Page 285 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1852352752812822832842852862872882892953353857851285 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,275 of 20948
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I think the real problem about releasing the Snyder cut of JL is that it's an "incomplete" story as it sets and teases what was supposed to going on in 2 unmade sequels (JL 2 & 3).
    I don't really care and I don't think most people care, it's more about the support for the filmmaker to see his entire work released, trust it would be much different if nothing was shot and the cut (actually cuts) didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    from the article
    So he's essentially playing the comic character from the Lieberman run of Harley's solo. Nice to see them reach that far back with Harley's lore since it would have been the easiest thing in the world to use newer characters like Big Tony or Coach

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Miller is basically the one person keeping this movie alive. Shame his script w Morrison was turned down.
    I disagree. My view is that Miller is the one person who is so dug in on a vision, and holds leverage as an up and coming star, that the film keeps going through pre-production hell until he's happy.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Anything that is good from snyder came from earth one and other comics. He didn't do anything that hasn't been done with superman before. That was what i was saying.snyder's "vision" didn't make superman anymore relatable or relevant than he was before.since he didn't do anything original. Anything,of his own, like pa kent death was straight up controversial.
    Rebirth, didn't make tall claims that it made superman relatable or exciting or great suddenly. It was never about that. Rebirth gave for the first time in his life something personal to fight for. Something he always wanted. A family. A son. Please!! Rebirth supermen made the plenty questionable decisions like him allowing his son to be a superhero(even though he didn't have much of a choice), him storing prisoner in fortress.. Etc. I might add rebirth superman is more relatable than man of steel one and without all the monotonous nonsense.
    I repeat, snyder didn't reimagine anything. He just used what came before. He didn't do anything original. So, people claiming snyder made of something that 80 years of superman writers haven't is false and arrogant.
    I only jumped into this discussion because of that. I liked man of steel, but hated bvs. But, i hate this notion that snyder's vision is the "be all and end all" of superman or he did something magical so that haters can relate to superman suddenly .i can't understand that, i never will.
    And i believe, that people are clamouring for a true blue superman for once. Not a, so called "reimagining". Don't make tall claims about the character or expect something that is clearly not possible. If they couldn't write a story like that,then should have straight up adaptated a story . Adapt, birthright or secret origins or anything really. It's not like superman doesn't have an orgin story. He has too many to count.
    First of all his (and Goyer's) integration of Brave New World ideas into Kryptonian mythos was actually unique and inspired take. His relationship with the army and the gaining trust, from "shoot them all" to "put down your weapons, he's not out enemy" (Smallville battle is probably my favorite CBM action sequence ever) was superb. The question whether the world is ready for Superman, or more like, an alien superbeing, is also an interesting angle in the form he presented it. And I specifically emphasized on Snyder's "Does the world need Superman" above all others because he actually put it in the real world. Not only was it done with the touch of an artist (and score of genius!), but it felt authentic and true, as if Superman was real. That's a feat, no matter what naysayers say. Of course he didn't recreate the character out of nothing, if I'm not mistaken he himself named what comics he looked at, clearly Birthright, Secret Origin, Earth One and Man of Steel bits were used, but ultimately it was his own way of combining the bits. Never in his "lifetime" was Zod so intense, actually understandable and well-motivated character, too. He overdid Doomsday, though. There was no need for that, imo.
    Wow having a child to be a superhero, like every single other child of a superhero in a comics! Such an edgelord. Cmon. Snyder's Superman clearly lacked layers, I wholeheartedly agree. But I don't relate to utter good guy like the definition of Superman you're clamoring for, so let's not pretend it's some universally beloved theme. I was also wholeheartedly for less perfect Superman, but one that strives to be better every time. That's the main theme for the character I will always want to see.
    I actually liked UC of BvS more than MoS, I found it to be a very engaging flick with less holes in narrative. Though some of the stuff was hard to swallow, Lex Luthor being the prime example. But geeks like you could actually see how it is clearly inspired by the younger versions from the very comics I mentioned before.
    Snyder's Superman isn't "be all and end all" Superman. If that what bothers you so much we can now end this discussion with me admitting this much. For me, Snyder got the world (the actual world I mean, not "Superman's world" aka people he cares about) around Superman and the "concept of Superman" absolutely amazing, but didn't do well the personal stuff. I also didn't feel Cavill's and Adams' rapport. Cavill is perfect as Supe, can't see anyone else now. Which isn't the case for Lois at all. Nothing against Amy, she's amazing, it's just not all roles are for everyone.
    Last edited by adamTPTK; 07-03-2019 at 11:33 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    I disagree. My view is that Miller is the one person who is so dug in on a vision, and holds leverage as an up and coming star, that the film keeps going through pre-production hell until he's happy.
    Same thing in my opinion, I would like to see his vision realized

Same thing in my opinion, I would like to see his vision realized
    Well, I guess we'll have to see if Miller and the current creative team mesh better then with past ones.

I honestly was not expecting The Flash to be the property to have to struggle for a director and creative direction.

It's kind of getting sadder than that "Gambit" thing Fox was trying to get off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It's kind of getting sadder than that "Gambit" thing Fox was trying to get off the ground.
    Man, Tatum's Gambit. That lasted way longer then it should have .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I guess we'll have to see if Miller and the current creative team mesh better then with past ones.

I honestly was not expecting The Flash to be the property to have to struggle for a director and creative direction.
    I’m still not expecting Miller to stay attached to this movie. Didn’t his contract with WB run out recently? I know the studio is high on him but they seem to be on two different paths in regard to how they want to make the movie.

I actually didn’t mind him as Barry. I felt it was a more modern take on the Silver Age Barry Allen. He was an awkward science nerd who wore bow ties and read comics. Nerds are considered “cool” today. Or at least the Hollywood version of nerds. Obviously he doesn’t look the part but I thought he was fine in the role.

I think The Flash tv show has been a huge hinderance to the movie. Yeah it introduced a Who new audience to the character but they also drove the evil speedster thing into the ground. The hype over the show has died down so maybe it will give the movie a chance to be its own thing. Or they could do an Into the Spider-verse thing and have Grant do a cameo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    All because Tatum really wanted to play Gambit and studios wanted a vehicle for him. Wasn't even worth getting hyped about

Miller comes off as a knowlegeable and passionate fan. I'm really routing for him because I connect with his adoration of the character.

I appreciate Miller's enthusiasm but I've just never really bought into him as The Flash.

I think it's a problem when your actor/portrayal comes off more like Kid Flash then the actual Flash.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adamTPTK View Post
    First of all his (and Goyer's) integration of Brave New World ideas into Kryptonian mythos was actually unique and inspired take. His relationship with the army and the gaining trust, from "shoot them all" to "put down your weapons, he's not out enemy" (Smallville battle is probably my favorite CBM action sequence ever) was superb. The question whether the world is ready for Superman, or more like, an alien superbeing, is also an interesting angle in the form he presented it. And I specifically emphasized on Snyder's "Does the world need Superman" above all others because he actually put it in the real world. Not only was it done with the touch of an artist (and score of genius!), but it felt authentic and true, as if Superman was real
    .That's a feat, no matter what naysayers say. Of course he didn't recreate the character out of nothing, if I'm not mistaken he himself named what comics he looked at, clearly Birthright, Secret Origin, Earth One and Man of Steel bits were used, but ultimately it was his own way of combining the bits. Never in his "lifetime" was Zod so intense, actually understandable and well-motivated character, too. He overdid Doomsday, though. There was no need for that, imo.

Wow having a child to be a superhero, like every single other child of a superhero in a comics! Such an edgelord

Cmon. Snyder's Superman clearly lacked layers, I wholeheartedly agree. But I don't relate to utter good guy like the definition of Superman you're clamoring for, so let's not pretend it's some universally beloved theme. I was also wholeheartedly for less perfect Superman, but one that strives to be better every time. That's the main theme for the character I will always want to see.
    I actually liked UC of BvS more than MoS, I found it to be a very engaging flick with less holes in narrative. Though some of the stuff was hard to swallow, Lex Luthor being the prime example. But geeks like you could actually see how it is clearly inspired by the younger versions from the very comics I mentioned before.
    Snyder's Superman isn't "be all and end all" Superman. If that what bothers you so much we can now end this discussion with me admitting this much. For me, Snyder got the world (the actual world I mean, not "Superman's world" aka people he cares about) around Superman and the "concept of Superman" absolutely amazing, but didn't do well the personal stuff. I also didn't feel Cavill's and Adams' rapport. Cavill is perfect as Supe, can't see anyone else now. Which isn't the case for Lois at all. Nothing against Amy, she's amazing, it's just not all roles are for everyone.
    Again, @bold None of these things are "never been done before", so superman suddenly being "relatable" by these things which he wasn't for haters is something i don't understand. I never argued that these things were done badly.
    Again, i only jumped into this convo because someone said snyder made superman "relatable" period which he implied superman wasn't before .which is bullshit. Snyder's vision borrows from what came before. So, how can someone claim that snyder made superman "relatable" all of a sudden?

@underlined It is a big deal for rebirth superman because he wanted a normal life for his son. He didn't want jon to go through life like an outsider. Clark struggles with family, normaly. He never had true blue sidekick before like jon. He is not batman . He never had to mentor anyone from scratch and be a guide. Screwing jon up would be like "tearing up his own arm" (line from from man who has everything ) . That might not be edgy enough for you. But it is very much relatable. Fear of screwing up your son, just cause your own perspective in life is different than normal. It is a simple and effective motivation for a guy who spent his life hiding secrets from his friends and peers,feeling alone and like an outsider.
    Also, there are interpretations of superman that hates child soldier nonesense. Like this one.

Like i said, rebirth didn't set out or claim to make superman anything that he wasn't before(except for a family man). It just fulfilled his desire and completed his family like he wanted in "for the man who has everything". Gave him a son just like in "whatever happened to the man of tomorrow". The only difference is the story doesn't end there.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-04-2019 at 07:55 AM.

Watched Justice League vs the Fatal Five yesterday.

Man, that sucked. Like, gee, that's Green Lantern movie level of bad.

To be fair I think JL vs FF did more favors to Jess than GL 2011 did to Hal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Part of Superman Returns whole plot was the question "Does the World need Superman?".
    That was one of the plot lines of Supergirl this season. Though it was more framed as long as there is another Super flying about.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    EXCLUSIVE: Vanessa Kirby On Matt Reeves’ Radar For Catwoman In ‘The Batman’: https://thegww.com/exclusive-vanessa...in-the-batman/
    I hope she doesn't pull a Michelle Pfeiffer and instead dyes her hair black for the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I appreciate Miller's enthusiasm but I've just never really bought into him as The Flash.

I think it's a problem when your actor/portrayal comes off more like Kid Flash then the actual Flash.
    He did seem to have a Keiynan Lonsdale version of Wally West vibe to him.