Page 290 of 324 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300 ... LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,350 of 4846
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    To be fair, we still need to see if Jean is actually getting Rachel'd in every story ever from now on to start fearing about that. In the particular case of Red, where she was supposed to showcase why she's the HBIC, she came off almost like a pre-90s Disney Princess: a beautiful white woman whose love can conquer everything but doesn't actually do much. It might sound exagerated, but given how amazing X-Women have traditionally been (and the fact that this series features freaking Storm, who's basically the Staple Claremazon), I think it's accurate.

Please, lets make an arrangement to call each other out if we ever start derailing threads with scans upon scans of old issues to prove points. There has to be a limit, lol
    She's too important to get the Rachel treatment. Without Scott, Logan, and Xavier Jean IS the HBIC...she's just isnt being portrayed by a talented writer to showcase how effective she can be.

and yes Please most of us know what the others are talking about we don't need visual citations lol

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    She's too important to get the Rachel treatment. Without Scott, Logan, and Xavier Jean IS the HBIC...she's just isnt being portrayed by a talented writer to showcase how effective she can be.

and yes Please most of us know what the others are talking about we don't need visual citations lol
    Thing is, that not showcasing effectiveness has been the bone Rachel and Ro fans have been picking for years now, and yeah, I don't think anyone wants Jean to become a member of that club, ESPECIALLY when she's front and center and it's glaringly and humiliatingly obvious.

And, IMO, UXM is not really working as it should as a story, and that obviously reflects on the characters. This week was a step up, as the plots actually moved along, but why did they spend 2 pages on the oil rig jungle? It was basically "The A Team Does Something", and that's it.
    Last edited by FeniSam; 12-12-2018 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    Red is hella disappointing. We waited for 15 years and we got that, wooow just wooow.

I hope to see Jean in better stories and actual great moments. This book felt like a Gabby book.
    There will be no better stories. We're stuck in a nostalgia/rehash loop and there's no end in sight. I've lost what little faith I had in Marvel.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    There will be no better stories. We're stuck in a nostalgia/rehash loop and there's no end in sight. I've lost what little faith I had in Marvel.
    U n I r in the same boat. Good to know.

Sadly, this is the best summary of the current status quo. The worst part is that it is a non-stop nostalgia retread where nothing seems to even happen in the same continuity.

Jean is not a "HBIC" character, unless you're just using that for any female leader. She can be one sometimes but that's not her default state so to speak.

Mighty Member

Sadly, this is the best summary of the current status quo. The worst part is that it is a non-stop nostalgia retread where nothing seems to even happen in the same continuity.
    This is sadly true.

The stories ... all seem separated. Like there’s no long term plan or stories.
    It’s just ... idk... events or minis.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Jean is not a "HBIC" character, unless you're just using that for any female leader. She can be one sometimes but that's not her default state so to speak.
    Isn't HBIC = Hot Bitch in Charge?

Jean isn't a bitch. Emma was/is/will forever be, Kitty and Rachel can have their bitchy moments, but Jean isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Head bitch...

Mighty Member

Jean isn't a bitch. Emma was/is/will forever be, Kitty and Rachel can have their bitchy moments, but Jean isn't.
    Yea Jean is a good girl. She has her temper-y moments ... but ain’t a bitch.

Yeah, B stands for Bitch, but I always assumed the phrase just meant "lady who calls the shots", explicitly or implicitly. Kitty was it (both literally and figuratively, for our collective annoyance), but Jean currently fits that description. Feel free to explain if I'm using it wrong, LOL!

Yeah, B stands for Bitch, but I always assumed the phrase just meant "lady who calls the shots", explicitly or implicitly. Kitty was it (both literally and figuratively, for our collective annoyance), but Jean currently fits that description. Feel free to explain if I'm using it wrong, LOL!
    AFAIK it has a conotation towards being bossy and having an attitude... Like, Emma is a HBIC. Maria Hill is a HBIC. Carol on Civil War II is a HBIC. I think Jean has a few HBIC moments like on Morrison's run, when she scared the shit out of the U-Men, when she comes back on X-Factor and is not having with the X-Men, blows up that wall and all, etc. But overall I wouldn't use it to describe her character.

Head bitch...
    But wouldn't that make the "in Charge" part redundant?

But wouldn't that make the "in Charge" part redundant?
    While it is a bit redundant, Head Bitch In Charge is the common definition of that acronym, supposedly first used as a self-proclaimed title by a contestant on the reality show Flavor of Love over a decade ago.
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=HBIC

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    While it is a bit redundant, Head Bitch In Charge is the common definition of that acronym, supposedly first used as a self-proclaimed title by a contestant on the reality show Flavor of Love over a decade ago.
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=HBIC
    Ah, that makes sense.