Page 33 of 324 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, considering you don't like Rosenberg's Jean, and Kelly has said she doesn't like Jean before, I guess Brisson is the only hope for Uncanny lol. Let's see how he writes her on Extermination. He had Jeen constantly guest-starring on OML so I think he likes her

And random subject, but, I just remembered of something funny, a couple days ago, some weirdo was going at him on twitter for Jean saying Cable was her son lol. First they corrected saying it was Maddie then when he explained that Jean raised him and this is what counts the most, they started saying "You're offending all the women who spend 9 months in labor!!!".
    I've got a little hope for Kelly yet. She has said things that indicate she would think about the character and try to do a good job. Her interpretation of Rogue and Gambit is beyond anything we've seen in years, in terms of getting the characters right. I want to see what she would make of Jean. Overall, I know I've seen Rosenberg's take and...yikes. Daed ffo retteb.

Whatever she'd come up with has gotta be better than that.

I haven't been reading OML since early in Lemire's run, but I'm game to see Brisson's take.

Kelly has said she's been having fun writing Jean and that she has changed her mind about a character after writing them in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Kelly has said she's been having fun writing Jean and that she has changed her mind about a character after writing them in the past.
    I mean, as I've said before, I don't think she hates her or anything, and I doubt she would write her badly on purpose, but it's still not very encouraging.

Im upset Taylor isnt on Uncanny. He is the only one I trust at this point

Brisson is a fan of many classic X-Men and i think that Jean was among then, as for his work my only expirience if his OML run, he is great with charactherization, so in that regard i think that Jean would be safe, but his plots had been underwhelming or too long for his own good, the Scarlet Samurai arc for example should have laste 4 issues instead of 6 and the team up with JGS kids should have been a one shot among other thing, his pace improved a lot in his last 2 arcs thougth. So i think that he is mostly a safe bet if things aren't too desscompresed.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

How can people be worried about if writers like Jean or not?

Marvel editorial is pushing Jean hard. they aren't going to let anybody screw her, she is the star from the near future. Also Rosenberg likes Jean, I don't know Brisson but he has been solid so far in his x-men stuff and KT doesn't hate Jean, she just loves Emma more.

During all these years there were writers who liked or disliked other big characters like Cyclops or Wolverine and still had to tell a story with them and do their best. There is no reason to be so worried.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    How can people be worried about if writers like Jean or not?

Marvel editorial is pushing Jean hard. they aren't going to let anybody screw her, she is the star from the near future. Also Rosenberg likes Jean, I don't know Brisson but he has been solid so far in his x-men stuff and KT doesn't hate Jean, she just loves Emma more.

During all these years there were writers who liked or disliked other big characters like Cyclops or Wolverine and still had to tell a story with them and do their best. There is no reason to be so worried.
    A person can still write crap stories for characters they love.Guggenheim obviously loves Kitty in Gold yet he's managed to turn people away from her bc his handle on her is so bad. Marvel pushed Captain Marvel hard circa CWII yet they let her character be damaged in the process. Rosenberg loves Jean but he's written her twice this year and people here have been disappointed in how he's handled her
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-20-2018 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    A person can still write crap stories for characters they love.Guggenheim obviously loves Kitty in Gold yet he's managed to turn people away from her bc his handle on her is so bad. Marvel pushed Captain Marvel hard circa CWII yet they let her character be damaged in the process. Rosenberg loves Jean but he's written her twice this year and people here have been disappointed in how he's handled her
    Really? What's been the complaint on Jean's characterization?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Go a few pages back here or the spoiler thread for the annual. People have been expressing their displeasure with his Jean

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    From what I can tell they think she's too reserved but I don't really think he's gotten the chance to let loose with her yet, and I wasn't entirely displeased with the annual.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

No one was that great in the Astonishing Annual because the issue was about setting up X and the weird dynamic he will have with the X-men.

I like Rosenberg's Jean overall though.

I liked that she stood up for Angel and was worried about how violent he is. During the Utopia years, Archangel was almost treated like an asset.

Only Jean can tell off the Phoenix like this. Rosenberg definitely doesn't write her as reserved.

The better off dead stuff in PR was Jean's rejection of the Phoenix's warped and unnatural (but almost well intentioned) treatment of human life.
    Last edited by Strong Girl Daken; 08-20-2018 at 09:35 PM.

Yea I’ve enjoyed adult jean so far a lot other than onemoment. The hot dog incident in the annual seemed a bit weird. But I don’t expect to approve of everything my favorite character does.

Btw if we lose teen jean in extermination I have some emotional feelings I’ll have to share somewhere, so here is where it’ll be. Sorry for the sappy ness in advance.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Yea I’ve enjoyed adult jean so far a lot other than onemoment. The hot dog incident in the annual seemed a bit weird. But I don’t expect to approve of everything my favorite character does.
    That has been one of my favourite Jean moments so far lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Go a few pages back here or the spoiler thread for the annual. People have been expressing their displeasure with his Jean
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    From what I can tell they think she's too reserved but I don't really think he's gotten the chance to let loose with her yet, and I wasn't entirely displeased with the annual.
    Well he wrote a lot more Jean in PR. I understand the pacing problems with that story but I don't grasp the characterization problems. Actually I found Jean's attitude in the annual to be pretty realistic for the situation and tone, at least for the initial part of the story. My problems with that issue have much more to do with how Marvel "fixed" Jean and the others, than the personalities on display themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

Btw if we lose teen jean in extermination I have some emotional feelings I’ll have to share somewhere, so here is where it’ll be. Sorry for the sappy ness in advance.
    I wish teen Jean could get a happy ending... I don't want her to die, obviously, and the O5 just going back to the past, gettind mindwiped and it's like nothing happened feels completely stupid to me.