Page 4 of 324 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    what confuses me though is the dialogue in X-Factor seems to suggest that its Jean's powers that are connecting with Christopher, not the other way around

N'astirh says that Scott tracks the baby through the powers of Jean and a caption says that her sixth sense re-emerges. I took that to mean her telepathy

I guess this brings up another question. How exactly did she even lose her powers? Im not seeing how being placed in a cocoon and emerging healed for all intents and purposes leaves ehr without her TP. I know it was a plotpoint to keep Scott's marriage from her but that was revealed witin the first few issues yet Jean doesnt have her full powers for almost her entire X-Factor run
    Reed Ruchards says it was his machine that was ptoning to cocoon, and that if hecwere dealing with a psi he would never havecused it, implying that hevsomehow damaged her abilities

Jean's Extermination costume is so good but I did a quick recolor bc the green works better on her than the blue. I actually see many elements of her Phoenix costume here and this could be reworked into a modern look for her

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

With the X in the middle, this design could work quite well as her Red-team outfit. Just make the boots knee-high (thigh-highs are so over and done) and modern, probably with a platform lift (her Morrison X-boots) and keeping the armour-like detailing of her current costume but more clean and streamlined like her team-mates.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Jean's Extermination costume is so good but I did a quick recolor bc the green works better on her than the blue. I actually see many elements of her Phoenix costume here and this could be reworked into a modern look for her
    Nice! Would be a nice costume for Jean. Although I do agree with Devaishwarya about the boots. If they were knee-high instead it would look much better.

BANNED

I liked the blue and it looks better than her current uniform in Red. It's sexier.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Wait, why did the appreciation thread get rebooted? Haha.

I guess to start us off, why is Jean your favorite character? Exactly what about her GRABBED you and wouldn't let go?

The first time that I ever saw Jean Grey was in the X-Men Animated Series' Phoenix Saga. She was graceful, powerful, compassionate, and at the time she amazed little me. I always related more to female characters when I was a little kid than I did male characters (I realize now that's, in part, a gay thing and also a result of my older brother's hyper-masculine attitude), but even if it weren't for that, I think that Phoenix would have still drawn my eye. I remember having my parents buy me all the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix merch that they could find, and following the X-Men right into the films, Evolution, and Legends when I slowly got older - and it was all because of characters like Storm, Iceman, and especially Jean Grey.

Through the films, Evolution, and X-Men Legends I fell even more in love with who Jean was as a character. She's so complex. Always - at the time - holding back for fear of losing control, but still amazingly powerful and doing all that she can to protect and save the world even if humans hated mutants. She didn't care. She would protect them anyway.

I was fourteen when I started reading comics, and Jean Grey was dead then. That didn't stop me from reading all of the AU's and backissues that I could find that featured Jean in them, and I was hooked at that point. There was no turning back. I had to wait four years for some kind of Jean Grey to return to the main publication, and I never thought that it would happen. Teen Jean wasn't perfect and there were times where I questioned whether this really was Jean Grey or not, but over time that melted away. And then, in five more years after that, nine years after I started reading comic books, she was back.

And I've been over the moon ever since.
    Ha, this mirrors me exactly. <3

Ultimate Member

Few nice pics of Jean imho...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmPSdLcn...=1danfnfocfxah

I saw this on Mike Deodato's Instagram. A classic pic of Jean, Scott, and Logan titled Uncanny X-Men. Is this some old art or could it be a variant of the upcoming title and possible indicate these big 3 on the team?

Last edited by nightw1ng; 08-08-2018 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BmPSdLcn...=1danfnfocfxah

I saw this on Mike Deodato's Instagram. A classic pic of Jean, Scott, and Logan titled Uncanny X-Men. Is this some old art or could it be a variant of the upcoming title and possible indicate these big 3 on the team?

Most likely a variant. Jean appeared on plenty of those while dead

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    Ha, this mirrors me exactly. <3
    Honestly you have no idea how happy that makes me to hear haha
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

AXM Annual preview. Jean talks about her meeting with the younger Jean. Im guessing this is the most we are gonna get out of that Jean Grey #11 finale

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-men-annual-1/

Looks good. Rosenberg needs to redeem himself after Phoenix Resurrection

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

AXM Annual preview. Jean talks about her meeting with the younger Jean. Im guessing this is the most we are gonna get out of that Jean Grey #11 finale

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-men-annual-1/
    Stuff like this make me realize how much Jean was missing from the X-books in genereal. She was a huge part of the family feeling, like a sister, mother, friend, teammate that went missing for years.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

double post
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-09-2018 at 08:57 AM.