Page 135 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 35851251311321331341351361371381391451852356351135 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    So we can have a bunch of bland, homogenized superhero movie that all start to look the same after a while? I'd rather have a studio that tries to be innovative even if they fall flat on their ass once in a while.
    I don't think anyone is asking for homogenized and bland Superhero movies, but I think fans would appreciate it if more focus was put towards WB/DC's core brands then to immediately make a spinoff out of one element in Aquaman.
    A Trench movie sounds more original.
    I mean, just a movie about people in Aquaman's life and not necessarily him sounds pretty original in my book .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think anyone is asking for homogenized and bland Superhero movies, but I think fans would appreciate it if more focus was put towards WB/DC's core brands then to immediately make a spinoff out of one element in Aquaman.

I mean, just a movie about people in Aquaman's life and not necessarily him sounds pretty original in my book .
    The aqua-family getting a movie would be pretty original since they have never appeared in live-action.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Grace Randolph's sources are saying talks for a Black Canary solo film are underway.

Last edited by Castling; 02-09-2019 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Grace Randolph's sources are saying talks for a Black Canary solo film are underway.

And her movie hasn't even come out yet .

Well, hopefully we're getting a Black Canary worth doing a solo movie for.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    We're not the general audience, we're the hardcore audience. If I was more concerned with what the general audience thinks I would not be interested in what people have to say in places like this. No offense, but I don't understand what people try to do when they bring up the "general audience" argument. This isn't about what the general audience thinks, it's about what we, the fans of these characters, think. If our opinions are supposed to be less important than the opinions of the people who watch these movies for casual entertainment, then why do we even discuss these characters in the first place.
    Maybe folks are fed up with the behavior of the so-called hardcore fan. Whose behavior is starting to make everyone look bad.

General audiences understand what is in the comic or book is not always the same onscreen and that is all right.

Hardcore fans are the ones trying to boycott films or attack folks instead of taking the movies for what they are-entertainment.

Hardcore fans want to gate keep folks out of the hobby. Eventually they get left behind because the studio finally realizes you can't rely on Batman & Superman forever. NO matter how many Hardcore fans say otherwise.

Hardcore fans are not the main reason for the success of WW, Aquaman, Black Panther, GOTG, Iron Man, Cap America, Young Justice cartoon, Static, CW shows, Deadpool, Thor, GOTG & other comic related projects.

If they had their way NONE of these would have been made.

Hardcore fans are making themselves irrelevant. With each toy or book they destroy online or attacks on folks like Brie Larson or threats of violence. They are irrelevant.

Just go with Vixen if they want a Black Female led superhero film. Enough with the hand me down raceswaps!

Edit: I like Jurnee as Black Canary btw, just not a fan of the first Black female led superhero film in the modern age being a raceswap.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Maybe folks are fed up with the behavior of the so-called hardcore fan. Whose behavior is starting to make everyone look bad.

General audiences understand what is in the comic or book is not always the same onscreen and that is all right.

Hardcore fans are the ones trying to boycott films or attack folks instead of taking the movies for what they are-entertainment.

Hardcore fans want to gate keep folks out of the hobby. Eventually they get left behind because the studio finally realizes you can't rely on Batman & Superman forever. NO matter how many Hardcore fans say otherwise.

Hardcore fans are not the main reason for the success of WW, Aquaman, Black Panther, GOTG, Iron Man, Cap America, Young Justice cartoon, Static, CW shows, Deadpool, Thor, GOTG & other comic related projects.

If they had their way NONE of these would have been made.

Hardcore fans are making themselves irrelevant. With each toy or book they destroy online or attacks on folks like Brie Larson or threats of violence. They are irrelevant.
    Why do you have this constant need to make everything about race, gender, "gate keeping" or harassment? The vast majority of the hardcore audience does not behave the way you're describing. If you only see those few rotten apples who conveniently happen to be the only ones the media decides to cover, that's your choice. Don't give me the success of those movies to try to prove that hardcore fans are irrelevant, nobody tried to credit the niche audience for making Marvel or DC movies a global success, the point was that if I wanted to know what the general audience thinks about something, I would not try to discuss that subject with fellow fans here. Whenever I converse with people who are interested in these characters on more than a superficial level, I could not care less about what the "general audience" thinks.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-09-2019 at 10:49 PM.

Would prefer a Vixen movie but a Black Canary solo sounds good too, especially if it serves as an in for Oliver Q.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Just go with Vixen if they want a Black Female led superhero film. Enough with the hand me down raceswaps!

Edit: I like Jurnee as Black Canary btw, just not a fan of the first Black female led superhero film in the modern age being a raceswap.
    I totally agree. Wish they would just go with Vixen. Such an awesome character. I really dislike that anyone who is not a fan of changing a character’s ethnicity is instantly labeled a racist. Changing a character’s ethnicity makes them a different character. No one starts off in life exactly the same way. People most likely have very different life experiences depending on their ethnicity, especially in the US.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

The way Vixen gets treated is just so sad.

I would take anything Grace says with a huge grain of salt.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Would prefer a Vixen movie but a Black Canary solo sounds good too, especially if it serves as an in for Oliver Q.
    I don’t think they’ll add Ollie. They’ll probably want her to be independent. We’re in the “need no man feminism” age after all. Not saying that’s a problem.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I would take anything Grace says with a huge grain of salt.
    I would too, but this isn't the first time we've heard rumblings of Vixen being on WB's radar. Same people who called Blue Beetle, also listed the likes of Vixen and the Hawks as potential films.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Actually, I could see James Wan do a "Justice League Dark" film, featuring more horror elements.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I would too, but this isn't the first time we've heard rumblings of Vixen being on WB's radar. Same people who called Blue Beetle, also listed the likes of Vixen and the Hawks as potential films.
    That doesn't mean she's right about them wanting to do a Black Canary film.