Page 39 of 324 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I'm literally tired of people bitching about KT just because Jean isn't her favorite character. She's still a good, professional writer that has expressed the fact that she is - likely to her surprise - enjoying writing the character.
    I don't see why people can't be worried about someone who doesn't like Jean writing the character. As I've said all the times the subject is brought up, I don't think she HATES her or anything and will screw her over, but the fact that Jean is the first character that comes to mind every time someone asks who's her least favorite X-Men(or character in general? I'm not sure) is certainly not encouraging.

So, basically, while I'm not all that worried myself, I guess I'm tired of people bitching about how others are bitching and telling them to shut up lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I love Kelly. She's nailing Mr. & Mrs. X, Jessica Jones is good, Rogue & Gambit was excellent, Hawkeye had good writing with "meh" art, and I haven't been able to read West Coast Avengers yet but I'm really looking forwards to it.

And on a semi-related note: What's everybody's problem with PR? I thought it was good.
    I think people already explained what their problems were a few pages ago...

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    A new issue of Red is out and people are still complaining about the AXM annual
    Comic fans are prone to complaining when something doesn't perfectly align with their tastes.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't see why people can't be worried about someone who doesn't like Jean writing the character. As I've said all the times the subject is brought up, I don't think she HATES her or anything and will screw her over, but the fact that Jean is the first character that comes to mind every time someone asks who's her least favorite X-Men(or character in general? I'm not sure) is certainly not encouraging.

So, basically, while I'm not all that worried myself, I guess I'm tired of people bitching about how others are bitching and telling them to shut up lol.

I think people already explained what their problems were a few pages ago...
    Okay, I'll go back and look. I wasn't on for whenever that was.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I personally really enjoyed Phoenix Resurrection.

Today's issue of Red was wonderful. Jean stopping that spire, while TK shielding Gentle, Storm, and herself in the water, was great, but I think the ending was my favorite. Loved that she was able to clear her name, and expose Cassie for what she is.

I also really liked the costume here. So long as artists don't overdue it on the shoulder pads, it looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I personally really enjoyed Phoenix Resurrection.

Today's issue of Red was wonderful. Jean stopping that spire, while TK shielding Gentle, Storm, and herself in the water, was great, but I think the ending was my favorite. Loved that she was able to clear her name, and expose Cassie for what she is.

I also really liked the costume here. So long as artists don't overdue it on the shoulder pads, it looks good.
    I love this page so much. Jean looks beautiful, the costume looks good, the others do too(I especially love Laura), and there's a good quote to go along with the shot lol. I guess Taylor likes this, we also had it with the "We're gonna weaponize the truth" a couple issues ago lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    LMAO. Amazing. Some think Kelly "I want to write a Emma/Scott Ongoing" Thompson is going to be good news for Jean. The writer has made her feelings towards Jean perfectly clear. I swear Fandom baffles me. But then again, there are plenty of Jean fans who FLOVE Morrisons work and that man is the reason she was shown the door for the past 14 years. lol.
    Not a good memory. The worse part of Morrison is all the scemma fans that grew on it and now are writers. That is the second biggest damge from Morrison's run.
    Of course now they can't get away easily with the crap that Morrison did, specially now that Jean is being pushed as the main x-woman.
    But it is ok if some fans being suspicious, even if Thompson says she is enjoying writing the character.

Really? I remember her arc consisting of her having limited panel time. I think it was just the last issue where she hatched from an egg, LMAO, held the universe in her hand and cleared the board for Scott and Emma. I don't think that storyline was meant to do a thing for Jean accept make her as inhuman as possible and removed from the month to month comics so that Scott and Emma could move forward. Here Comes Tomorrow indeed. Rosenberg's Jean feels like a person to me. Whether she is deeply insightful (PR #5) or justifiably resentful (Astonishing Annual).

The New X-Men as written by GM had the personality of an uncooked carrot, but credit where it's due, she was a wonderful plot device for Scott and Emma to make their way past.
    Jean even helped set up Scemma, that was the biggest humiliation Jean ever suffered

I'm not big on Morrison jean, many times she felt inhuman to me

I love this page so much. Jean looks beautiful, the costume looks good, the others do too(I especially love Laura), and there's a good quote to go along with the shot lol. I guess Taylor likes this, we also had it with the "We're gonna weaponize the truth" a couple issues ago lol.
    Yeah, Taylor’s has some badass ending lines.
    Proposal: make Jean real and replace all the politicians with her.
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean even helped set up Scemma, that was the biggest humiliation Jean ever suffered
    I don't see how it's a humiliation. It actually takes away the "humiliating" factor a lot. It made canon that Scemma only went further because she allowed it. It makes Jean look so above them.

I don't see how it's a humiliation. It actually takes away the "humiliating" factor a lot. It made canon that Scemma only went further because she allowed it. It makes Jean look so above them.
    "above" is a bit strong for a character that was dead for 14 years because she had to give way to scemma. I think Noble is the word that fits better.
    You can say that Scemma only happened because of Jean, but she also had to see the man she loved get with one of the worst human being on Marvel Universe.
    before people say that I hate Emma and blah blah. I just will say that people who breaks couples for fun, are part of the worse kind pf people. That is a total lack of empathy and humanity

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I keep seeing complaints about the writers...
    Come on Jean fans. Don't become like the extremist parts of the Storm or Cyclops fandom (they have good and cool fans too, i'm not trying to offend)

Many writers have different interpretations of Jean's character. If Jean gets the spotlight in many books and for years, you will see how varied her character will react. She will also face very different situations were she will be strong and assertive but others will make her sad or doubt. So i don't get the complaint that for example she was sad in the annual. it was a total different situation than the ones she is facing in x-men Red, one more personal.

Also for the people who fears KT or other writers that aren't huge on Jean, be happy we can't get any worse than how Morrison/Quesada treated her. The worst part is over.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-22-2018 at 06:27 PM.

"above" is a bit strong for a character that was dead for 14 years because she had to give way to scemma. I think Noble is the word that fits better.
    You can say that Scemma only happened because of Jean, but she also had to see the man she loved get with one of the worst human being on Marvel Universe.
    before people say that I hate Emma and blah blah. I just will say that people who breaks couples for fun, are part of the worse kind pf people. That is a total lack of empathy and humanity
    Her being dead for years because of Scemma has nothing to do with it, that's meta irl stuff, I'm talking about Jean as a character on in-story terms. I think it does make Jean look both noble and above them. I guess "above them" sounds a bit too condescending, above the situation rather. It was a no-brainer for her, she wasn't petty about it. If the opposite had happened, Jean suffering for seeing her man with someone else, that's what I think would be humiliating.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    A new issue of Red is out and people are still complaining about the AXM annual
    The context is that Red is obviously a side story and doesn't count beyond its own pages.

Additionally, there are only so many times one can say "Tom Taylor should be the one writing Uncanny".

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    The context is that Red is obviously a side story and doesn't count beyond its own pages.

Additionally, there are only so many times one can say "Tom Taylor should be the one writing Uncanny".
    I mean, I thought that once, but Uncanny's got a great roster and I'm sure they aren't going to mess everything Taylor's done up.

BANNED

Not a good memory. The worse part of Morrison is all the scemma fans that grew on it and now are writers. That is the second biggest damge from Morrison's run.
    Of course now they can't get away easily with the crap that Morrison did, specially now that Jean is being pushed as the main x-woman.
    But it is ok if some fans being suspicious, even if Thompson says she is enjoying writing the character.

I'm not big on Morrison jean, many times she felt inhuman to me
    The humiliation was in her having to be killed off to spotlight her cowardly significant other, but couched within the dumb premise of "the X-Men can't exist without Cyclops and Cyclops needs to fuck a new girl or the world ends" was an ok sacrifice. Was the setup corny? Was some dude wanking Cyclops extra, extra hard? Yes and yes, but that doesn't take away Jean's choice.

I probably could have written a better self-sacrifice ending and I wouldn't have centered her choice on one of comics' lamest characters, but Jean still did what she had to do to save her friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I mean, I thought that once, but Uncanny's got a great roster and I'm sure they aren't going to mess everything Taylor's done up.
    Rosenberg already has. We only thought Jean Grey came back with a mission to unite the world. Per Rosenberg, she's actually suicidal and regrets the X-Men. "X" just manipulated her mind so that she thinks she's ok.

This done and Red ruined to tell yet another lazy "Xavier is evil" story. Awful.
    Last edited by Disciple of Redd; 08-22-2018 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    The humiliation was in her having to be killed off to spotlight her cowardly significant other, but couched within the dumb premise of "the X-Men can't exist without Cyclops and Cyclops needs to fuck a new girl or the world ends" was an ok sacrifice. Was the setup corny? Was some dude wanking Cyclops extra, extra hard? Yes and yes, but that doesn't take away Jean's choice.

I probably could have written a better self-sacrifice ending and I wouldn't have centered her choice on one of comics' lamest characters, but Jean still did what she had to do to save her friends.

Rosenberg already has. We only thought Jean Grey came back with a mission to unite the world. Per Rosenberg, she's actually suicidal and regrets the X-Men. "X" just manipulated her mind so that she thinks she's ok.

This done and Red ruined to tell yet another lazy "Xavier is evil" story. Awful.
    Can we not go with that please? At most Xavier messing with her mind gave her a push because it took away most of her angsty feelings about the past, but it doesn't go as far as ruining Red. The Red annual was before Astonishing's as it's right after Phoenix Resurrection.