Page 322 of 324 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324 LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 4846
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Jean's not Scott. She's a much better hero and leader for the X-Men that want to be seen as heroes, not as a leader of mutants.

I think that it's better that Jean cultivates relationships beyond the X-Men for this very reason. The X-Men are known to be kind of separatist when it comes to certain things, and that doesn't need to the case, at least not for all of the books. The ones where it makes sense, sure, but Jean Grey is first and foremost a hero. If she is leading the X-Men, then it makes no sense that the X-Men wouldn't face off against, say, Dr Doom just as much as Mr Sinister.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm definitely down for a shared Rogues Gallery across the MU.
    Sinister, Cassandra, Apocalypse, et al...have really become very stale and the current writers just don't know how to write them in a newer, fresher perspective. The X-Men need new villains to fight. I was actually quite thrilled to see Selene (my absolute favourite X-Villain) featured in Captain America...I loathe Coates' writing...but I was still very happy to see my girl doing things outside of the tedious and boring x-world.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Lol, that's the trend these days. The X-men have to be incompetent to proceed

-Typhoid fever
    Jean: Oh I've gotten into Mary's mind, but instead of putting her to sleep, let's try to have a therapy session and talk about her problems. Lol, I also have telekinesis that can stop the flow of blood from heart to brain and leave you unconscious, or a tk blast to the solar plexus to knock Mary out but I won't try any of that.

Iceman: HI, I'm Bobby Drake. I can freeze he'll or cities. Freeze every molecule in your body without touching you. Lower your body and put you to sleep from far, freeze the blood in your brain and knock you out. But lol, I'm going to try hand to hand combat and beat this telepath with icefists

Storm: hey, you know, I could stop Mary from breathing and knock her out, or scramble her brain or drop a lightning bolt on her or blow her away with an hurricane or flash freeze her. But I think it would be cooler if I entered her telepathy forcefield range and get mind controlled.

-Return of Wolverine

Wow, civilians are attacking us, what are we gonna do. They've surrounded us despite the fact that we can fly, teleport and phase Omg what are we gonna do. Also they have tear gas. If only we had two mutants on our team that could disperse or condense and freeze gas, if only someone here could create force fields. Also, Jeans telepathy isn't working again.

-Uncanny X-Men

Betsy: I have forgotten that I can make telekinetic shields or that I can fly, also I can't stop civilians when they are like super mad.

Storm: when fighting an army, it is always best to dive right in and fight hand to hand while ignoring your other powers

Polaris: apparently I can't use my forcefields and civilians are my greatest weakness. Anyway, I'm just glad I'm no longer wallpaper. Oh wait.

Nate grey: Cable diddle for this

Jean: X-Men Red didn't die for this
    This was painful to read. The shame of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    A lot of the Avengers had issues with Wanda, considering she killed them. Considering Jean is the prime host of the Phoenix, and it always comes back to her, I don’t think a friendship with most Avengers is possible as they cannot understand the Phoenix. The cosmic or magically Avengers could, abs I think Black Panther would but people like Cap, Widow, and Iron Man cannot.

Also the Avengers have been at odds with the XNen on other issues as well. When it comes down to it Jean as an XMan, and will side with Mutants and XMen.

I think Jean could have great stories with Thor, Captain Marvel, or the Scarlet Witch. I liked how Jeen spent time with Thor, Strange, and Wanda. But that doesn’t make her miss popularity.

She’s a leader of the XNen, not a high school cheerleader aiming to be the prom queen!

I do think it’s better for her to be feared than liked in many circumstances.
    Most of the Avengers had no problem taking Wanda back in when they realized she was better and not completely in control of her actions back when all the mess happened. They know Jean isn't the Phoenix right now. There's no reason for them to fear her. As you said, Jeen has even spent time with Thor, Strange and Wanda. Tony also called Jeen for help on Civil War. And now the Avengers were glad to help her on X-Men Red. There's just no logical reason for them to be wary of her, and there's already evidence of the opposite happening...

And no, it's not better to be feared than liked on the X-Men's circumstances. Their whole goal is for mutants to be accepted. Mutants being feared it's literally the opposite of what the X-Men want, it's worst for everyone. Scott on his last years cared more about survival than anything because the X-Men and mutantkind were going through their worst time and he had kind of given up on the dream of peaceful coexistence. But things have calmed down now, and if there's a character who's gonna believe in peace and Xavier's dream(on a general sense, not exactly how he acted), that's Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Most of the Avengers had no problem taking Wanda back in when they realized she was better and not completely in control of her actions back when all the mess happened. They know Jean isn't the Phoenix right now. There's no reason for them to fear her. As you said, Jeen has even spent time with Thor, Strange and Wanda. Tony also called Jeen for help on Civil War. And now the Avengers were glad to help her on X-Men Red. There's just no logical reason for them to be wary of her, and there's already evidence of the opposite happening...

And no, it's not better to be feared than liked on the X-Men's circumstances. Their whole goal is for mutants to be accepted. Mutants being feared it's literally the opposite of what the X-Men want, it's worst for everyone. Scott on his last years cared more about survival than anything because the X-Men and mutantkind were going through their worst time and he had kind of given up on the dream of peaceful coexistence. But things have calmed down now, and if there's a character who's gonna believe in peace and Xavier's dream(on a general sense, not exactly how he acted), that's Jean.
    Im with you. If the Avengers had a problem with Jean, they wouldnt have trusted her in X-men Red. She was labeled an internatinoal terrorist thanks to Nova yet Black Panther offered her asylum. Despite being a telepath and could easily manipulate the situation, Tony Stark met with her and agreed to help her. The rest of the Avengers followed her lead into battle and fought alongside her. They have her back if she needs them and nothing about this suggests that they fear her or dont trust her

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im with you. If the Avengers had a problem with Jean, they wouldnt have trusted her in X-men Red. She was labeled an internatinoal terrorist thanks to Nova yet Black Panther offered her asylum. Despite being a telepath and could easily manipulate the situation, Tony Stark met with her and agreed to help her. The rest of the Avengers followed her lead into battle and fought alongside her. They have her back if she needs them and nothing about this suggests that they fear her or dont trust her
    The Avengers do not have Jean or the XMen’s backs. They never really have, and never really will. Where were the Avengers when the terrogrn mists nearly killed all mutants? When the Mutants nearly went extinct due decimation, the only thing that saved them was the Phoenix reactivating the x-gene.

Scott was nice seeing as a boyscott, but being in charge of a dying race changed him tremendously. I suspect Jean will be changing really soon too.

By being too pacifist and too good, she had put her teammates and innocents at risk.

Mutants will likely never get total acceptance from humans. Thus it is better to be feared and respected. As in mess with Jean and you’re dead.

Mighty Member

The Avengers do not have Jean or the XMen’s backs. They never really have, and never really will. Where were the Avengers when the terrogrn mists nearly killed all mutants? When the Mutants nearly went extinct due decimation, the only thing that saved them was the Phoenix reactivating the x-gene.

Scott was nice seeing as a boyscott, but being in charge of a dying race changed him tremendously. I suspect Jean will be changing really soon too.

By being too pacifist and too good, she had put her teammates and innocents at risk.

Mutants will likely never get total acceptance from humans. Thus it is better to be feared and respected. As in mess with Jean and you’re dead.
    Im with you!
    The avengers aren’t there when mutants needs them and they never will.

I honestly hated Red!Jean ... her pacifist speech and actions got under my skin. I really hope they do something about it soon. I want her to be a real badass ... take actions not just peace and all talk. It’s doesnt work.

I hope her characterisation changes soon.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    Im with you!
    The avengers aren’t there when mutants needs them and they never will.

I honestly hated Red!Jean ... her pacifist speech and actions got under my skin. I really hope they do something about it soon. I want her to be a real badass ... take actions not just peace and all talk. It’s doesnt work.

I hope her characterisation changes soon.
    I love Red!Jean but I am 100% down for her having a character development arc similar to Scott with the Messiah trilogy.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

In general I like pacifist Jean and Red Jean. I feel like at some times Taylor went a bit overboard with it and she could have been a bit more aggressive, but his Jean had definetely more pros than cons and I like the idea even if the execution wasn't totally perfect.

Jean wasnt around for the T-mess or M-day. My post was specifically about JEAN and her current status. We saw them come to her help when she called in Red and she mentioned that they are helping them in Uncanny X-men. This is bc she's very diplomatic, sought out their aid and they helped her bc they have her back if she needs them
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-30-2018 at 10:43 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean wasnt around for the T-mess or M-day. My post was specifically about JEAN and her current status. We saw them come to her help when she called in Red and she mentioned that they are helping them in Uncanny X-men. This is bc she's very diplomatic, sought out their aid and they helped her bc they have her back if she needs them
    So why did the Avengers not help Mutants against the terrigen mists? They had mutant members, and yet they did nothing to stand up to the Inhuman royal family? Emma played a huge role in uniting mutant factions and getting saving Mutants, twice on that front.

The same Avengers did not want the Phoenix to come to earth to reignite mutation.

If Jean has to become Phoenix again, I bet she loses most of her “Avengers” friends. Of course we know that’s a matter of when, if not if?

If there’s good writing left at Marvel someone will die because of the current Jean’s pacifi, forcing her to address her attitude and ultimately her relationship to the Phoenix.

So why did the Avengers not help Mutants against the terrigen mists? They had mutant members, and yet they did nothing to stand up to the Inhuman royal family? Emma played a huge role in uniting mutant factions and getting saving Mutants, twice on that front.

The same Avengers did not want the Phoenix to come to earth to reignite mutation.

If Jean has to become Phoenix again, I bet she loses most of her “Avengers” friends. Of course we know that’s a matter of when, if not if?

If there’s good writing left at Marvel someone will die because of the current Jean’s pacifi, forcing her to address her attitude and ultimately her relationship to the Phoenix.
    All of this is irrelevant to my post as I specified what I was referring to in case my original post was not clear to you

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    In general I like pacifist Jean and Red Jean. I feel like at some times Taylor went a bit overboard with it and she could have been a bit more aggressive, but his Jean had definetely more pros than cons and I like the idea even if the execution wasn't totally perfect.
    Taylor Jean is mostly goodness. I think that we will see more agressive Jean and less of a idealized version

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Taylor Jean is mostly goodness.I think that we will see more agressive Jean and less of a idealized version
    Amen to that.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I love Red!Jean but I am 100% down for her having a character development arc similar to Scott with the Messiah trilogy.
    Yeaa she needs a character development ASAP. She’s been dormant for over a decade now! She needs a character arc and some growth.