Page 214 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1141642042102112122132142152162172182242643147141214 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Batista presumably still has one appearance as Drax in the can for GOTG Vol. 3 as well and I don't think Marvel Studios would be open to him playing a DC role before that.
    Cases like Brolin and supporting characters are free to do what they want but yeah I believe it was Hemsworth who let it drop the main MCU actors can't do rival comic films.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

An update from Variety's Justin Kroll:

"Couple things I forgot to add on this: First this was the role originally intended by for Bautista but due to his massive work schedule, he had to pass. Also I couldn't confirm but believe Cena would be playing Peacemaker in the film"

https://twitter.com/krolljvar/status...04734875652096

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    https://variety.com/2019/film/news/j...-2-1203191618/

John Cena is in talks to play a yet-to-be-revealed role in James Gunn's Suicide Squad.

Retired

I recall that in Hollywood's "Golden Age," actors were under contract and couldn't leave to do other projects without the studio giving them leave (and I think the other studio had to pay the home studio for that). This meant that some actors were not able to have the kind of career they would like, because they were under contract and were forced to do movies that were not in their best interest. But can studios get away with that now? If, in an alternate reality, Gunn had never come back to Disney and Dave Bautista had walked, would he be prevented from working at any other studio, because he was still under contract--or could he break his contract, pay a fine, and go somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Cases like Brolin and supporting characters are free to do what they want but yeah I believe it was Hemsworth who let it drop the main MCU actors can't do rival comic films.
    Yeah, we've been having Djimon Hounsou jumping between the Big Two pretty frequently but he's always been playing supporting characters (albeit a major one with The Wizard).

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I recall that in Hollywood's "Golden Age," actors were under contract and couldn't leave to do other projects without the studio giving them leave (and I think the other studio had to pay the home studio for that). This meant that some actors were not able to have the kind of career they would like, because they were under contract and were forced to do movies that were not in their best interest. But can studios get away with that now?
    That basically died out by the time I was born in the mid-'60s, Jim - at least for the big studios.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Cena is a great choice. Dude is seriously funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Cena is a great choice. Dude is seriously funny.
    I thought he was decent in Bumblebee, acting-wise.

(I hope Gunn doesn't go as hard for comedy here as he did with the Guardians).

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    That basically died out by the time I was born in the mid-'60s, Jim - at least for the big studios.
    They're not as long or draconian, but actors still sign contracts with studios. For example, Edward Norton was famously under contract to appear in a certain number of films produced by Disney/Paramount in the early 00's leading to him being "forced" to be in the American remake of the Italian Job and pretty much tanking his performance as revenge.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

FINALLY got the chance to see Shazam!.
    Loved it.Just a fun family friendly film.
    Great performance by Zach and Ashner!
    Mark Strong, as always, delivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Can you imagine him as Bane?
    Or what about Catman?

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Kevin Feige already debunked that. Disney has nothing written in their actors contracts that says actors can't take other superhero roles.

Juggling lead roles in two different ongoing franchises is too much work for most actors which is the real reason it is unlikely to happen.

Hemsworth said Marvel taking roles at DC was 'illegal' when he was asked about it a Aussie convention but he was likely just being hyperbolic.

Dave Bautista is a busy guy. He may already be contracted to another job and the scheduling just didn't allow him to also take a role in Suicide Squad 2. These things happen.

Peacemaker is rumored to be one of the cannon fodder Squad members. If Cena does land the role then it will probably be a one picture deal.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    Just feels like a good character to expand the DCEU with. He's likable, he's not totally unknown, he's "fun" and "funny" (for the Rotten Tomatoes crowd) and he helps balance the DCEU with non-Gotham world building. I think Ollie would be a huge hit with the General Audience.
    Garrett Hedlund gets fan cast for a lot of superhero roles but I think he would be really well suited to playing Oliver Queen/Green Arrow.

Retired

Ideally the actors getting cast to play these heroes--especiallly in their origin stories--shouldn't be more than thirty years old. From the perspective of getting a great actor to play the character, I'm on board for having older actors in the part. But when I put on my comic book purist hat, it bugs me that so many old men and old ladies are playing chacters that should be in their teens and twenties.

I remember this bugged me when I saw the first BATMAN movie with Michael Keaton. Bruce was supposed to be 38--why would he become the Batman so late in life? At that age, he should have been near the end of his legend, not at the beginning. It's one of those things that irks me a little. And if the actor is successful and does more sequels, he or she just gets older and older. I'd prefer younger actors get the chance and age into the character.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    They're not as long or draconian, but actors still sign contracts with studios. For example, Edward Norton was famously under contract to appear in a certain number of films produced by Disney/Paramount in the early 00's leading to him being "forced" to be in the American remake of the Italian Job and pretty much tanking his performance as revenge.
    Right, but that's very different than starting out as a contract player for MGM back in the Golden Age of Hollywood.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?