Page 378 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2783283683743753763773783793803813823884284788781378 ... LastLast
Results 5,656 to 5,670 of 20948
    Retired

I never liked the retcon that said "E. Nigma" isn't his real name. It seemed to be part of that whole "we're so ashamed of comic books that we have to remove all the arch references in them and make them normative for an audience that can't tolerate that sort of high entertainment."

But it's probably also that I had lived with the comic books for so long by then that a major portion of my brain functions were dedicated to appreciating everything in them and I had built up my own back story for the Eddie Nigma character. I wasn't too happy to have all of my fan fiction become null and void.

Robert Pattinson talks about playing Batman.

You’re currently working on Christopher Nolan’s next film and you’ll begin shooting “Batman” soon. How does it feel to have traded art-house movies for big studio blockbusters?

I mean, “Dunkirk” is almost an art-house movie! Chris Nolan is literally the one director who can make an art-house movie for hundreds of millions of dollars, so it doesn’t really feel like a studio thing. With “Batman,” if I’d done it a few years ago, I would have been incredibly nervous, but I’ve still got a few months before we start shooting. Plenty of time to have a panic attack!

You were saying earlier that we should be skeptical of any actor who wants to play the hero, and yet here you are playing Batman.

Batman’s not a hero, though. He’s a complicated character. I don’t think I could ever play a real hero — there’s always got to be something a little bit wrong. I think it’s because one of my eyes is smaller than the other one.

What is it about Batman that excites you?

I love the director, Matt Reeves, and it’s a dope character. His morality is a little bit off. He’s not the golden boy, unlike almost every other comic-book character. There is a simplicity to his worldview, but where it sits is strange, which allows you to have more scope with the character.

You just paused.

I just fear that when I say anything about “Batman,” people online are like, “What does this mean?” And I don’t know! I used to be very good at censoring myself, but I’ve said so many ridiculous things over the years, so I’m always curious when I’m promoting these movies how many times I can mess up. It feels like with every movie that comes out, there’s always one quote from me where it’s like, “How? What kind of out-of-body experience produced that screaming nonsense?”

You’ve said that after you were cast as Batman, you anticipated a vitriolic reaction online.

Maybe I’m just used to abuse by now. At least I didn’t get death threats this time — that’s a plus! It’s funny that people are so very angry about “Twilight.” I never particularly understood it.

Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Retired

You’re currently working on Christopher Nolan’s next film and you’ll begin shooting “Batman” soon. How does it feel to have traded art-house movies for big studio blockbusters?
    Don't @ me, New York Times. Batman movies are arthouse movies!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Riddler, Catwoman, noir and Bats running the gauntlet. Now we have a movie Sounds more intriguing than Batfleck vs Deathstroke

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    "Edward Nashton" doesn't sound as cool as "Edward Nigma" .

Just once, I want Riddler to say something like "My name isn't E. Nigma just because I had it legally changed!"

IndieWire claims Helena Howard and Laura Dern will have their roles in the new Batman announced soon.

https://twitter.com/davidehrlich/sta...94545282174976

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Riddler, Catwoman, noir and Bats running the gauntlet. Now we have a movie Sounds more intriguing than Batfleck vs Deathstroke
    Who the hell wanted a Batman movie with Deathstroke as the villain anyway? I'm sure Deathstoke has some fans, but does the general public even know about him or give a rat's ass about him?
    When Deathstroke was on Arrow he was one of the most boring villains in the whole CW universe. You have Penguin, Riddler, Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze, Scarecrow, Clayface, Joker, Catwoman, Two-Face,
    and you are going with Deathstroke?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I never liked the retcon that said "E. Nigma" isn't his real name. It seemed to be part of that whole "we're so ashamed of comic books that we have to remove all the arch references in them and make them normative for an audience that can't tolerate that sort of high entertainment."

But it's probably also that I had lived with the comic books for so long by then that a major portion of my brain functions were dedicated to appreciating everything in them and I had built up my own back story for the Eddie Nigma character. I wasn't too happy to have all of my fan fiction become null and void.
    I'm OK with the Nigma as his original name as well, but changing to it fits with Riddler's character as I see it. It's a small, silly and petulant attempt to try to bend the world to his (insane) rules and proclivities, which in for me is what The Riddler is all about in the end.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Who the hell wanted a Batman movie with Deathstroke as the villain anyway? I'm sure Deathstoke has some fans, but does the general public even know about him or give a rat's ass about him?
    When Deathstroke was on Arrow he was one of the most boring villains in the whole CW universe. You have Penguin, Riddler, Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze, Scarecrow, Clayface, Joker, Catwoman, Two-Face,
    I'm actually very curious about what direction that film would have taken. As you say, Deathstroke pretty much only makes sense as an antagonist if you're going to focus heavily on action (although his interpretation in the CW shows is probably the best thing they ever did, IMO), and I have a hard time imagining Affleck writing and directing a movie like that.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hmmm... why does Pattinson talk about Bruce's morality being off? Its just fine. Black and white in a grey world.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    I'm actually very curious about what direction that film would have taken. As you say, Deathstroke pretty much only makes sense as an antagonist if you're going to focus heavily on action (although his interpretation in the CW shows is probably the best thing they ever did, IMO), and I have a hard time imagining Affleck writing and directing a movie like that.
    Affleck wrote and directed The Town which is a personal favourite in the crime genre. Maybe he's better with Boston than Gotham.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    IndieWire claims Helena Howard and Laura Dern will have their roles in the new Batman announced soon.

https://twitter.com/davidehrlich/sta...94545282174976
    I’m pretty sure he was just being sarcastic.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Because it would've been cool ?

I mean, Deathstroke is probably one of the more popular Arrowverse villains. He's definitely a fan-favorite on Arrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    Going by all the rumors it seems like it would have been a gauntlet movie of Deathstroke sicking Batman's Rogues Gallery against him.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/1185210200627675136

The Rock says that Black Adam production begins next July.