Page 373 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2733233633693703713723733743753763773834234738731373 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,595 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Because his fanbase is cultish, toxic and ruin civil discourse.
    You just described the anti-Snyder crowd to a T.

Theres also the general feeling that he should just move on instead of stirring the hornets nest every week or two.
    Advice the people who hate Snyder and the DCEU should take.

Retired

Not to be a broken record, but I want comic book based movies that are about more than just super-heroes. The more super-hero movies we get from Marvel and DC, the more people think of those comic books as just being about super-heroes. And then it becomes a self-reinforcing feedback loop: the more super-hero movies we get, the more Marvel and DC just develop their super-hero properties, the more super-hero movies we get.

JOKER might be spun off from super-hero comics, but the movie itself is almost completely not a super-hero movie. That leaves a crack open for more comic book based movies that aren't super-hero movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Isn't Suicide Squad a team of villains? When did Arm-Fall-Off-Boy become a villain?
    The Squad has had some heroic characters like Vixen and Nightshade.

In this day and age there will probably be people offended that an Asian wasn't cast in the role.
    I doubt that highly.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You just described the anti-Snyder crowd to a T

See...

Do either of you get that you're actually both right?

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    See...

With respect, I'm not the one obsessing over a 2 year old cinematic failure and demanding that a buisnesses release said failure in a new format. We've moved on.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Why are we talking about the Snyder Cut when Joker is wrecking shop and is without a doubt the more interesting topic? And I don't even love it the way others do!

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    See...

To be fair the DCEU is ongoing so someone can keep talking about it so long as it's still going. The Snyder films are over, that era of the DCEU is long gone and the Snyder Cut does not exist.

Completely different things.

Fantastic Member

Sooo...no.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You just described the anti-Snyder crowd to a T.

I loved Shazam and like Aquaman and WW thought SS and JL were Meh and hated the MOS and BvS. I've also seen pretty everything DC has ever put to film including TV Series, Animation, Movies, and Serials so can people like me who think Snyder isn't a good story teller not be automatically called Anti DC or even DCEU?

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Why are we talking about the Snyder Cut when Joker is wrecking shop and is without a doubt the more interesting topic? And I don't even love it the way others do!
    Because "Muh Snyder cut" and a Director who just cant get to work on his new work.

Astonishing Member

Because "Muh Snyder cut" and a Director who just cant get to work on his new work.
    If he keeps on posting snippets of a box office failure two years ago(and I liked the film) he's not going to be getting any new work from any other studio. He might be labelled 'toxic' already for not moving on.

So WB/DC has had 4 film successes:WW, Aquaman, Shazam, and now Joker. Do they feel confident enough to reveal a film slate I wonder? We know the first three are all getting sequels and there will probably be more Elseworld films but beyond that we don’t know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So WB/DC has had 4 film successes:WW, Aquaman, Shazam, and now Joker. Do they feel confident enough to reveal a film slate I wonder? We know the first three are all getting sequels and there will probably be more Elseworld films but beyond that we don’t know anything.
    I don't know if WB can release a film slate when for the most part the movies they make seem so all over the place production-wise and narratively. It would just come off like they're flying by the seat of their pants in my opinion.

Because his fanbase is cultish, toxic and ruin civil discourse. Theres also the general feeling that he should just move on instead of stirring the hornets nest every week or two.
    Exactly. It's been two years. He hasn't even seen JL. He just releases storyboards he draws in his spare time which fires up his fanbase to spam every single Twitter thread having to do with WB/DC and the employees there. You can't even have a decent conversation with someone like David Sandberg before the Snyderbros swarm the thread.

He's the ex that won't move on, even though the old girlfriend is married and has a fourth kid on the way.
    WTF is that?

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Depressing for me, because this is exactly the kind of comic book movie I don't want.
    You and me both. I think I'm done with the genre of movie.