Page 146 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 46961361421431441451461471481491501561962466461146 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    They've been bungling Superman movies since Superman 3. Granted, I liked Man of Steel.
    Yes, WB has a long history of bungling Superman on cinema.

Even the original Supergirl movie with Helen Slater bombed at the box-office.

Astonishing Member

No, saying we're getting Harley oversaturation is akin to saying we're getting Black Widow oversaturation. Widow has been in several team films and a Cap film and is now getting her own film. Harley has only been in one teamup movie and is about to be in another team up film 4 years later, and here come the cries of "Harley oversaturation. "
    What the heck?
    I think the big difference between BW and HQ is that BW has for the main part always been a secondary character and not the focal point in the movies. Plus there's been nowhere near the volume of projects touted starring BW compared to HQ. Also if Robbie's HQ was as popular as mainstream media would believe, why would WB wait 4 long years to have her reappear? And then decide to have her star in a film for the next how many projects she's got. Reynold's performance of Deadpool was way more popular IMO but Fox sure didn't try to shove him in all the X-projects before the Disney merger.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Also if Robbie's HQ was as popular as mainstream media would believe, why would WB wait 4 long years to have her reappear? And then decide to have her star in a film for the next how many projects she's got. Reynold's performance of Deadpool was way more popular IMO but Fox sure didn't try to shove him in all the X-projects before the Disney merger.
    At a guess, the long delay between Suicide Squad and a follow-up Harley Quinn movie comes down to several contributing and mutually reinforcing factors. One is that Margot Robbie wanted to make sure she had lots of creative control and could act as producer; I imagine that that complicated any negotiations with WB, or for that matter directors. Another was the poor state of management at the DC Films, with lots of competing projects developed in a half-assed way. A third was the general upheaval following Zac Snyder's departure and the appointment of Walter Hamada as the new president of DC Films.

And note that Harley Quinn didn't appear neither Wonder Woman nor Justice League nor Aquaman, and likely won't appear in Shazam or Wonder Woman 84. Now, she could very well appear in Matt Reeves's new Batman film, but she's an established character within the Bat mythos.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yes, WB has a long history of bungling Superman on cinema.

Even the original Supergirl movie with Helen Slater bombed at the box-office.
    To be fair the US version CUT a lot of stuff out and they had to deal with losing Superman being in the film and replaced him with Jimmy Olson.

Astonishing Member

If we ever get another Superman flick(and not just a Supergirl movie) I really would be interested in seeing Maggie Sawyer. She’d make for an interesting character for the ol’ boyscout as well as being some nice LGBT representation to the DCEU.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    If we ever get another Superman flick(and not just a Supergirl movie) I really would be interested in seeing Maggie Sawyer. She’d make for an interesting character for the ol’ boyscout as well as being some nice LGBT representation to the DCEU.
    It'd be nice to see a Superman movie that just does a lot with his supporting cast to begin with .

A Superman movie with Brainiac as the villain would be a perfect way to introduce Supergirl. Superman: Unbound and Injustice 2 showed that Supergirl’s past on Krypton can give a first person account of Brainiac’s machinations. It’s so frustrating that WB has a great plot for MoS 2 and a way to introduce Supergirl for a spin off and they just can’t grasp it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

They've been bungling Superman movies since Superman 3. Granted, I liked Man of Steel.
    And bungling things for so long is exactly why Superman fans are so pissed. It's not like there isn't enough quantity of movies, the quality just isn't there. And then they blame the character for being difficult, despite the fact that they barely do anything with the character and his world at all.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    To be fair the US version CUT a lot of stuff out and they had to deal with losing Superman being in the film and replaced him with Jimmy Olson.
    I don't think any additional scenes are going to save a low budget movie with the premise of Supergirl fighting a witch over a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It'd be nice to see a Superman movie that just does a lot with his supporting cast to begin with .
    You mean he has other characters beyond Lois, Perry, his parents, Lex and Zod?!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    A Superman movie with Brainiac as the villain would be a perfect way to introduce Supergirl. Superman: Unbound and Injustice 2 showed that Supergirl’s past on Krypton can give a first person account of Brainiac’s machinations. It’s so frustrating that WB has a great plot for MoS 2 and a way to introduce Supergirl for a spin off and they just can’t grasp it.
    What's worse is that Superman fans have been clamoring for him to face Brainiac since FOREVER. Often with Supergirl joining him, because it's a no brainer plot point to introduce her.
    Saying no more can be done with Superman and that he isn't versatile, and then giving this plot to his cousin, comes across as a big passive aggressive insult whether they are intending it or not. It's like they are announcing to the world that they want to use the brand and all the stuff associated with it to make money when it suits them, but have no passion or direction for the main character himself, whom naturally is the reason all the other stuff was even invented.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah we've never gotten Brainiac in a live action movie it's about time! So many possibilities and he's perfect for a one and done invasion storyline

BANNED

It's flat out wrong that nothing can be done with Superman. People just don't know enough about Superman. They know he's super powerful but his real humanity is often lost on people. They don't understand Superman

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Saying no more can be done with Superman and that he isn't versatile, and then giving this plot to his cousin, comes across as a big passive aggressive insult whether they are intending it or not. It's like they are announcing to the world that they want to use the brand and all the stuff associated with it to make money when it suits them, but have no passion or direction for the main character himself, whom naturally is the reason all the other stuff was even invented.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Yeah we've never gotten Brainiac in a live action movie it's about time! So many possibilities and he's perfect for a one and done invasion storyline
    It's kind of hilarious that TV show on Sci-Fi can give us a good live-action Brainiac but the movies still haven't used him yet .

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I think the big difference between BW and HQ is that BW has for the main part always been a secondary character and not the focal point in the movies. Plus there's been nowhere near the volume of projects touted starring BW compared to HQ. Also if Robbie's HQ was as popular as mainstream media would believe, why would WB wait 4 long years to have her reappear? And then decide to have her star in a film for the next how many projects she's got. Reynold's performance of Deadpool was way more popular IMO but Fox sure didn't try to shove him in all the X-projects before the Disney merger.
    You're patting Fox on the back, yet DC is supposed to drown us in Harley Quinn films? What, exactly, do you want? I don't know why WB waited 4 years. Maybe because Robbie wasn't ready to come back to the role before getting other pursuits (marriage, production company, Oscars) out of the way first. The complaints that WB is drowning us in Harley Quinn are unfounded and dishonest. She's only been in one movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I've been wanting Brainiac in a Superman movie forever. I've given up on there ever being a decent Luthor on the big screen.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I've been wanting Brainiac in a Superman movie forever.
    Me too. The DCEU needs Brainiac. Damn; if a tv show can do an intimidating Brainiac then a Superman movie can too. Should surpass that.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Me too. The DCEU needs Brainiac. Damn; if a tv show can do an intimidating Brainiac then a Superman movie can too. Should surpass that.

This was my exact point .