Page 285 of 324 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285286287288289295 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,275 of 4846

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    Nothing sums up my sentiment better than this sentence, LOL. If it's Aaron, then it's just... disgusting. Between the Wolverine lovefest and the Odin/Thor + Phoenix romance, I think I'm not ready to stomach any more.
    Completely agree. I adore the Phoenix and its mythos, and Aaron just runs around bashing it with a baseball bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It would be a way to utilize her in a way that makes sense and sets her up to be important in a status quo changing event, which means its not her
    It's depressing how true this is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    OK, Lets place bets now.

Will Wolver-Phoenix-Gauntlet...

A. Go back in time and prevent Jean from becoming the Phoenix on the shuttle altogether (or if going by the 86'retcon, prevent the merger/replacement from happening as well)?

B. Be the one who causes the Shiar Weapon to blast Jean to ash on the moon?

C. Prevents Jean from becoming Dark Phoenix, but not good Phoenix?

D. Prevents Dark Phoenix from killing/committing genocide?
    He would be the who made the copy & hide the real one in the bottom in the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    OK, Lets place bets now.

Will Wolver-Phoenix-Gauntlet...

A. Go back in time and prevent Jean from becoming the Phoenix on the shuttle altogether (or if going by the 86'retcon, prevent the merger/replacement from happening as well)?
    Well then he's gonna have to make sure he restitches the M'Kraan crystal himself then. Also, wouldn't that just cause an alternate reality? 616 would still be there? Like AoA when reality/time was "corrected".

B. Be the one who causes the Shiar Weapon to blast Jean to ash on the moon?
    Maybe, but hopefully not. I don't want Wolverine involved any more than he already was in the original saga.

C. Prevents Jean from becoming Dark Phoenix, but not good Phoenix?
    I don't want that either. It takes away from Scott and trickles down to Madelyne. She wouldn't exist if Jean hadn't died and I think I would flip shit if that happened even though I consider myself above those emotions now regarding comic characters.

D. Prevents Dark Phoenix from killing/committing genocide?
    That might be ok. She still needs to die though, for Maddie's sake.

Original Phoenix/Jean is a definite fave of mine, but I still like Maddie and her tragic history more.

Edit: OMG Rachel...nope, Jean has to still die LOL

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It would be a way to utilize her in a way that makes sense and sets her up to be important in a status quo changing event, which means its not her
    It's a major event with cap/avengers,spidey,F4 retcons.It'll be single character or a team who will do this.So yeah not gonna be rachel.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    It's gonna be wolverine guys,he has both Phoenix force & infinity gauntlet in february.
    ugh I'm out yall can have it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I find it in really poor taste that as soon as Stan dies they (Marvel)launch a revisionist-esque company-wide event touching most of his tales.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I find it in really poor taste that as soon as Stan dies they (Marvel)launch a revisionist-esque company-wide event touching most of his tales.
    I actually agree. hopefully this is a what if type thing. if not it's super disrespectful to his legacy.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Fantastic Member

Well that is interesting.

Could it be, Marvel/Disney has long term plans for Jean in the Movie Universe, so the story is being re-done so she lives to go on and have other storylines? I was expecting Jean to die in the next X-Movie and for the door to be shut on her character being involved in the Movie Verse moving forward.

IF there is a tale where she gets to LIVE, this opens all kinds of avenues for the character. Though in all honesty, movies, comics, I just don't want to see that stupid bird again, for a nice long time.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't think it has anything to do with the movies. I don't have any faith for Jean on the disney movies.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't think it has anything to do with the movies. I don't have any faith for Jean on the disney movies.
    It isn't like the Fox movies treated her any better. X-Men 3 will forever be one of humanity's most awful crimes.

Especially since the entire industry is powered by nostalgia, you're going to get at least one 7.5-8.5/10 movie with Jean, Scott, Bobby, and Hank.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

So I just read a post over int he Marvel Comics threads that instead of undoing history, this might actually be a event-wide tribute to Stan Lee and he is going to be the person who did all of these things mentioned in these images....

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    It isn't like the Fox movies treated her any better. X-Men 3 will forever be one of humanity's most awful crimes.

Especially since the entire industry is powered by nostalgia, you're going to get at least one 7.5-8.5/10 movie with Jean, Scott, Bobby, and Hank.
    Marvel would need a more diverse cast than O5.

I really want to know what Marvel wants with this revisionist stuff. These are classic stories and changes could damage it just for sales

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    So I just read a post over int he Marvel Comics threads that instead of undoing history, this might actually be a event-wide tribute to Stan Lee and he is going to be the person who did all of these things mentioned in these images....
    You know what? That would actually be pretty damn cool. So I have zero faith in it being true.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Marvel would need a more diverse cast than O5.

I really want to know what Marvel wants with this revisionist stuff. These are classic stories and changes could damage it just for sales
    Throw Storm and Nightcrawler in there.