Page 7 of 324 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    I'm convinced he intended for Hope to be Jean reincarnated but that editorial pre-empted that idea after he left the franchise. So, he did get to write Jean...in a way.

Had Scott and Jean still been together when Fraction came onboard, I honestly don't think his take on her and their relationship would've been too far off from what we got with Emma. By that point, Emma was mostly just functioning as a Jean substitute anyway--Scott's other half, lead telepath, and team mom. Subtract the snark and snotty attitude, and even a lot of the dialogue could've stayed the same.

The only major plot difference would've been Emma's role in Dark Reign.

Greg Land got to draw Jean in Endsong.
    IA with most except the team mom aspect. Thats not a role Emma ever really fufilled. Her attitude and persona was too off putting for that

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

It's cool to see Jean front and center
    https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...10159891795968

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IA with most except the team mom aspect. Thats not a role Emma ever really fufilled. Her attitude and persona was too off putting for that
    She held that role, just in a different way. For all of her snark and bitchiness, she was fiercely protective of all of the students, and always willing to guide and teach them in her own way. I would say Jean does that role better, but Emma still held that role.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    She held that role, just in a different way. For all of her snark and bitchiness, she was fiercely protective of all of the students, and always willing to guide and teach them in her own way. I would say Jean does that role better, but Emma still held that role.
    She was protective of the students but she was rarely like that with the other X-men. Jean was the type of person that would be the first to comfort her colleagues, dish advice, try to make them laugh and overall be a source of warmth to almost everyone. I never got that from Emma and why I cant say she was the "team mom". Even with the students, I found it to be more as a mentor/teacher than mother type role.

Jean is mainly a protector. Emma is the mentor/teacher. They can do both as most senior X-Men can, but I think their talents are fairly evenly split in that camp.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Shame's there no Taylor

Info: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=55408261

Something I like about Jean on this art: Her hair and costume are pretty much matching on this. I think that drawing her with more reddish hair than natural ginger makes the aesthetics overall more appealing lol.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

Something I like about Jean on this art: Her hair and costume are pretty much matching on this. I think that drawing her with more reddish hair than natural ginger makes the aesthetics overall more appealing lol.
    So its true, Asian Psylocke is no more.

Well I guess it's normal, while I always saw Scott as the main leader of the X-men Jean was always the second leader from my perspetive, being she who advised Scott on how to lead and solve the problems that came, even she several times having more initiative than Scott so it is completely normal that she is now the main X-men and their leader.

Interesting that Tom Taylor isn't part of this event. With the X-Men basically getting a reboot in this fall's Uncanny X-Men with Jean seemingly included, I imagine X-Men Red will be ending. Taylor possibly had a heads up since his story is pretty self-contained. I really like his Jean, so if Red does end, hopefully he'll finish it in the way he intended and he'll have a chance to continue writing her in some capacity in the future. I believe X-Men Red also outsells every other X-book, so the X-office would be foolish to let the writer for their top selling book go.

EDIT: Although with some saying that this event is looking like Avengers: No Surrender (which mashed together all the current Avengers books into a weekly for a couple months before rebooting the titles) this probably isn't indicative of what's coming after the event. Whatever comes next, at least there's little doubt Jean will still be front and center.
    Last edited by nightw1ng; 08-10-2018 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She was protective of the students but she was rarely like that with the other X-men. Jean was the type of person that would be the first to comfort her colleagues, dish advice, try to make them laugh and overall be a source of warmth to almost everyone. I never got that from Emma and why I cant say she was the "team mom". Even with the students, I found it to be more as a mentor/teacher than mother type role.
    I always thought of "Team Mom" as the one who watches over everyone to make sure they're okay, while the one to brighten the team and help the senior staff is separate as the "Heart of the Team", which Jean has held longer than anyone by a large margin. I guess I'm seeing semantics. But I can agree with what you're saying.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

Just glorious, I can't wait to see what's in store for Jeannie she deserves it all and more! Also, Psylocke I see you in corner I'll love you no matter what form you take.

It's so nice to see Jean front and center! I hope this only means more and more positive things are on the horizon for her!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

If Hope had ended being Jean reincarnated. Would you guys have liked it?
    How do you think everything would have gone for her?

I think it could have been a cool way to bring her back but she obviously would have to grow up into Jean

BANNED

I'd have liked Hope to have actually been Jean reincarnated, but we got some decent stuff out what actually came about and the character has potential.

I'd actually like to see her on a team with Jean.