Page 245 of 275 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 4125
  1. #3661
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    My only problem is that such a story will inevitably depict socialism as a bad thing. If I had the script, I would write it so that Superman was crash landed in Vermont where he is discovered and raised by a young Bernie Sanders.
    How does Burnie Sanders equal Red Sun Superman?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  2. #3662
    Relic Seeker Pinsir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ravnica
    Posts
    3,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    How does Burnie Sanders equal Red Sun Superman?
    The story needs to be updated to fit the times.
    Want to read Wonder Woman stories, but don't know where to start? Check out my top 10 lists for Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age and Modern Age Wonder Woman tales!

    I don't dislike the MCU films because they're Marvel branded, I dislike them because they're bad films.

  3. #3663
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    The story needs to be updated to fit the times.
    Okay, that makes no sense. The story is based around the idea of Cold War fear. It's a period piece.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  4. #3664
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I agree that SS was a weird mix of Ostrander and New 52 that didn't really work all that well in my opinion, but BoP still feels more in-line with that kind of movie.

    Do we really need another evil Superman movie instead of a real one?
    How many evil Superman movies are there? So far, none. Comics and videogames sure, movies no (BrightBurn doesn't count).

    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Cool more off shoot Superman instead of the real thing.
    When did we ever get an offshoot Superman in film?

  5. #3665
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    How many evil Superman movies are there? So far, none. Comics and videogames sure, movies no (BrightBurn doesn't count).



    When did we ever get an offshoot Superman in film?
    We've had a subverted and grounded Superman with Snyder and Brightburn. I'm actually really hyped for Brightburn but it makes me wish we had a Superman movie.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  6. #3666
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    We've had a subverted and grounded Superman with Snyder and Brightburn. I'm actually really hyped for Brightburn but it makes me wish we had a Superman movie.
    Snyder's Superman isn't an offshoot just because he's a version you don't like.

  7. #3667
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    We've had a subverted and grounded Superman with Snyder and Brightburn. I'm actually really hyped for Brightburn but it makes me wish we had a Superman movie.
    BrightBurn doesn't count, it isn't DC or WB. It has nothing to do with whatever the studio does or does not think of Superman. And Snyder's Superman was neither evil nor an offshoot. We got like one dream sequence of evil Superman in BvS.

  8. #3668
    all cops are bastards Elmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sesame Street
    Posts
    2,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    The story needs to be updated to fit the times.
    omg what are you talking about?
    i'm always online and i'm nice on there

  9. #3669
    Extraordinary Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5,694

    Default

    Not sure what the Bernie Sanders talk is about, but I thought they were doing a Red Son animated movie, not a live-action one.

  10. #3670
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Not sure what the Bernie Sanders talk is about, but I thought they were doing a Red Son animated movie, not a live-action one.
    Apparently they might be doing both.
    I'm more excited and confident in the animated version until WB gives me a reason to think otherwise.

  11. #3671
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    BrightBurn doesn't count, it isn't DC or WB. It has nothing to do with whatever the studio does or does not think of Superman. And Snyder's Superman was neither evil nor an offshoot. We got like one dream sequence of evil Superman in BvS.
    Okay sure, because Marvel owns Hyperion he isn't a Superman knockoff.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  12. #3672
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Okay sure, because Marvel owns Hyperion he isn't a Superman knockoff.
    I didn't say they weren't a knock off, just the opposite, I'm arguing that they ARE just knock offs. You can't count knock offs like they're the real thing. They're just knock offs.

  13. #3673
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I didn't say they weren't a knock off, just the opposite, I'm arguing that they ARE just knock offs. You can't count knock offs like they're the real thing. They're just knock offs.
    If you are getting more knockoffs than the real thing then people are going to start viewing those knockoffs as that thing.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  14. #3674
    Extraordinary Member Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    6,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Okay sure, because Marvel owns Hyperion he isn't a Superman knockoff.
    Breaking news: Henry Cavill cast as Hyperion in Avengers 5. Ben Affleck rumored for Moon Knight.

  15. #3675
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    If you are getting more knockoffs than the real thing then people are going to start viewing those knockoffs as that thing.
    But we aren't. We got one Superman knockoff in film this decade. One evil Superman ripoff in this whole decade, in a smaller scale horror movie. I think we shouldn't overreact.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •