Page 252 of 324 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 4846
    Fantastic Member

IMO, The Thanksgiving issue where Jean proposed to Scott was one of the X-Men's best character pieces. I kind of miss those day's in hindsight.

BOT. My aversion to Jean and Emma, really Emma as a whole. I feel like everyone is written to prop her up. She's nasty and vindictive, consistently throwing shade and the other X-Women were always written to passively put up with it. Even Jean, in her own mini-series (Young Jean but Whatever), was pretty passive in the face of Emma's sniping. I've never considered ANY of the X-Women shrinking violets but I feel like they are written that way when forced to interact with Ms. Frost (and this is a problem I see when she is written into books I read outside of X-Men as well). It's like characters are tee'd up, just so Emma has a quip to hit out of the park. It's made me really grow to loathe her character.

I'm hoping Jean and she are kept far away from each other.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    Shameless plug, so we can vote for Jean (she's going up agains Ro, so it's a tough one):

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-elite-8-vote/
    the link goes nowhere. Also does Jean have the phoenix?

I think Jean would win with or without it. Both are powerful, both are jobbed but Jean suffers less from this.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 11-22-2018 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    the link goes nowhere. Also does Jean have the phoenix?

I think Jean would win with or without it. Both are powerful, both are jobbed but Jean suffers less from this.
    Here's another try: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-elite-8-vote/

I suppose it's down to a popularity contest by now,and I voted accordingly, LOL. It'd be nice to see an actual all-out fight between Jean and 'Ro, at least in an AU, so that can be settle for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    BOT. My aversion to Jean and Emma, really Emma as a whole. I feel like everyone is written to prop her up. She's nasty and vindictive, consistently throwing shade and the other X-Women were always written to passively put up with it. Even Jean, in her own mini-series (Young Jean but Whatever), was pretty passive in the face of Emma's sniping. I've never considered ANY of the X-Women shrinking violets but I feel like they are written that way when forced to interact with Ms. Frost (and this is a problem I see when she is written into books I read outside of X-Men as well). It's like characters are tee'd up, just so Emma has a quip to hit out of the park. It's made me really grow to loathe her character.
    THIS. So much this. Also, that characterization began with Morrison (who also suddenly de-aged, hypersexualized [after Gen X toned that part down] and British-ized her out of the blue), so that's another bone to pick with his run for me. It's annoying how everybody just takes it like it's normal, I wish someone would at least mock her clearly cagey and insecure behavior, but since she was on a pedestal all these years, that was never gonna happen.

Uncanny X-Men #3

Return of Wolverine #3
    First X-Lady

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Bet that the X-Men fight Logan and it ends up being Jean who stops the battle when she realizes that Logan is working AGAINST Soitera.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Uncanny X-Men #3

Return of Wolverine #3
    I forgot this book was happening. Urgh, wolverines return was handled terribly. Thank God we didn't have to follow 4 different 4 issueminiseries for months, and then read another 5 Issue mini after that, that stretch over a year, to get Jean back, all of this having almost zero appearances of Jean.

Really gives you perspective, 5 issues where Jean doesn't really do anything until the last issue, or 5 miniseries where Logan doesn't appear until the last one. Urgh.

Anyways, I'm guessing Logan decides not to follow them back home and the X-men decide not to help him with his quest or whatever.

Also, I wonder who they will show as his old flame. Storm actually had an emotionally close and sexual relationship with Logan, while Jean was the unrequited love, I don't wonder who will be used to connect and get through to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    I forgot this book was happening. Urgh, wolverines return was handled terribly. Thank God we didn't have to follow 4 different 4 issueminiseries for months, and then read another 5 Issue mini after that, that stretch over a year, to get Jean back, all of this having almost zero appearances of Jean.

Really gives you perspective, 5 issues where Jean doesn't really do anything until the last issue, or 5 miniseries where Logan doesn't appear until the last one. Urgh.

Anyways, I'm guessing Logan decides not to follow them back home and the X-men decide not to help him with his quest or whatever.

Also, I wonder who they will show as his old flame. Storm actually had an emotionally close and sexual relationship with Logan, while Jean was the unrequited love, I don't wonder who will be used to connect and get through to him.
    Seriously, the amount of minis is ridiculous and the fact that they neither show the titular character that often nor lead to anything of impact is laughable. Someone needs to gets their ideas and timing better, because it's really not working.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    from Uncanny 308
    probably the most iconic Thanksgiving on the X-men story
    also the issue were Jean and Scott engaged.
    Thanks for posting. Love that issue! This is one of the issues that I always end up recommending to anyone who believes this ship was nothing more than a teenage crush that went on too long.

When is the next Extermination out?

Dies Wolvie the return crap take place after uncanny xnen run? Cis Kitty is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    When is the next Extermination out?

Dies Wolvie the return crap take place after uncanny xnen run? Cis Kitty is there.
    December 19 i think. it was supposed to come out next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post

Storm is dating Black Panther, I don't think they can go that mcuh into that way

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    THIS. So much this. Also, that characterization began with Morrison (who also suddenly de-aged, hypersexualized [after Gen X toned that part down] and British-ized her out of the blue), so that's another bone to pick with his run for me. It's annoying how everybody just takes it like it's normal, I wish someone would at least mock her clearly cagey and insecure behavior, but since she was on a pedestal all these years, that was never gonna happen.
    Character development could be nice, but it is hard when everyone thing it is ok.
    Generation X Emma was a lot better
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-22-2018 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    This is what I was trying to remember. She is one of the few female characters Claremont didn't hint on bisexuality

You got to date a redhead, thumbs up
    Thanks!

As for the previews, looks good! I'm ok with Jean leading it's refreshing honestly.
    Last edited by Drey; 11-22-2018 at 10:12 PM.

I love both Storm and Wolverine but they felt like fuckbuddies to me, they were two beautiful people working together and having fun but nothing serious. At least that's how i saw it.

Storm is with Black Panter and for the moment it looks like Marvel doesn't want Jean with Logan.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 11-22-2018 at 09:32 PM.

Ultimate Member

Well Storm was last we checked but anything could happen after this upcoming alternate reality bit, and this could be just filling the void for Logan and Jean until after the alternate reality bit where they could be together...