Page 483 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 383433473479480481482483484485486487493533583983 ... LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,245 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    You live and learn and one thing that I've definitely learned this weekend is that Box Office Mojo has become very unreliable since it's redesign. Here's what I HOPE are BoP's box office numbers after it's second weekend:

DOMESTIC (42.5%)
    $61,673,302
    INTERNATIONAL (57.5%)
    $83,600,000
    WORLDWIDE
    $145,273,302

If that's not exact then it can't be too far off. I believe it's a four day weekend over in the States. Whilst these figures are not great it's not a particularly bad hold for a second weekend that saw Sonic fly out of the gates.

For the record it's good to see Sonic set off so well. It received some legitimate complaints over Sonic's original design and, instead of treating those criticisms with disdain, crying about spoilt man-babies and then wondering why it's subsequent box office is then so appalling, the producers of the film took notes and made the necessary visual improvements. The other Hollywood studios would do well to take note of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Young kids should have been a demo they wanted to hit but this type of movie would not have been good without the R rating imo
    I'll take good reviews over box office any day
    Then this really shouldn't have been the BoP's debut film in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Y
    For the record it's good to see Sonic set off so well. It received some legitimate complaints over Sonic's original design and, instead of treating those criticisms with disdain, crying about spoilt man-babies and then wondering why it's subsequent box office is then so appalling, the producers of the film took notes and made the necessary visual improvements. The other Hollywood studios would do well to take note of that.
    As a Sonic fan, I am immensely happy to finally see the Blue Blur get a win. Especially when so much seemed stacked against this movie even after the redesign.

Incredibly happy for Sonic. Now bring my boy for the sequel.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Man! I am glad it worked out. Next time though, i want them to work on the script a bit more.
    Did bop box office get affected by sonic?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Young kids should have been a demo they wanted to hit but this type of movie would not have been good without the R rating imo
    I'll take good reviews over box office any day
    Obviously the ideal is both, but at least a successful (but not critically well received) movie can spawn potentially good films in the near future. A bomb, however, can stop a series and/or character)s) for a very long time.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

I've just learned that apparently there was some attempt by fans to 'boycott' the Sonic movie in favour of BoP. I put the word boycott in commas there as it plainly didn't work too well. Like I said recently, social media doesn't influence the world to anywhere near the degree that it wishes it did.

Anyone know about this and the reasons why? Can we not now live in a world with more than one film in the cinemas?
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

In all fairness they did influence Sonic, since Paramount changing his design due to the backlash to the first trailer was certainly part of the reason it made good OW money.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    In all fairness they did influence Sonic, since Paramount changing his design due to the backlash to the first trailer was certainly part of the reason it made good OW money.
    You've got a point but I think a great deal of that was down to the influence of the mainstream and access media who picked up on the backlash and had a field day with it. This was a fan protest that was given a good deal of outside publicity.

It was a bit of a no-brainer too, let's be right. That original Sonic design really was terrible. The critics had a serious point.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

GREAT: Man of Steel, Batman v Superman

GOOD: Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, Aquaman

MEDIOCRE: Shazam!

I have no interest in Birds-of-Prey-in-Name-Only and I'm still waiting for the REAL Justice league movie to be released, so I can rank it.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Was anyone actually trying to boycott Sonic, or was it people on the internet trying to stir ****. Because the demographics for both films are totally different (again, somewhat to the detriment of BOP's box office since it seems like foregoing kids and teens was a shortsighted idea).

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Was anyone actually trying to boycott Sonic, or was it people on the internet trying to stir ****. Because the demographics for both films are totally different (again, somewhat to the detriment of BOP's box office since it seems like foregoing kids and teens was a shortsighted idea).
    It was a Twitter hashtag campaign that didn’t even trend, so in other words it was nothing worth talking about.

BoP is a good movie, I watched it a second time on Sat. But it seems its demo was not big. The trailers only showed Harley been silly and some action closer to the release. Still word of mouth from those who saw it and loved it doesn't seem strong. At least it shows WB Harley is not as loved and popular as they thought, and also that not every DC movie needs to be rated R like Joker.

I'm not against more mature DC movies, but not every character needs it. Certainly not Superman or Flash. But I think Harley in all her weird glory does. She's a criminal for god's sake.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I think a R rated movie titled “HARLEY QUINN” would have been much more lucrative. Having the Birds of Prey title and a R rating together obviously was detrimental.

But again, at least the product itself is good. This movie could have new life once it starts streaming. Since it has good word of mouth people may be excited to watch it in their homes.
    I'd give it a solid C. It had good moments, but it had a lot of nonsensical moments -- especially the GCPD scene. I think I'd have preferred the Birds already being a team -- and getting sucked into Harely's adventure. They certainly would have looked more like characters had they been costumed right out of the gate.

the final costumes sucked, especially Canary's, IMO. Why even do that??

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I'd give it a solid C. It had good moments, but it had a lot of nonsensical moments -- especially the GCPD scene. I think I'd have preferred the Birds already being a team -- and getting sucked into Harely's adventure. They certainly would have looked more like characters had they been costumed right out of the gate.
    I gotta agree with you there. I also don’t think the movie needed the narration and would’ve benefited from being told in a straightforward linear manner.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.