Page 266 of 324 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276316 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 4846

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    (S tier) this reminded me of the anime Fairy tail, ever watched it ?
    I haven't, though it's been on my To Watch for a while.

Ultimate Member

I'm not the one that was asked but yeah I love Fairy Tail...though I'm a Natsu/Erza shipper...anyway though I wonder how Jean would take coming back from the alternate reality of this upcoming event to find Scott alive again and perhaps back with Emma if that were to happen, with Logan back to his old self and single...

I'm on the same boat. She was the one who introduced me to the X-men and Jean.
    A lot of folks seem to reject the idea that new readers Exist but we are proof that it’s a legit market.

Sure it may not be huge but we exist. I think having good jumping on points (like bendis anxm, which imo was a clear new status quo post avx) every now and then is important.

The great thing about bendis run is it was a new story for older readers because they knew other versions of the characters... while simultaneously being a perfect latching on point for newbies like us because we newbies learned as the teen 05
    Learned.

Say what you want about bendis style etc but I think overall his anxm was a great story. Imo it would’ve been better concluded after ivx, with their return occuring in the same event that resulted in jean’s resurrection, because teen jean’s major motivation was “bettering” the present before going back to her inevitable death. And going back while resurrecting her adult self would’ve allowed her to go back while passing the baton on to her older self, knowing the future is in good hands.

But meh. What’s done is done.
    Last edited by Grey; 11-28-2018 at 08:22 PM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Fantastic Member

Liked Jean's presence in Uncanny. I don't need her to be the all powerful Jean Grey, her working as part of a team is always enjoyable for me.

And I think Marvel is truly going to use Jean as the "go to" telepath. Jean was name dropped, by Tony Stark, again, in Amazing Spiderman #10. Apparently Tony has her telepathically scanning criminal hotspots. Now if only we could have Jean break out of the X-Office to make actual appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    And I think Marvel is truly going to use Jean as the "go to" telepath. Jean was name dropped, by Tony Stark, again, in Amazing Spiderman #10. Apparently Tony has her telepathically scanning criminal hotspots. Now if only we could have Jean break out of the X-Office to make actual appearances.
    I do like it when Marvel is cross-referential like that. She's been name dropped in the current Avengers series twice at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I’m so sad of this too. Ugh.

Teen jean was my POV character and brought me into comics.
    Will also miss her a lot

When I got into x comics, I was sad that Jean was dead because I liked her in evolution, the movies and the animated series. After reading X-Factor, new Xmen, dark Phoenix Saga, the 90s,revolution, and Xmen first class I was really needing some Jean in my life.

Then they brought teen Jean.

I love her character arc, how she goes from weak powered nice girl who suddenly gets omega level powers and starts to abuse them, while ignoring those calling her out on it, then running away from the X-men because of Don and not wanting to deal with it, then coming back after seeing how much the mutants need the X-men. Then leaving to Form their own team with magneto, and admitting how much she messed up by abusing her powers and apologizing to Scott (wish she apologized to others), becoming someone who only reads minds when given permission. Loved her relationship with Old man Logan and she and tykes overall arc.

Was at first annoyed by her Pink Mode, but came to love it and wouldn't mid adult Jean getting it.

I miss her already

Let's just buy into the bs that she and adult Jean are like, totally the same exact eprson. If it makes any better lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Will also miss her a lot

When I got into x comics, I was sad that Jean was dead because I liked her in evolution, the movies and the animated series. After reading X-Factor, new Xmen, dark Phoenix Saga, the 90s,revolution, and Xmen first class I was really needing some Jean in my life.

Then they brought teen Jean.

I love her character arc, how she goes from weak powered nice girl who suddenly gets omega level powers and starts to abuse them, while ignoring those calling her out on it, then running away from the X-men because of Don and not wanting to deal with it, then coming back after seeing how much the mutants need the X-men. Then leaving to Form their own team with magneto, and admitting how much she messed up by abusing her powers and apologizing to Scott (wish she apologized to others), becoming someone who only reads minds when given permission. Loved her relationship with Old man Logan and she and tykes overall arc.

Was at first annoyed by her Pink Mode, but came to love it and wouldn't mid adult Jean getting it.

I miss her already
    Lemire and Bunn were a blessing to Jeen. Had it only been Bendis, she'd be closer to a sociopath. Can't thank the other two enough for how good her character arc was. I'm not even sad to see her go per se, it's the fact that she'll pretty much be erased and we can't merge her development with adult Jean. It's a damn shame.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Lemire and Bunn were a blessing to Jeen. Had it only been Bendis, she'd be closer to a sociopath. Can't thank the other two enough for how good her character arc was. I'm not even sad to see her go per se, it's the fact that she'll pretty much be erased and we can't merge her development with adult Jean. It's a damn shame.
    Yeah, Lemire and Bunn balance out Bendis and Hopeless. I really loved how Lemire kept using her in Old man Logan

I was slow to warm to Teen Jean, but I eventually came to appreciate the character. It was because of teen Jean that I started reading X-men comics again after a long break. I am going to miss the character for sure. I loved that Teen Jean had Jean's temper and that she was powerful. Other characters knew she was a powerhouse. Teen Jean uses her powers to fight. Adult Jean has been turned into a more passive version of 90's den-mother Jean (or so it seems so far).

I would like to see the changes in Teen Jean to affect adult Jean. We have already witnessed how teen Iceman helped develop adult Iceman, but for the others I do not know if we will see any lasting changes.

I would like to see Adult Jean use the pink form, but I don't think the current writers want Jean to be too powerful. Some writers struggle with characters that are too powerful. I also think when it comes to Jean people have differing ideas of what the character is about and who she ultimately is. A lot of us like Jean's phoenix potential and her connection to her growing powers. Others like Jean has the girl next door who has a big heart, and of course there are those that love her role as a wife, mother, and mentor etc. Jean has dynamic qualities but she also has a lot of inconsistency due to this very fact.

I love that Rosenberg is a fan of Jean, but I don't like his take on the Phoenix and I don't really like his take on the character. He would say she is progressing and moving forward but to me she is moving backward to the 1986- mid 1990's. I hope Jean ends up with another writer and one that can move her forward but also show respect to her past and acknowledge that she still had agency even when connected to a cosmic power source. I would like to see the Jean from Hopeless' Jean Grey solo that understands that the Phoenix is both good and bad and not the Jean that considers the Phoenix ill gotten gains that just used her for it's own purposes. I never saw the Phoenix as overshadowing Jean because many of us saw it as an extension of Jean. I don't know how anyone could read Morrison's run and come away with the view that the Phoenix force was in control and not Jean using and accessing the power (which was stated on panel many times she was accessing cosmic power reserves...). But just like with the fandom it has been true with the creators - a split when it comes to plain Jean Grey and Phoenix/Jean Grey.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Yeah, Lemire and Bunn balance out Bendis and Hopeless. I really loved how Lemire kept using her in Old man Logan
    I now realize after Lemire managed to stop Jeen from getting involved in Hopeless' Hopeless X-Men, he still gets her a solo.

smfh.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I do like it when Marvel is cross-referential like that. She's been name dropped in the current Avengers series twice at this point.
    That would be nice.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I was slow to warm to Teen Jean, but I eventually came to appreciate the character. It was because of teen Jean that I started reading X-men comics again after a long break. I am going to miss the character for sure. I loved that Teen Jean had Jean's temper and that she was powerful. Other characters knew she was a powerhouse. Teen Jean uses her powers to fight. Adult Jean has been turned into a more passive version of 90's den-mother Jean (or so it seems so far).

I would like to see the changes in Teen Jean to affect adult Jean. We have already witnessed how teen Iceman helped develop adult Iceman, but for the others I do not know if we will see any lasting changes.

I would like to see Adult Jean use the pink form, but I don't think the current writers want Jean to be too powerful. Some writers struggle with characters that are too powerful. I also think when it comes to Jean people have differing ideas of what the character is about and who she ultimately is. A lot of us like Jean's phoenix potential and her connection to her growing powers. Others like Jean has the girl next door who has a big heart, and of course there are those that love her role as a wife, mother, and mentor etc. Jean has dynamic qualities but she also has a lot of inconsistency due to this very fact.

I love that Rosenberg is a fan of Jean, but I don't like his take on the Phoenix and I don't really like his take on the character. He would say she is progressing and moving forward but to me she is moving backward to the 1986- mid 1990's. I hope Jean ends up with another writer and one that can move her forward but also show respect to her past and acknowledge that she still had agency even when connected to a cosmic power source. I would like to see the Jean from Hopeless' Jean Grey solo that understands that the Phoenix is both good and bad and not the Jean that considers the Phoenix ill gotten gains that just used her for it's own purposes. I never saw the Phoenix as overshadowing Jean because many of us saw it as an extension of Jean. I don't know how anyone could read Morrison's run and come away with the view that the Phoenix force was in control and not Jean using and accessing the power (which was stated on panel many times she was accessing cosmic power reserves...). But just like with the fandom it has been true with the creators - a split when it comes to plain Jean Grey and Phoenix/Jean Grey.
    So much of this.
    I'm tired of the "Phoenix is an evil mind controlling force"
    I'm tired of them ignoring the manipulation and alteration of Jean grey by the hellfire club, and blaming the Phoenix as a corrupting force.
    One of things I didn't like about Phoenix Resurrection, was Jan saying she didn't know why the Phoenix was helping her, forgetting everything they had done together in the white hot room, forgetting that they are one. It was just annoying.
    Also tired of the Phoenix overuse in all the marvel books. It's like every writer wants to butcher it and write his own version of the Phoenix.
    Also get annoyed with, anyone being able to host the force without losing control, but when it's Jean, they start crying about how she would go dark Phoenix immediately

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I haven't, though it's been on my To Watch for a while.
    It's nice but became predictable in the fights.But has a very intriguing storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    That would be nice.
    I want Jean in a space book. The X-men haven't had a proper space adventure since black Vortex (venomized doesn't count, urgh). Space stories usually gave Xmen the chance to cut loose without being scared (just look at that Vulcan saga with the shiar).

Every time teen Jean went to space, she did something big and cool (trial of Jean grey, black Vortex, venomized, Generations). Would love to see Adult Jean interact with space Telepaths like Cosmo, Moondragon, Mantis and Oracle. I'd love to see her interact with the shiar gods, those two reverence the Phoenix Zi wonder what they think about jean.

Also, just want to see her hang out with groot and Rocket. Love to see her catch up with Death, and also talk to thanos or Adam Warlock.