Page 339 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2392893293353363373383393403413423433493894398391339 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,085 of 20948

Lol, I can't recognise a single character on that poster.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I do think it’s not exactly fair to take what was evidently meant to be Gotham Sirens and stick a quite different name and traditional team on top. And this is someone who does like Margot’s Harley.
    It wasn't meant to be GCS. WB wanted a solo Harley movie and Margot said no. Then they gave her the option of a GCS movie or a BoP movie and she chose BoP to do first because they're intending a Trilogy. If they go through with it the next one will be GCS and then they'll do a GCS vs. BoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I do think it’s not exactly fair to take what was evidently meant to be Gotham Sirens and stick a quite different name and traditional team on top. And this is someone who does like Margot’s Harley.
    Ironically, at least 2/3 of the Gotham City Sirens have been actual members or affiliates of the Birds of Prey.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Lol, I can't recognise a single character on that poster.
    Well, I see Harley, Huntress, Black Canary and Cassie. You got me on the guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Well, I see Harley, Huntress, Black Canary and Cassie. You got me on the guys.
    If you haven't kept up with the casting and news of this movie and only knew the comics...Harley is the only recognizable character there. Personally I blame that more on costuming (or lack thereof), rather than casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    It wasn't meant to be GCS. WB wanted a solo Harley movie and Margot said no. Then they gave her the option of a GCS movie or a BoP movie and she chose BoP to do first because they're intending a Trilogy. If they go through with it the next one will be GCS and then they'll do a GCS vs. BoP.
    Maybe that's why they made this movie feel more like a Sirens movie. To keep the tones consistent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Ironically, at least 2/3 of the Gotham City Sirens have been actual members or affiliates of the Birds of Prey.
    Although still far more well-known for their trio with Harley .
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    If you haven't kept up with the casting and news of this movie and only knew the comics...Harley is the only recognizable character there. Personally I blame that more on costuming (or lack thereof), rather than casting.
    Agreed.

I can't see how anyone could see that girl and realize that's Cassandra Cain.

And I recall Zsasz was blonde before but...that dude is seriously supposed to be Zsasz ?

Although I guess I can kinda see now how McGregor is playing a more effeminate Black Mask.

Fantastic Member

I’m so happy DC’s original universe imploded so they can do they’re on thing and not play catch up to Marvel anymore.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I think, when and if we have a titans movie. We should stick harley in there just in case.she was even a sidekick. a sidekick of joker. So,what's the harm./s

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I think, when and if we have a titans movie. We should stick harley in there just in case.she was even a sidekick. a sidekick of joker. So,what's the harm./s
    You say it, and it'll probably happen, but I know you don't want that.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Agreed. Aside from the crossbow, there is not a single thing there that makes you aware that these are Black Canary or Huntress.

Maybe they are building up to more comics accurate costumes for the climax or future films. If that's not being considered, I really don't understand why. We have Aquaman in his gold top and green pants and gloves, I don't see why a version Helena's costume from the latter parts of Simone's BOP run isn't (yet?) being used.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Agreed. Aside from the crossbow, there is not a single thing there that makes you aware that these are Black Canary or Huntress.
    And not a single recognizable Cassandra Cain element other then...she's an Asian girl?

Like, if anyone should be sporting all black, it's Cass.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I kinda wish they kept Harley and dumped the rest. The random floating characters on the poster Doesn’t look good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Someone should tell the marketing of this film that this isn't a Harley Quinn movie).
    Oh this is a Harley movie, make no mistake. But even if it wasn't, the marketing is doing exactly what it should be. Pushing Harls front and center above the other characters who no one knows. I mean, dont get me wrong I love Dinah (so much!) and the BoP are amazing, but Harley Quinn isn't call the fourth pillar of DC just because she looks good in a jester's hat. She's a merchandising powerhouse who outsells every other IP out there except Bats, and Robbie is, I believe, the biggest name actor in the film (I think?). If the marketing was pushing anything or anyone else they'd be doing it very, very wrong.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Oh this is a Harley movie, make no mistake. But even if it wasn't, the marketing is doing exactly what it should be. Pushing Harls front and center above the other characters who no one knows. I mean, dont get me wrong I love Dinah (so much!) and the BoP are amazing, but Harley Quinn isn't call the fourth pillar of DC just because she looks good in a jester's hat. She's a merchandising powerhouse who outsells every other IP out there except Bats, and Robbie is, I believe, the biggest name actor in the film (I think?). If the marketing was pushing anything or anyone else they'd be doing it very, very wrong.
    I get that. Still find it annoying .

Birds of Prey: Really A Harley Quinn Movie.