Page 289 of 324 FirstFirst ... 189239279285286287288289290291292293299 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,335 of 4846
    Fantastic Member

Its like when Jamie Madrox was shutdown. Jean assisted, but Psylocke saved the day.
    And Luke-skywalker move Jean did with Nova, Cerebro saved the day. It would be nice if Cerebro was not used.
    And now, this Nova takedown, Gabby saved the day. She does not have to be down, Laura has to distract her for Gabby to do her thing.

Hahaha, they brought back Jean Grey just for this. I will patiently wait for a true Jean moment.
    Last edited by mike7171; 12-12-2018 at 01:54 PM.

But one interesting thing.

Maybe Nova will team up with No-girl to give us the legendary team from here comes tomorrow.

I know it was supposed to be Ernest. Maybe she and Nova are two sides of a coin and will fuse consciousness or something to give us the Super Hero Nova (with a split evil personality that's always trying to come back, every telepath needs one)

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    Its like when Jamie Madrox was shutdown. Jean assisted, but Psylocke saved the day.
    And Luke-skywalker move Jean did with Nova, Cerebro saved the day. It would be nice if Cerebro was not used.
    And now, this Nova takedown, Gabby saved the day. She does not have to be down, Laura has to distract her for Gabby to do her thing.

Hahaha, oh geesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Look at all the hype we got when Jean came back.

Phoenix was holding her back
    Cassandra Nova is scared of her
    Jean grey is really powerful

Then in Uncanny X-Men, she jobs
    In Xmen Red, she gives speeches and underperforms
    In Return of Wolverine, she disappoints
    In Typhoid Fever, she gets embarrassed

Oh well... Let's see what AOXman brings.

Welcome to the club Jean. Lorna, Storm and Rachel have been waiting for you
    I get that people here want to see Jean kicking ass but these are team books. If Marvel makes Jean solve everything and doesn't let other people shine people will complain, that would also make bad stories. If Jean is perfect, infallible and outshines everybody the books would turn boring pretty fast and that portrayal wouldn't do jean any favors.

I don't like Jean jobbing but that happens to everybody, all the time. Even characters like the Living tribunal, Galactus or the Molecule Man are beaten by characters that have no chance againts them, usually to advance the plot or to prop up other characters. It sucks but it is needed to tell stories
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 12-12-2018 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I get that people here want to see Jean kicking ass but these are team books. If Marvel makes Jean solve everything and doesn't let other people shine people will complain, that would also make bad stories. If Jean is perfect, infallible and outshines everybody the books would turn boring pretty fast and that portrayal wouldn't do jean any favors.

I don't like Jean jobbing but that happens to everybody, all the time.
    The issue is that they went with a middle ground that doesn't make anyone happy.

Fantastic Member

I don't like Jean jobbing but that happens to everybody, all the time.
    First off Red is basically Jean's coming back book to re-introduce her. Her re-introduction will pretty much sets the tone on things to come. If this is how writers or marvel sees/portrays her everytime, then it will be verrrryyy disappointing.
    Second, the complaint is not because Jean needs to be perfect, it is dumb to expect that or even assume that was being expected. Its just the "hype" did not deliver.

I am hoping i see some "wow" moments in the future.
    Last edited by mike7171; 12-12-2018 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The issue is that they went with a middle ground that doesn't make anyone happy.
    This is the problem. The story works and the use of teamwork in this issue was great, because I didn't know I needed a moment between Thor and Gambit until I saw it. But for the Grand Return of Jean Grey without holding back because Phoenix, she sure as hell held back a lot.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Yeah, it sucks but that's how it works.

On a somewhat related note, i don't want the Jean fandom to become the new Storm fans but i fear at this rate is what will eventually happen.

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    This is the problem. The story works and the use of teamwork in this issue was great, because I didn't know I needed a moment between Thor and Gambit until I saw it. But for the Grand Return of Jean Grey without holding back because Phoenix, she sure as hell held back a lot.
    Exactly. It was a gross example of telling but not showing. You want to justify that Phoenix remark? Have her battle one of the most deadly telepaths in existence with your newfound powers. Instead, they had to use the Care Bear nanite, and Jean ends up using her powers for little more than communication.

Mighty Member

Red is hella disappointing. We waited for 15 years and we got that, wooow just wooow.

I hope to see Jean in better stories and actual great moments. This book felt like a Gabby book.

On a somewhat related note, i don't want the Jean fandom to become the new Storm fans but i fear at this rate is what will eventually happen.
    I don't see many people claiming Jean is completely perfect and has never been anything other than completely flawless in her entire existence, and every writer who wrote to the contrary just didn't write her right, so Jean fans have a ways to go before getting there.

Fantastic Member

I do not understand your point here. So you are content with the middle ground, that's fine if this all works for you.
    As a Jean fan, am craving to see the gloriousness of Jean Grey, but what i've seen so far they all fall short. So not sure why bring up Storm fans, when this is a Jean forum.

This is comics, its all visuals and storylines. I don't want to read 10 years of comic books with Jean yapping away 90% of the time. And see her aura 1/4 of a page and that's it.
    The most Jean aura i saw is when she clashed with Nova.
    Last edited by mike7171; 12-12-2018 at 02:19 PM.

I don't see many people claiming Jean is completely perfect and has never been anything other than completely flawless in her entire existence, and every writer who wrote to the contrary just didn't write her right, so Jean fans have a ways to go before getting there.
    A couple days or weeks ago it definetely seemed like Storm's thread with people whining that Jean didn't get any FEATZ on Uncanny, and that was on an issue where she had a lot of panel time and was portrayed as a good leader...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    A couple days or weeks ago it definetely seemed like Storm's thread with people whining that Jean didn't get any FEATZ on Uncanny, and that was on an issue where she had a lot of panel time and was portrayed as a good leader...
    But that's always how it is with Level 10 telepaths like Jean or Emma. You have to accept that they aren't going to use their powers fully at the start of a conflict, since they can pretty much end any fight before it begins.

BANNED

since they can pretty much end any fight before it begins.
    Wouldn't that be the point to all their training and Xavier's dream?

To be fair, we still need to see if Jean is actually getting Rachel'd in every story ever from now on to start fearing about that. In the particular case of Red, where she was supposed to showcase why she's the HBIC, she came off almost like a pre-90s Disney Princess: a beautiful white woman whose love can conquer everything but doesn't actually do much. It might sound exagerated, but given how amazing X-Women have traditionally been (and the fact that this series features freaking Storm, who's basically the Staple Claremazon), I think it's accurate.

Please, lets make an arrangement to call each other out if we ever start derailing threads with scans upon scans of old issues to prove points. There has to be a limit, lol