Page 52 of 324 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    Yup.

Give me back this hair for Jeen.

Yeah. She needs to grow it out another foot in the four issues left before we never see her again.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    Yup.

Give me back this hair for Jeen.

This still one of the best jean costumes.

I don't care much about hair, I think the short hair fits well into a teenage Jean. Not much on the adult

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

There was a part of Hopeless' Jeen book where the art team drew her like a Weasley. That shortened my life span.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I wouldn't be super opposed to a ponytail on Jean. I wasn't crazy about it in TAS, but I think with the right artist it can work. I'll always prefer flowing locks for Jean, but giving her a ponytail could help differentiate her from the rest of the women who have the same style.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Good read. I had completely forgotten about Brian and Julia that came out of left field. I still feel bad that the whole family was massacred.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Good read. I had completely forgotten about Brian and Julia that came out of left field. I still feel bad that the whole family was massacred.
    Someone at Marvel really didn't like Jean at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    So what's the secret story behind Brian and Julia?

My Head canon is they were being very annoying and noisy during the time after Anne died, when Jeans telepathy surfaced.

Fed up, she subconsciously makes everyone forget them. Like forget me not, everyone they meet forgets them. They have these weird relationship with Jean (the lazy version from max witterts comic) because she's the only one who remembers them, but she's "urgh , Brian, the strain to make everyone remember you, ugh I can't handle it. Sorry bye".

And then she died in Morrisons run and everybody remembers them, and to their annoyance act like they never forget them and don't believe their story about Jean (apart from Emma frost).

Waiting for the trade should do a comic strip like this

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    So what's the secret story behind Brian and Julia?

My Head canon is they were being very annoying and noisy during the time after Anne died, when Jeans telepathy surfaced.

Fed up, she subconsciously makes everyone forget them. Like forget me not, everyone they meet forgets them. They have these weird relationship with Jean (the lazy version from max witterts comic) because she's the only one who remembers them, but she's "urgh , Brian, the strain to make everyone remember you, ugh I can't handle it. Sorry bye".

And then she died in Morrisons run and everybody remembers them, and to their annoyance act like they never forget them and don't believe their story about Jean (apart from Emma frost).

Waiting for the trade should do a comic strip like this
    Haha I'd read it!

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Someone at Marvel really didn't like Jean at all.
    Given Claremont's love for Jean and Rachel, I'm still flabbergasted that he was the one who penned this story. Killing off Jean's parents to introduce tragedy into Rachel and Jean's life is one thing, but to slaughter the entire extended family as well, including the children, just seems cruel and wasteful.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I was surprised that Claremont wrote that.

Bachalo drew the hell out of it though.

I hate that its still canon. I wanted teen Jean to have been seen leaving her parents house after Secret Wars with that event being used to undo the End of Greys storyline

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

It was honestly a shame that Joey and Gailyn never got a chance to maybe become mutants when the X-Gene came back. It would've been neat.

Also in general it would've been nice to see Jean attempting to readjust to life with the help of her family, but what PR did with her family was good.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    It was honestly a shame that Joey and Gailyn never got a chance to maybe become mutants when the X-Gene came back. It would've been neat.

Also in general it would've been nice to see Jean attempting to readjust to life with the help of her family, but what PR did with her family was good.
    I genuinely wonder what Claremont was thinking when he wrote "End of Greys." I'd like to think he had longer-range consequences in mind, but I suspect he just did it for the shock value.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    I genuinely wonder what Claremont was thinking when he wrote "End of Greys." I'd like to think he had longer-range consequences in mind, but I suspect he just did it for the shock value.
    My thought was that he was building something for Rachel, but then when he got ill and left the book it was something he never got to.