Page 175 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 751251651711721731741751761771781791852252756751175 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 20948
    where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

If nothing else, they can always have Darkseid snack on a few carrot sticks. :P

Let's see Thanos do that!

Yeah, either go full petty Darkseid or full "Elderitch avatar of tyranny, his physichal form is a mere shell" Darkseid.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    The reason why the initial DCEU movies failed were not because they emulated Marvel: it was because they were poorly made and unfun movies with little positive message.
    I would also go so far as to say that rather than emulating, they were trying to present counter programming to what Marvel is putting out. It is very obvious their initial plan was to fill out a niche for themselves by produced darker, more adult superhero movies in the vein of Nolan's Batman films, meaning something different than the (typically) lighthearted fare Marvel does. Ironically, their biggest success, Aquaman, is the one that quite a few critics and fans have said reminds them tonally and structurally of an MCU movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    If nothing else, they can always have Darkseid snack on a few carrot sticks. :P

Let's see Thanos do that!
    Well, he lives on a farm now, so... .
    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Ironically, their biggest success, Aquaman, is the one that quite a few critics and fans have said reminds them tonally and structurally of an MCU movie.
    Although Wonder Woman was also fairly successful, and I'd say tonally it was different enough from the tone of most Marvel movies.

I'm curious if Shazam will be viewed similarly.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, he lives on a farm now, so... .

Although Wonder Woman was also fairly successful, and I'd say tonally it was different enough from the tone of most Marvel movies.

I'm curious if Shazam will be viewed similarly.
    never understood why WW didn't do better worldwide, maybe WB didn't promote it enough?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Grace Randolph is RAVING about how good Shazam is! According to her, WB has somehow managed to hide A LOT about this movie. Lots of surprises.

Get hyped!

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Grace Randolph is RAVING about how good Shazam is! According to her, WB has somehow managed to hide A LOT about this movie. Lots of surprises.

Get hyped!

I'd be interested to see what they were able to "hide" since it's been pretty much a given that it'll follow the New 52 Shazam story almost beat by beat.

Merchandise have spoiled the adult designs for the other kids and the Seven Enemies of Man.

Maybe they actually managed to fit in a cameo from another DC hero?

I'm curious about that board meeting scene she's raving about.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I would also go so far as to say that rather than emulating, they were trying to present counter programming to what Marvel is putting out. It is very obvious their initial plan was to fill out a niche for themselves by produced darker, more adult superhero movies in the vein of Nolan's Batman films, meaning something different than the (typically) lighthearted fare Marvel does. Ironically, their biggest success, Aquaman, is the one that quite a few critics and fans have said reminds them tonally and structurally of an MCU movie.
    To be fair Kevin Feige has stated that Superman: The Movie was a huge influence on the style of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Just watch the helicopter rescue scene and you can see a lot of similarities. Drama mixed with bits of comedy but overall enjoyable for the whole family.

I’m really surprised this isn’t brought up more when people say that “DC is now copying Marvel’s style”.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    To be fair Kevin Feige has stated that Superman: The Movie was a huge influence on the style of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Just watch the helicopter rescue scene and you can see a lot of similarities. Drama mixed with bits of comedy but overall enjoyable for the whole family.

I’m really surprised this isn’t brought up more when people say that “DC is now copying Marvel’s style”.
    Or just look at the DCAU, where I think you can see some of the formula for successful Superhero stories that I think Marvel Studios have captured for their films.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

But wow what a moment....
    Screenshot_20190323-191605.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Holy Moly! Go Billy !

All it took was kicking Snyder to the curb to turn it around. Hats off to Sandberg and the Shazam cast, sounds like they knocked it out of the park.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Yep, for this movie we'll care about RT's scores. This will prevent the large contingent of posters from having to pretend that RT doesn't matter.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    All it took was kicking Snyder to the curb to turn it around. Hats off to Sandberg and the Shazam cast, sounds like they knocked it out of the park.
    Yes, but Birds of Prey looks like it was right out of the Snyder playbook.