Page 384 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2843343743803813823833843853863873883944344848841384 ... LastLast
Results 5,746 to 5,760 of 20948
    Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Well his DC movies have lesser legs at the BO than the others.. and poor critical response from most.. Maybe his style/vision isn't what was needed. Funny because Joker is a huge hit. Maybe Snyder has too many people who hate him for reasons.
    Had the WB simply handed him the various Superman IPs, given him the remit to do a darker take on the character, and then take it all back when complete, I think things could have worked. I like Man of Steel. As an introduction to something called the DCEU, it's totally inappropriate.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I think the problem is Snyder tried to make what works for a film like Joker or any given Batman character and apply it to Superman, which was not wise.
    Had Snyder made a Batman movie, I think he'd have met with a lot more success.
    Don't read goldenage comics. Cause superman acts more like batmanish. No, snyder batman movie wouldn't have worked any better. Snyder struggles with pacing and story structure.

WB has an upcoming HBO Max presentation this Sat right? Might get some more movie news there.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Don't read goldenage comics. Cause superman acts more like batmanish. No, snyder batman movie wouldn't have worked any better. Snyder struggles with pacing and story structure.
    Not really. Has a bit more of an edge to him and takes on more street level crime, but Golden Age Superman isn't dark and brooding from what I'm given to understand.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Not really. Has a bit more of an edge to him and takes on more street level crime, but Golden Age Superman isn't dark and brooding from what I'm given to understand.
    Neither is Snyder Superman, either. They just look dark next to Silver Age Clark, that's all.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Neither is Snyder Superman, either. They just look dark next to Silver Age Clark, that's all.
    I think the problem with Snyder's Superman is less the character himself and more the tone of those films. I think his Superman was fine, but the movies were somber as hell. And Superman movies shouldn't feel melancholy I think...

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I think the problem with Snyder's Superman is less the character himself and more the tone of those films. I think his Superman was fine, but the movies were somber as hell. And Superman movies shouldn't feel melancholy I think...
    While I enjoyed what Snyder was doing, I don't think it was what the average moviegoer was expecting. Therefore, I think something between the Donnvererse and Snyderverse is probably the way to go for now.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    WB has an upcoming HBO Max presentation this Sat right? Might get some more movie news there.
    I think at most if there are original movies to HBO Max, we'll hear about them there.

I know the rumor is that some Berlanti projects will be getting revived or find a home with HBO Max.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I really don't feel like there's enough footage out there to make a proper judgment though
    Other characters have made an impact with around the same or even less screentime, so I've never put much stock in that claim. He didn't have a lot of screentime, but what was there didn't impress people.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Other characters have made an impact with around the same or even less screentime, so I've never put much stock in that claim. He didn't have a lot of screentime, but what was there didn't impress people.
    *didnt impress you. I liked it.

That's why I said people and not everyone on the planet.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    While I enjoyed what Snyder was doing, I don't think it was what the average moviegoer was expecting. Therefore, I think something between the Donnvererse and Snyderverse is probably the way to go for now.
    Yea, probably right.
    It's clear MoS was divisive. For me, it made me like Superman again. And for that, I'll always be thankful to Zack Snyder and what he did [for me] with Superman. But, it's clear critics (and sadly, many people) are sour on him and his style.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Next Tuesday

It'd been speculated for a while anyway, but Pedo Pascal's character in WW1984 is indeed Maxwell Lord.
    https://twitter.com/PattyJenks/statu...77665285365760

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It'd been speculated for a while anyway, but Pedo Pascal's character in WW1984 is indeed Maxwell Lord.
    https://twitter.com/PattyJenks/statu...77665285365760
    As I understand it, Maxwell Lord was never really a Wonder Woman character or rogue, but since she's the one who killed him I guess they want to fit him into their movies somehow. Which means if they ever make a Ted Kord Blue Beetle movie (fat chance, we all know it'll be Jaime) we won't have to worry about him getting murdered eventually...probably.