Page 81 of 324 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 4846

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    *when you've always been indifferent to Hope and are suddenly going "YES!"*

Wow. That is ominous in the best possible way. I still despise Hope, but I like the idea of her connecting with Jean Grey. I also like the idea of Jean dealing with the death of Cable, especially after she just came back and reconnected with so many friends. Between this and the death of Cyclops, she's dealing with a lot. But heartache tends to bring out the best in her.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

It's important that it's these two writing this one-shot too. Their Jean-as-Redd was fantastic and so was their portrayal of Hope.

They get both Hope and Jean and what Cable meant to them. God.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Spectacular Member

It is such a deja vu. Hope has to mourn her father again. YAAAWWWNNNN! Writers have to stop killing characters for some lazy shock value.

So basically every single family member of Jean Grey has been killed now? Her family, her husband, her son, her affair,...Could we please address this in any way in her character arc? How is Jean not dying again from all that grief and despair? How much pain can this woman come to terms with now that also her son is dead?

...however, I cannot wait to see if it will be addressed if Jean and Hope have any deeper connection that will probably be revealed? It was always quite clear that Hope was intended to be Jean Grey incarnated before the writers decided against it and instead gave us no explanation about Hope at all. Maybe we will find out that the Phoenix shaped Hope after Jean Grey's genetic material or something because Jean refused to come back from the dead?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I love JDW, he is always making sure that people know who is the boss

https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...34648622682114

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

I'm definitely picking that up.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Finally Jean gets to interact with her granddaughter. I hope she has more of a bond with her than Cyclops did
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-11-2018 at 03:58 PM.

I look forward to seeing the interactions between Jean and Hope even if this is a bad time. It must also be very strange for Jean, who will be 30 years old at the most? and she has a son who could be her father as well as a granddaughter who could be her younger sister or daughter if she had been a very young adolescent mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Finally Hean gets to interac with her granddaughter. I hope she has more of a bond with her than Cyclops did
    Yes, I was always sad that Scott did not have a great relationship with his family, especially Cable and Hope, who are his son and granddaughter. I hope it's different with Jean.
    Last edited by JeisonWolf; 09-11-2018 at 03:38 PM.

Ultimate Member

I wonder if Jean will be any nicer to Hope than she has been to Rachel recently...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I wonder if Jean will be any nicer to Hope than she has been to Rachel recently...
    Well, she was very nice to Rachel on the Red annual. That Gold scene was annoying but it was much less significant. I imagine Jean and Hope are gonna get along well... Hope's probably gonna be a bit of a brat as always, but I imagine that there's not that much room for that considering the situation...

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    *when you've always been indifferent to Hope and are suddenly going "YES!"*
    And unironically enough, sentiments shared by many fans of the X-Men. It's always, the connection to Jean that pulls us back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, she was very nice to Rachel on the Red annual. That Gold scene was annoying but it was much less significant. I imagine Jean and Hope are gonna get along well... Hope's probably gonna be a bit of a brat as always, but I imagine that there's not that much room for that considering the situation...
    Let's all quietly forget Gold as it fades into irrelevance, it boggles my mind. I clearly remember Guggs expressing his sheer devotion to Rachel, specifically sharing her fans frustration with her usage and moving her out of Scott and especially Jean's shadow.

How, or where that all derailed into the mangled story Rachel would eventually receive escapes me. He's literally written her worst than she'd previously been done in at least almost two decades at this point.

Anyone else just love Jeannie appearing central in many of these team shots, Cable's smoldering dead body in the front notwithstanding?
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 09-11-2018 at 06:18 PM.

Mighty Member

Yes, yes and yes.
    I wanna see Jean interact with Hope. I’m sold.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    It is such a deja vu. Hope has to mourn her father again. YAAAWWWNNNN! Writers have to stop killing characters for some lazy shock value.

So basically every single family member of Jean Grey has been killed now? Her family, her husband, her son, her affair,...Could we please address this in any way in her character arc? How is Jean not dying again from all that grief and despair? How much pain can this woman come to terms with now that also her son is dead?

...however, I cannot wait to see if it will be addressed if Jean and Hope have any deeper connection that will probably be revealed? It was always quite clear that Hope was intended to be Jean Grey incarnated before the writers decided against it and instead gave us no explanation about Hope at all. Maybe we will find out that the Phoenix shaped Hope after Jean Grey's genetic material or something because Jean refused to come back from the dead?
    Man, marvel don’t care about deep connections. They don’t like putting effort that establish long deep connection.
    They will just narrate it without showing it on panel.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Yes, I was always sad that Scott did not have a great relationship with his family, especially Cable and Hope, who are his son and granddaughter. I hope it's different with Jean.
    If you remove all the super hero stuff Scott may have had the opportunity to be the ideal family man. He had zero concept of what family was like growing up, but since Jean had the exact opposite experience she could have helped him go far in learning how.

But unfortunately one thing Scott isn't good at is dreaming purely for himself. Once Xavier appointed him frontman for his dream Scott was on track for life.

Not sure if this cover has been posted here, if so, sorry for the double post: