Page 337 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2372873273333343353363373383393403413473874378371337 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 20948

I just noticed the logo font seems to call back to the original Ostrander-era stuff. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    I don't think The Long Halloween holds up as well as many of you remember it, and most of the strongest parts of it has already been shown on screen in The Dark Knight. I'm guessing this is just conjecture from Reeve's comments about being inspired by noir films and the rumors that there will be a lot of villains in it. If the film will be based on a specific story, my money is on Broken City.
    I think Reeves has said he's a fan of the story, which is probably why people have jumped on it as a possible inspiration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I just noticed the logo font seems to call back to the original Ostrander-era stuff. Nice.
    I didn't even notice that. That's awesome .

Spectacular Member

What on earth is the reason for this movie being called "The Suicide Squad"? Makes zero sense.

Quote Originally Posted by capNthor View Post
    What on earth is the reason for this movie being called "The Suicide Squad"? Makes zero sense.
    It's actually a quite common tactic for franchise pictures when they have a new installment but the previous one is poorly regarded. They're not putting a number or subtitle because they want to delineate a separation between this one and the poorly reviewed first movie.

A very good example of this was the second Wolverine movie being called The Wolverine, not X-Men Origins: Wolverine 2. Or the sixth Rocky being called Rocky Balboa instead of Rocky VI (because everyone hated Rocky V).

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Joker is just Taxi Driver meets Gotham.
    Taxi Driver meets King of Comedy.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Because it might be a better movie than the first Suicide Squad?
    Might? I think you mean it will be better. Which isn't hard to do.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Spectacular Member

It's actually a quite common tactic for franchise pictures when they have a new installment but the previous one is poorly regarded. They're not putting a number or subtitle because they want to delineate a separation between this one and the poorly reviewed first movie.

A very good example of this was the second Wolverine movie being called The Wolverine, not X-Men Origins: Wolverine 2. Or the sixth Rocky being called Rocky Balboa instead of Rocky VI (because everyone hated Rocky V).
    Ah, I did forget about The Wolverine. That is indeed an unusual and uninspired example, but even then the first film wasn't just Wolverine. Suicide Squad followed four years later by The Suicide Squad is bizarre. Wonder how the marketing is going to handle it considering Harley Quinn is in it and everybody in the mainstream is going to consider this Suicide Squad 2. In talking about the films people are going to have to differentiate by writing/differentiating: Suicide Squad (2016).

Plus side for marketing, the total shift in title logos from the first one is a positive hint that this is going to be marketed with a different tone. That and the hiring of James Gunn will get me in the theaters for this, most likely. Ayers coming back or someone just following his lead and I most likely never would have watched this film after the dumpster fire of the first one. I still hope this is a reboot of sorts and allt he returning players are killed off in the first scene minus Harley ( I think this is possible, and could be why Will Smith decided not to be in this one).

WB has done a good job with this film in pre-production so far to distance themselves from Ayers' film. They know that film was one of the five worst comic book films in the last decade, but probably felt handcuffed to make this with the money they got from it. So far, so good beside the puzzling title.
    Last edited by capNthor; 09-13-2019 at 04:15 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Might? I think you mean it will be better. Which isn't hard to do.
    Numerous podcasts on DC film/TV media I listen to are skeptical of this film because they liked the first one, and don't like James Gunn because of GOTG 2, which for some reason every DC fan with a microphone seems to "hate". Always gives me a chuckle not only because the vast majority would consider GOTG 2 to be a far, far superior product than Suicide Squad, but Gunn wanting to do this film might be the only reason its being made, all this talent like Elba signed on, and audiences who thought the first one was an abortion might be inclined to give it a chance.

Zero percent chance this is as bad as Suicide Squad (2016).
    Last edited by capNthor; 09-13-2019 at 04:16 PM.

Astonishing Member

Numerous podcasts on DC film/TV media I listen to are skeptical of this film because they liked the first one, and don't like James Gunn because of GOTG 2, which for some reason every DC fan with a microphone seems to "hate". Always gives me a chuckle not only because the vast majority would consider GOTG 2 to be a far, far superior product than Suicide Squad, but Gunn wanting to do this film might be the only reason its being made, all this talent like Elba signed on, and audiences who thought the first one was an abortion might be inclined to give it a chance.
    I'm a DC fan, and I disliked the first Guardians but adored the second one, and found it to be a major improvement over the original. I thought Vol.2 had better story, pacing, characterization, and overall villain than the first film. Its probably my favorite Marvel sequel.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Joker is just Taxi Driver meets Gotham.
    Curious, where did you see it?

This isn't a 'Marvel vs DC' thing, its the general consensus that GotG 2 wasn't as good as the first.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Gunn is a decent director and he has become en vogue again since his marvel movies have taken off. He casts the same people in every movie too so no surprise micheal rooker is there but I see a lot of annoying people on that cast list as well like Pete Davidson and John Cena
    People I wouldn't be opposed to see dying horribly in a movie
    So I guess Gunn is doing well with the franchise I still need to see set photos before I rule one way or another

GotG Vol 2 is my favorite Guardians movie so far. Gunn is a personal inspiration to me as a filmmaker and I can't wait to see what he does with The Suicide Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    GotG Vol 2 is my favorite Guardians movie so far. Gunn is a personal inspiration to me as a filmmaker and I can't wait to see what he does with The Suicide Squad.
    I thought GoTG Vol 2 was a bit too excessive compared to GoTG so I hope he tones it down a little here and sets himself apart from his Marvel work.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    This isn't a 'Marvel vs DC' thing, its the general consensus that GotG 2 wasn't as good as the first.
    lol this has nothing to do with anything I said.