Page 248 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1481982382442452462472482492502512522582983487481248 ... LastLast
Results 3,706 to 3,720 of 20948

If I could fancast a new God’s movie
    Henry Cavill as Scott Free (probably won’t be back as Clark for the foreseeable future)
    Tom Cavanagh as Metron
    Jon Bernthal as Orion
    Gwendoline Christie as Big Barda
    Mark Addy as HighFather
    Andre Braugher as Darkseid
    Sigourney Weaver as Granny Goodness

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    If I could fancast a new God’s movie
    Henry Cavill as Scott Free (probably won’t be back as Clark for the foreseeable future)
    Tom Cavanagh as Metron
    Jon Bernthal as Orion
    Gwendoline Christie as Big Barda
    Mark Addy as HighFather
    Andre Braugher as Darkseid
    Sigourney Weaver as Granny Goodness
    No way. Cathy Bates as Granny! Also, at the beginning of the film this will be Scott who is still trying to escape Apokolips so he has to be pretty young.

Retired

Whenever I read Jack Kirby's Granny Goodness, I always thought of the great character actress Reta Shaw. You might not know her name, but you'd recognize her as soon as you saw her in any TV show or movie back in the 1960s and 1970s. She could either be a kind granny or a brutish battleaxe. Given how Kirby often used actual people as his inspiration for characters, I'm pretty sure he was thinking of Reta Shaw for the part of Granny Goodness.

I can't think of any modern actress who could do the job so well. Unfortunately, when they cast movies these days they will try to get some name talent, rather than casting character actors that are the perfect fit for the role.

Toni Collette is my Granny Goodness pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Tom king huh? So someone will plan to get married and after 8 movies setting up the wedding they break up!
    Or you could read Mr. Miracle.
    Also, you act as though relationships haven't ended at the altar before.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    From the creative geniuses behind Heroes in Crisis and A Wrinkle in Time...
    Creative geniuses behind Mr. Miracle, Vision, Batman, Omega Men and Selma.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Right?!? The guy who wrote the greatest Mr. Miracle story ever (excluding The Pact since Scott was just a baby) is co-writing the movie starring Mr. Miracle and Barda and people are angry. King has shown that he gets these characters better than almost any writer. If they taped him to write the Wally West movie I could justify the anger. But this is just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Right?!? The guy who wrote the greatest Mr. Miracle story ever (excluding The Pact since Scott was just a baby) is co-writing the movie starring Mr. Miracle and Barda and people are angry. King has shown that he gets these characters better than almost any writer. If they taped him to write the Wally West movie I could justify the anger. But this is just ridiculous.
    As angry as I am about HiC I'm glad that King is doing the New Gods movie. I feel like his writing style would be a better fit for a movie or tv show. Something where you can really make it your own with an IP. I think that's why he's so controversial when it comes to main-line comics.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

So not really New Gods film more a Mr. Miracle and Big Barda film can’t say Im thrilled rather looking forward to Orion on big screen fighting against Kalibak then eventually Darkseid or New Gods trilogy building up to that.

King being there doesn't mean that it'll just be a Mister Miracle onscreen. I think he truly gets the New Gods, and can only help the script to be better. I still hope that they won't start to introduce them on Earth. Audiences need to be taken away by Neo Genesis and Apokolypse first.

As for the actors and actress, I'll trust the cast of the movie to do the right choice. I would just like someone else than Gwendonline Christie for Big Barda, because I'm sure that in the whole damn English-speaking world it should be possible to find younger actresses in the same size range than her.But if it's Christie, it'll be fine for me.
    Last edited by Korath; 05-30-2019 at 01:06 AM.

Wow. King’s detractors keep taking big Ls, don’t they?

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    And Queen Sugar! That show is visually stunning.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Elizabeth Debicki is 6'3 and still young if we're talking about fancasting Barda actresses.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

It's been rumored for a while that the New Gods movie would focus of Mister Miracle and Big Barda facing off against Granny Goodness and the Furies.

DuVernay said Big Barda is her favorite superhero in a twitter Q&A back in 2017.

Kathy Bates has been my top pick for Grannny Goodness with Jacki Weaver as my second choice.

Frankie Adams from The Expanse, Mortal Engines and Shortland Street I could see as Big Barda. Adams is 5'11 and DuVernay will probably want someone of colour in a leading role (Adams is of Samoan heritage).

I would like Jake McDorman as Scott Free/Mister Miracle. McDorman narrowly missed out on the Shazam role. He was also in Limitless, What We Do In The Shadows, Greek, Lady Bird and American Sniper. McDorman seems like he could be the next Chris Pratt if he got a breakout role.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post

Frankie Adams from The Expanse, Mortal Engines and Shortland Street I could see as Big Barda. Adams is 5'11 and DuVernay will probably want someone of colour in a leading role (Adams is of Samoan heritage).

I would like Jake McDorman as Scott Free/Mister Miracle. McDorman narrowly missed out on the Shazam role. He was also in Limitless, What We Do In The Shadows, Greek, Lady Bird and American Sniper. McDorman seems like he could be the next Chris Pratt if he got a breakout role.
    Then, they should find a New God who is/can be a PoC. There is probably one or two, right ? Big Barda is very clearly a Caucasian Woman in every incarnation of the character. Just find someone like Gal Gadot, if you don't want a scandinavian looking actress.

Seriously, how would people have reacted if Okoye had been made a white woman in Black Panther because one would have been deemed it "necessary" (and truth been told, I found Agent Ross presence unnecessary in the story overall anyway, I could have done without a white "main character" in Black Panther) ?

Or you could read Mr. Miracle.
    Also, you act as though relationships haven't ended at the altar before.
    True but not after 30 issues of buildup plus a huge wedding album and 100 covers to the same book hyping it up just to say "screw you! You wasted your time reading the last 30 issues."

If the writer get's cold feet then don't make it into a big event and set up 30 issues of something they are just going to throw away. I came back to batman with the wedding and dropped batman with the wedding.

Gave him a second chance with hoc and it's the worst comic I have read in along time. It makes avengers the crossing look like gone with the wind!

I can give him another chance but it will be a free try out. Our library has the first mm trade. I will check it out and read it and give mr king another chance. If I like it I will change my view of mr king and may buy the mm trades but I refuse to touch his batman work.