Page 83 of 324 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 4846
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Jean with original body Psylocke. Art looks good.

Thanks Juan678 you are always on top of it.
    Anyone else missed the X-men having top notch art, that panel with Jean, Psylocke, Storm, Beast, and Bishop is wonderful. I love when characters look how I imagine them in my mind, I know every artist has a different interpretation but that art is hot!!!!

Another page of Uncanny, the most Jean-focused one, from #3 by Cinar:

Even though I like Pere Perez's art style better, I like how Cinar draws the costume more. The shoulder pads look good here, while on the other page(the one where she's next to Psylocke) they're ugly and round like on the first Red cover by Charest lol.

After re-reading the scene with the two Jeans in Blue today, it makes me appreciate how far young Jean has come since she started. When she first came to the scene she was scared over her future (with good reason) and wanted to do everything she could to defy what she saw as a pre-determined fate, something very in-character for Jean.

But in addition to that not only did she not know or understand her older self, you could see that young Jean may have straight up hated her older self and was doing everything she could to distance herself from what she would eventually become.

But now, after everything she's experienced and actually getting to meet adult Jean, her attitude has changed. She actually enjoys being with her older self and wants to get to know her more. But sadly that can't happen as she has accepted that in this one case she needs to go back and let her destiny play out as it already has.

The interesting part is that this makes her sad in a different way. She feels her experiences have made her a very different person from classic Jean and by erasing this she's erasing herself so she can become a Jean who she just doesn't know that well. So even though this is necessary, she still feels like she's losing herself.

Another related bit is the Beasts discussing how everything needs to be undone for the 05 to go back, including Jean's powers. This probably for sure means adult Jean isn't going to develop teen Jean's psychic energy sponge ability.

Interesting that Bishop, Northstar and Laura are on Jean's team

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Another page of Uncanny, the most Jean-focused one, from #3 by Cinar:

Even though I like Pere Perez's art style better, I like how Cinar draws the costume more. The shoulder pads look good here, while on the other page(the one where she's next to Psylocke) they're ugly and round like on the first Red cover by Charest lol.
    art is pretty great, Cinar is great artist but bit underrated,.

It was about time to have consistent good art on x-men books

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I just realized she's been on teams with each of them at separate times.
    Bishop - Gold
    Northstar - Eve of Destruction
    Laura - Red

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Mainly in that Bishop and Laura have also been seen with Ororo.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

So there's only one more page with Jean and Jeen. Glad I didn't buy that.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    So there's only one more page with Jean and Jeen. Glad I didn't buy that.
    Well,comics are 20pages & there are 4+1 of them.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Well,comics are 20pages & there are 4+1 of them.
    Yeah. I didn't know it was going to be focused on the interactions of all the other O5 and their futures as well. I was hoping for a little more interaction and Old Jeen actually proceeding to Phoenix the crap out of Galactus.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

It’s nice to see Jean interacting with all the x-men again. Guessing this is Jean’s team for this mission. What is going on with Maddrox.
    First X-Lady

I am excited for Uncanny X-men. I love Jean interacting with Bishop, NorthStar, and others shown in the preview. I love that Jean is shown being aggressive with her tk powers. I love X-men Red and I am loving Taylor's writing but he portrays Jean as a little too passive (so far). I like Jean when she wants to act out her pacifist ideals but she just doesn't quite live up to it. I want to see a Jean who will do what must be done even if it challenges her beliefs or core values (think Prue Halliwell).

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    It’s nice to see Jean interacting with all the x-men again. Guessing this is Jean’s team for this mission. What is going on with Maddrox.
    So he's just back from the dead and he's gone evil or is he being controlled?

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I love X-men Red and I am loving Taylor's writing but he portrays Jean as a little too passive (so far). I like Jean when she wants to act out her pacifist ideals but she just doesn't quite live up to it. I want to see a Jean who will do what must be done even if it challenges her beliefs or core values (think Prue Halliwell).
    You haft to tread lightly though or else you slowly start to lose yourself and become what you were trying to fight against. Did things go well for Pru?

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    So he's just back from the dead and he's gone evil or is he being controlled?
    That or he’s lost control of his powers.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I am excited for Uncanny X-men. I love Jean interacting with Bishop, NorthStar, and others shown in the preview. I love that Jean is shown being aggressive with her tk powers. I love X-men Red and I am loving Taylor's writing but he portrays Jean as a little too passive (so far). I like Jean when she wants to act out her pacifist ideals but she just doesn't quite live up to it. I want to see a Jean who will do what must be done even if it challenges her beliefs or core values (think Prue Halliwell).
    I think in general Taylor is just much more interested on the TP side of her powers than the TK.