Page 455 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 355405445451452453454455456457458459465505555955 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,825 of 20948
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember Reeves being fine with it being set in the DCEU back when Affleck was still attached to it, but he might be completely done with that now.
    Wasn't Reeves as vague as possible about his movie's connection with the DCEU?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Wasnt it originally a 90s Period Piece?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    And Pattinson has said that he “doesn’t see Batman as a superhero.” (Eye roll) Which leads me to believe he wouldn’t want to be a part of a blockbuster superhero team up movie.
    Does JL really need to have Batman in it? They can just say he's busy in Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I mean, he didn't deny it. Maybe he just wrote it off since they were in early talks and he couldn't confirm one way or another, but I remember an article or a tweet where he said "of course it's in continuity. Just standalone."
    Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Does JL really need to have Batman in it? They can just say he's busy in Gotham.
    Wouldn't they want to have Batman though?

Much like in the books, Batmans the big seller even when he's utterly useless

Need doesn't matter - WB wants him as a proven money maker. Similar to how they wouldn't do a BoP movie without someone like Harley Quinn.
    Besides, you need at least Batman or Superman for a JL movie, can't happen without one of them. And as there's been no talk or whisper of Superman coming back to film, reboot or not (but let's be honest, Cavill is out), all we got is Batman on that front.

Of course, with have much the last JL bombed, even if we had both a popular Batman reboot and a popular Superman reboot with both willing and wanting to be in a JL movie and their respective films were all in continuity, WB still might not want to make a JL movie again. It did so poorly and so badly they might consider the property toxic until about a decade later ala the time between Batman & Robin and Batman Begins, or the time between Fox's Fantastic Four sequel to it's crappier reboot a few years ago. JL did that bad, so a similar time span before they try again is likely.

Man they didn’t even want to make a Superman sequel without Batman in it, no way are they making a JL sequel without Batman in it. Sure between WW and Aquaman, the JL probably doesn’t need either Batman or Superman to do well if it’s actually good. But WB sure as hell wants Batman to be a part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Man they didn’t even want to make a Superman sequel without Batman in it, no way are they making a JL sequel without Batman in it. Sure between WW and Aquaman, the JL probably doesn’t need either Batman or Superman to do well if it’s actually good. But WB sure as hell wants Batman to be a part of it.
    Well, I'm just saying, Bats and Supes were in JL and it bombed.

Yeah, but removing them from it wouldn't have made it a success either. The lesson learned wasn't that Batman or Superman need to not be in the picture.

So were Wonder Woman and Aquaman.

There was so much wrong going into JL that I don't think it's a surprise it bombed even with all the tentpole characters it had in its cast.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

True, but it almost certainly would have done significantly worse without them (and Wondy, too).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I wouldn't mind the next attempt of Justice League to leave out Batman and/or Superman. Sometime you need to use your other players for the biggest success like how Marvel not having Spider-Man and the X-Men forced them into using the Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I wouldn't mind the next attempt of Justice League to leave out Batman and/or Superman. Sometime you need to use your other players for the biggest success like how Marvel not having Spider-Man and the X-Men forced them into using the Avengers
    Full circle back to the original JL where Batman and Superman weren’t founding members lol. But it’s never going to happen, at the very least Batman will be required to be in the next JL (if there ever is one) before WB would sign off on it. WW, Flash, Aquaman, GL, and Martian Manhunter fighting Starro would unironically be fantastic though.

There's no telling how successful Marvel would have been if they had the film rights to those properties all along. The "focus on lesser characters" is not an approach any studio will ever, ever do willingly. You always do your big guns first, if that's an option. Whether we would be okay with a JL movie without Batman or Superman doesn't matter, WB would never do it, and anyone from WB to seriously consider it should be fired.

Cw crossovers have been doing pretty amazing with just a bare bones skeleton crew of heroes.
    It can be done but tv is less of a risk than film.
    You need to include all your big guns to get people interested