Page 288 of 324 FirstFirst ... 188238278284285286287288289290291292298 ... LastLast
Results 4,306 to 4,320 of 4846

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It was a joke. Lol, i feel ashamed for getting angry for this
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...c-ghost-rider/
    So marvel isn't trying to be DC. Good play Marvel

X-Men Red was pretty great. Jean's finest hour.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It was a joke. Lol, i feel ashamed for getting angry for this
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...c-ghost-rider/
    So I’m guessing the Dark Phoenix stuff will be in issue #6.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    Attachment 74866

So is Age of X-Man Alpha#1 actually part of X-Men Red series? Am confused with how it was presented on the last page
    Thats a preview for another X-books. Its not uncommon for Marvel books to do that. Red is done with #11

So, regarding Red 11, I do like Tom's voice when he wants to portray Jean as a more peace-seeking leader type, but I really wish the battle had been more... flashy? Actually violent? Not over so quickly? Not over because of Gabby?

I think Red as a whole missed the "Jean Grey is a powerhouse and has A Temper that will make hr crush you" beat that the character needs, because she reads as far too passive. Don't get me wrong, the nanosentinel plan is TOTALLY Jean, but she should have cut loose in all her glory. Hope we get to see that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    So, regarding Red 11, I do like Tom's voice when he wants to portray Jean as a more peace-seeking leader type, but I really wish the battle had been more... flashy? Actually violent? Not over so quickly? Not over because of Gabby?

I think Red as a whole missed the "Jean Grey is a powerhouse and has A Temper that will make hr crush you" beat that the character needs, because she reads as far too passive. Don't get me wrong, the nanosentinel plan is TOTALLY Jean, but she should have cut loose in all her glory. Hope we get to see that soon.
    Jean has too much compassion for her own good and its what got her killed the last time. I wish she was a bit more ruthless as well and showed no mercy to Nova. She's not someone that should be rehabilitated. Jean already tried that and it failed.

Jean was on typhoid Mary iron fist. She didn't do much, but helped defeat typhoid.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I thought that Red was a strong reintroduction for Jean into the X-world. While I enjoyed the series, and thought Taylor had a good grasp on Jean's character, I really wanted a massive psychic showdown between her and Nova. It was nice that this was a team effort, but it could have been handled better. I thought the annual showed more nuance to Jean's character than the main stories, and I wish Taylor would have brought some of those elements into the final chapters. Overall, I did really enjoy the series, and was happy with Taylor's handling of Jean.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 12-12-2018 at 01:04 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Red was amazing, it was what Jean needed and i'm grateful for it. the only thing i didn't like was how Cassandra Nova was handled st the end, everything else was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean has too much compassion for her own good and its what got her killed the last time. I wish she was a bit more ruthless as well and showed no mercy to Nova. She's not someone that should be rehabilitated. Jean already tried that and it failed.
    I know! I was so mad that Jean bent down to touch the Fauxento and let all of her Phoenix-Force protection down so her long-time mortal enemy could attack and kill her!!!

Fantastic Member

All that build up with how strong Jean Grey is, and she ends up on the ground beaten by Nova.
    Last edited by mike7171; 12-12-2018 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    In showing her compassion, they should not forget her passionate anger.

Passion-mentally attacking Emma in anger and leaving her a crying mess
    Compassion-putting Emma back together after she had been killed

Passion-intimidating sabertooth and breaking his bones with tk
    Compassion-comforting Jubilee

Passion-screaming at wolverine in anger and putting to sleep when he tries to stop her
    Compassion-tearfully hugs storm, then sacrifices herself to save the X-men.

X-Men Red Jean is like if Jean found out about the psychic affair then tried to have a peace talk with Emma instead of lashing out. In which Emma mocks her and spits in her face. After which Emmas get shattered and Jean brings her back because love.

Jeans anger/Jealousy (sometimes), are most obvious flaws, and she the duality of the character, the struggle inside her as shown by apocalypse when making notes on the Xmen. It's Jeans fire, otherwise she just looks like a hippie all the time. What's the point of a star that only has light but no other Form of her energy or radiation.

All that build up with how strong Jean Grey is, and she ends up on the ground beaten by Nova.
    I could be wrong, but I thought that was a part of the plan. Jean got up fast after Gabby got Nova with the sentinite.

Look at all the hype we got when Jean came back.

Phoenix was holding her back
    Cassandra Nova is scared of her
    Jean grey is really powerful

Then in Uncanny X-Men, she jobs
    In Xmen Red, she gives speeches and underperforms
    In Return of Wolverine, she disappoints
    In Typhoid Fever, she gets embarrassed

Oh well... Let's see what AOXman brings.

Welcome to the club Jean. Lorna, Storm and Rachel have been waiting for you

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I could be wrong, but I thought that was a part of the plan. Jean got up fast after Gabby got Nova with the sentinite.
    The issue is not so much that the plan doesn't make sense (it does), it's just that it makes for a very anticlimatic final battle where the main character doesn't do much besides resist for some time to stall.

In a superhero comic that stars Jean, a character with iconic coloring from her powers to her physical features, a fight that only has one splash page of her against Nova and not even an all-out TP/TK/astral plane battle (or just something interesting to look at/read about) just feels flat. It's like Taylor just wanted to tell us really badly how much we need to stop trolling on the internet and how much he loves Gabby instead of telling an engaging story.