Page 108 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 858981041051061071081091101111121181582086081108 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 20948

Theyre obviously not gonna ignore the fact that other heroes exist in their world (Aquaman teaming up with the other heroes to stop Steppenwolf’s invasion was referenced and we’ve seen that Shazam has news paper clippings of Superman and Batman), but it’s good that they aren’t going to force any story crossovers.

Forcing or rushing a shared universe didn't really help the movies, so I think re-focusing on solo movies is a good idea .

And let's get more movies out there that aren't about Harley Quinn .

Retired

When I was watching GLASS today, it occurred to me that this movie and SHAZAM! could be in their own shared universe. They both take place in Philadelphia, they both have a character who lives in a foster home with a bunch of other kids and they both have people talking about super-heroes.

BANNED

What is this? Charles Roven came out and said this after BvS released. Geoff Johns, Walter Hamada, and Diane Nelson have ALL said this on separate occasions, and yet somehow it's still "breaking news" that DC isn't focusing on the shared universe.

This sucks because media outlets are just reigniting old ass conversations about DC that have already been had, stuff like "oh this is risky" or "we know their track record this is a bad idea" etc. This is OLD NEWS people!!! DC and WB's achievements are swept under the rug because some dude wanted to rehash years old articles
    Last edited by Elmo; 01-19-2019 at 12:35 PM.

BANNED

I wish "journalists" could look at an interview and be like "well, this is already old news that people have known for a while, so I probably shouldn't dedicate an ENTIRE article to it, right?"

Seems like a no-brainer. Let the solo films stand on their own merits with some respectful nods to other characters. Sort of like the paraplegic foster child in Shazam wearing an Aquaman t-shirt in the preview. No need to rush into another crossover.

I noticed after seeing Aquaman that Arthur is certainly more "invulnerable" than Diana in Wonder Woman, who is susceptible to bullet fire apparently. While bullets and grenades and lasers can certainly affect Arthur they don't necessarily harm him to any fatal extent. She may be physically stronger and certainly faster (on land). Are we sure Diana is more powerful than Arthur in the movieverse? I think the heaviest thing she's lifted is a tank whereas Arthur lifted (or at least moved) a nuclear submarine.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Seems like a no-brainer. Let the solo films stand on their own merits with some respectful nods to other characters. Sort of like the paraplegic foster child in Shazam wearing an Aquaman t-shirt in the preview. No need to rush into another crossover.

I noticed after seeing Aquaman that Arthur is certainly more "invulnerable" than Diana in Wonder Woman, who is susceptible to bullet fire apparently. While bullets and grenades and lasers can certainly affect Arthur they don't necessarily harm him to any fatal extent. She may be physically stronger and certainly faster (on land). Are we sure Diana is more powerful than Arthur in the movieverse? I think the heaviest thing she's lifted is a tank whereas Arthur lifted (or at least moved) a nuclear submarine.
    Johns definitely beefed up Aquaman’s strength level during his run. Even going so far as to have him punch the hell out of Superman and not break his hand. I think the movie Aquaman is along those lines. But it works as they needed to overcome the character’s stigma of him being a joke and the “guy who talks to fish.” Thankfully I think those days are over.

Diana still seemed to be building up her powers in 1918. In the Justice League movie she was the only one who made Superman flinch when he was fighting the team. So her strength may be on par or even exceed Arthur’s at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Forcing or rushing a shared universe didn't really help the movies, so I think re-focusing on solo movies is a good idea .

And let's get more movies out there that aren't about Harley Quinn .
    I think everyone will probably end up getting a trilogy. Wonder Wonder is surely going to get a WW 3 after WW 84. Unless something happens to WB Aqauman will get a 2 & 3. Pretty sure Matt Reeves is going to do
    a The Batman trilogy. So after Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn), unless it totally bombs they are going to go ahead with Gotham City Sirens and Birds of Prey v Gotham City Sirens.

I think in the case of Wonder Woman one of her defining traits is deflecting bullets with the wrist bracelets. So they had to showcase that. But even in the Wonder Woman TV show she intentionally took a bullet in the shoulder and it
    didn't harm her. Wonder Woman lifted that tank 100 years ago in the movie. In more recent time she seemed powerful enough to take on Doomsday in BvS. And fared about as well against Superman and Steppenwolf as Aquaman
    did in Justice League. So she has probably gotten stronger as time went on.
    Side note. I was amused to see Aquaman lift that Submarine because back in the season 3 premiere of Supergirl, Supergirl also lifted a Submarine out of the water and a few hundred feet into the air. I thought to myself, where have
    I seen this scene before? So Aquaman was at least able to match the strength of a Kryptonian in that instance. Waiting to see if Aquaman can lift a large building, like Superman and Supergirl were able to do.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Like others have said, Diana's powers are still developing in her film. She isn't at her full strength. The bullets and bracelets thing being iconic and needing to stick around unfortunately means that we will probably be plagued by "is she immune to bullets or not?" debates for all time, but I think those weapons would be about as ineffective against her than Arthur, if not more so.

She held her own against Doomsday. Her hits didn't deal quite as much damage as Clark's maybe, but her better experience means she avoided being hit as much as him and could deal out more attacks. And while she lost against Superman way too quickly in JL, she still dealt him more of a blow than Aquaman who got swatted aside. Which is about where that ranking should be IMO.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Some new Shazam footage:

Retired

I suppose I'll soon have to stop checking out this thread, as I don't need to know anymore about SHAZAM! I already know I'm going to see it, so anymore info would just ruin the movie for me. It was the same with AQUAMAN, I had to make an effort to avoid teasers and spoilers for the movie a few months before it came out, so I could enjoy the experience. It's too bad the reveal of the orange and green costume was already spoiled--I would have liked to see that for the first time in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Some new Shazam footage:
    Transformation looks on-point .

Only kids would actually go shopping for a Superhero lair .

That Sivana punch was very reminiscent of the Man of Steel fight. I like that.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-20-2019 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Some new Shazam footage:
    Both trailer have had scenes that made me lough out loud. The transformation looks amazing. I’m glad they understand what makes Shazam/Cap Marvel the ultimate wishfullfilment character.