesnt git into the current narrative
    Marvel news about the history of Jean and Phoenix mentions a lot Endsong though...

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Anything that contradicts Endsong is a win for me. It was an horrible story that was supposed to be the final send off of Jean's character but it was very bad. it was all about Emma and how cool she was and how everybody got over Jean.
    (I'm not trying to attack you or Emma but that's what endsong was all about, i really didn't like it)
    Isnt it inyeresting, I really liked Endsong, I am not a massive Emma fan, but Endson for me was Jean as Phoenix, it showed Emma being an inappropriate Phoenix host. Hell, the Firefky did better than Emma remember!! But Endsong needed to acknowledge where the Xmen were “at” and that included Scott and Emma, that Jean had supposedly pushed together anyway.

I akways love it when we read the same stories but our 8nterpretations are so different!

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Isnt it inyeresting, I really liked Endsong, I am not a massive Emma fan, but Endson for me was Jean as Phoenix, it showed Emma being an inappropriate Phoenix host. Hell, the Firefky did better than Emma remember!! But Endsong needed to acknowledge where the Xmen were “at” and that included Scott and Emma, that Jean had supposedly pushed together anyway.

I akways love it when we read the same stories but our 8nterpretations are so different!
    LMAO the firefly was lowkey the REAL White Phoenix of the Crown all along XD

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Jean's relationship with the PF is unclear both when she's alive and when she's dead. There are clear on panel references to her essentially being one with the PF, her hosting it and also her essentially being it's imprinted personality. Take your pick I suppose. Personally I think the weight of evidence lands with her being an aspect of the PF itself, and WPotC being Jean's ultimate evolution as a being. Certainly that was my assessment prior to Phoenix Resurrection. PR landed very heavily on the side of Jean being a host. Since the most recent canon is usually the one given the most weight, that's likely Marvel's current line.

As for what Phoenix is exactly when it's in the WHR, that's even less clear. All I can say for sure is that it tends to be drawn to look like Jean, with Jean's personality so draw what conclusions you like from that...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Quesada hated the characters that were more positive characters like Storm, Jean, Captain America, the Fantastic Four. That's basically why at one point he put villains in charge of everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    After that Jeen had proven popular for a few years and with X-Men Dark Phoenix coming out Marvel decided to bring back Adult Jean.
    I agree with you that X-Men Dark Phoenix probably had a large hand in why X-editorial agreed to bring back Adult Jean but I wonder if the possibility of the X-Men franchise coming back into the fold of Disney played a part in that and how much. The Disney/Fox merger had been in talks since Iger and Murdoch had a meeting August last year. It moved very fast since Disney made the first sale announcement in mid-December. That means all the negotiations and due diligence - strategy, restructuring, tax, pricing (equity vs. debt), regulations, etc, etc happened in a little over 3 months. That is FAST for a deal this huge. It means that leadership in the various Disney divisions probably knew about the possibility of a merger around September last year.

In any case, I'm hopeful that Jean's future with Disney looks good. Positive heroic characters like Jean, Storm and Captain America that Quesada did not like are what a family friendly company like Disney likes. It's positive heroic characters that are going to get the rides in Disneyland, the toys in the Disney Store and the spotlight in the cartoons. Disney's Parks and Resorts division which is a revenue juggernaut (made them $19 bio last year) is renovating huge chunks of various parks into "supehero sections" with rides, restaurants, gift shops and buildings that are Avengers and Spiderman themed. I don't think it will be long before the X-Men are featured as well and I'm hopeful Jean will get to be a part of all that. There's the added bonus that positive heroic female characters are all the rage now and I think Marvel are going to use the X-Women to capitalize on that.