Page 3 of 324 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

During Inferno, X-Factor was able to find baby Christopher bc psychically linked with Jean. Was it ever explicitly explained how that happened? Jean didnt have her TP then? Was it her latent powers picking up on him? Was it Christopher's TP activating? If so, why or how could he connect to Jean, a woman he's never met instead of Scott, his father? He's only a few months old at this point. This isnt quite clear to me

I said this in the previous thread, but I think it's worth saying again. Once the Disney purchase of Fox is complete, I believe Jean Grey could become one of Disney's central characters alongside Storm. She has a lot of the same qualities that Disney's best characters have. She's got a fiery personality, a distinct look, and memorable visuals. She's like Elsa, minus the princess/queen title. Kevin Feige has already gone on record as saying he wants more female led characters in the MCU. Jean Grey definitely fits that bill. Both her and Storm could be the X-men's dynamic duo, of sorts. Maybe the upcoming Dark Phoenix movie will even help set the precedent. Here's hoping.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    During Inferno, X-Factor was able to find baby Christopher bc psychically linked with Jean. Was it ever explicitly explained how that happened?
    Not that I recall.

Jean didnt have her TP then?
    Not formally. She didn't get her full telepathic abilities back until the Endgame storyline (X-Factor vol. 1 #65-68).

Was it her latent powers picking up on him?
    In retrospect, it can be viewed that way.

Was it Christopher's TP activating?
    That was the implication.

If so, why or how could he connect to Jean, a woman he's never met instead of Scott, his father?
    1) Jean was a psi, or at least a former one at the time, and Scott wasn't. 2) Jean is genetically identical to Nathan's mother. 3) Because Madelyne had by then fallen to S'ym and N'astirh's influence, Jean had more in common personality-wise with the Madelyne that Nathan had known than the Goblin Queen did.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

During Inferno, X-Factor was able to find baby Christopher bc psychically linked with Jean. Was it ever explicitly explained how that happened? Jean didnt have her TP then? Was it her latent powers picking up on him? Was it Christopher's TP activating? If so, why or how could he connect to Jean, a woman he's never met instead of Scott, his father? He's only a few months old at this point. This isnt quite clear to me
    If my memory serves me correctly, it was Christopher who reached out to Jean under the stress of what his mother was putting him through. Maddie realised what he did and was enraged that he would reach out to Jean instead of his own mother (of course, demonically oblivious to the fact that good mothers don't sacrifice their young).

frik-frakkin'doublepostin'
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-07-2018 at 08:48 AM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    If my memory serves me correctly, it was Christopher who reached out to Jean under the stress of what his mother was putting him through. Maddie realised what he did and was enraged that he would reach out to Jean instead of his own mother (of course, demonically oblivious to the fact that good mothers don't sacrifice their young).
    This. He was so upset that he sent out a distress call and connected with Jean and separately Rachel (who already had a link with him). Maddie was SOOO mad, and it was great to see Jean connect and find him. Inferno was such an amazing event for most of the characters involved.

Jean didn't have her full TP, but she had some low level TP still working. This comes up several times during Inferno even when it's not related to Christopher. Jean can't read Maddie and she says that she can read most people. Then she later reads her parents even though they've been transformed into demons.

what confuses me though is the dialogue in X-Factor seems to suggest that its Jean's powers that are connecting with Christopher, not the other way around

N'astirh says that Scott tracks the baby through the powers of Jean and a caption says that her sixth sense re-emerges. I took that to mean her telepathy

I guess this brings up another question. How exactly did she even lose her powers? Im not seeing how being placed in a cocoon and emerging healed for all intents and purposes leaves ehr without her TP. I know it was a plotpoint to keep Scott's marriage from her but that was revealed witin the first few issues yet Jean doesnt have her full powers for almost her entire X-Factor run
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-07-2018 at 09:50 AM.

Her re-emerging 6th sense was what allowed Christopher to connect with her, and her with him. But that's Christopher projecting his pain and fear into her mind. Those last two panels confirm it.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The implication, when I read it, was that baby Christopher's unknown ability was psychic based and only Jean and Rachel picked it up since Jean and Madelyne are the same person and Rachel is also a descendant of Scott Summers

I loved Jean when I was newer to the comic books. She was part of the animated series from the 90s which I loved and she was portrayed more powerful in the comics, which I enjoyed. I also began collecting X-man around the same time and was introduced to Madelyne Pryor and was more drawn to that character as I tend to like edgier characters. Once I began collecting back issues and finally read CC's entire run, I was in love with Madelyne Pryor. Talk about one of the most tragic characters in the X-world. Being a hero, a mother, a wife only to turn around and find out that your entire self is derived from someone else (Phoenix and Jean). Your husband leaves you, you're hunted and gunned down, left for dead. Then you unwittingly fall under the influence of black magick because you get manipulated by demons to say yes (Supernatural TV show anyone?).

But one of my favorite crazy Maddie moments was the scene of her flipping out over baby Christopher reaching out to Jean. Something along the lines of "How dare you be inside his head and heart!!" Then she says something about Jean being a resurrected, retread, cow. Maddie went in on everyone during Inferno. Too bad she killed herself. Also, too bad this was all done to her to sweep her under the rug. I did like her confrontation with the X-men while inside Jean's mind though. Storm definitely called her on some crap which was enjoyable.

I loved Jean when I was newer to the comic books. She was part of the animated series from the 90s which I loved and she was portrayed more powerful in the comics, which I enjoyed. I also began collecting X-man around the same time and was introduced to Madelyne Pryor and was more drawn to that character as I tend to like edgier characters. Once I began collecting back issues and finally read CC's entire run, I was in love with Madelyne Pryor. Talk about one of the most tragic characters in the X-world. Being a hero, a mother, a wife only to turn around and find out that your entire self is derived from someone else (Phoenix and Jean). Your husband leaves you, you're hunted and gunned down, left for dead. Then you unwittingly fall under the influence of black magick because you get manipulated by demons to say yes (Supernatural TV show anyone?).

But one of my favorite crazy Maddie moments was the scene of her flipping out over baby Christopher reaching out to Jean. Something along the lines of "How dare you be inside his head and heart!!" Then she says something about Jean being a resurrected, retread, cow. Maddie went in on everyone during Inferno. Too bad she killed herself. Also, too bad this was all done to her to sweep her under the rug. I did like her confrontation with the X-men while inside Jean's mind though. Storm definitely called her on some crap which was enjoyable.

As we are talking about Inferno...X-Factor Jean is my favourite Jean iteration of all.

As we are talking about Inferno...X-Factor Jean is my favourite Jean iteration of all.
    I enjoyed her but she was a bit overly dramatic at times. I sometimes wish she had another female in the cast to bounce off of. We almost had Dazzler join and that would have been an interesting dynamic in the group.

I enjoyed her but she was a bit overly dramatic at times. I sometimes wish she had another female in the cast to bounce off of. We almost had Dazzler join and that would have been an interesting dynamic in the group.