Page 292 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1922422822882892902912922932942952963023423927921292 ... LastLast
Results 4,366 to 4,380 of 20948
    Retired

If WONDER WOMAN 1984 was coming out sooner, as it was supposed to, then BIRDS OF PREY would be a non-issue for me. It's only because of WW84's timing that I care, since I don't want to see that movie do badly at the box office. Maybe a sooner release would have been better. It's like my avocados--when's the best time? Leave them too long and they're no good for guacamole, too soon and they might not be ripe.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    The most direct thing Gail has said is that she guarantees that Jurnee is going to kill it as Black Canary beyond that it's more vague compliments towards projects she has inside knowledge of but can't speak on directly.
    If anyone would know, it's her .
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Zachary Levi Says Crossover with Dwayne Johnson’s Black Adam Will Happen In Shazam! 3: https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/07/14/...over-shazam-3/
    Well, yeah, the second movie is going to be Mr. Mind and the Monster Society so that leaves Black Adam as the biggest villain left for them to use.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    I wouldn't pay too much heed to comic book professionals either in this case, they wouldn't badmouth something from the parent company that writes their checks. Case in point, Dan Slott gushing over how great Amazing Spider-Man 2 was going to be.
    They wouldn't badmouth, no, but they could keep their mouths shut. They don't have to say anything. And if you follow Simone or Palmiotti, it's clear that they don't have an issue speaking their minds. When it comes to saying something negative about a DC property they become..."diplomatic" but they don't gush.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Making Black Mask this effeminate gay villain just seems kind of random to me. More random then when they made Penguin on Gotham gay (although in-universe I think he was supposed to be pansexual).
    They'll probably go down the more masculine route if he is. If anything that will be less offensive, as effeminate males are usually, in addition to being fodder, the evil or morally ambiguous ones. At least in cartoons, anyway. i.e. Powerpuff Girls, Aladdin, The Lion King, Pocahontas (though Radcliffe was more flamboyant than feminine if there is such a difference), etc.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    My point was to counter your point that it could legitimately be a mess. You already stated your automatic belief that the movie could be bad, I was simply countering that.
    How is it countering me when you were replying to Robotman?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    How is it countering me when you were replying to Robotman?
    Ya got me. Since you were the one questioning my point I didn't look and assumed you were the one who posted the original comment I was responding to. That actually seemed pretty obvious to me, but then so did the point of my response to Robotman, so...well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    They'll probably go down the more masculine route if he is. If anything that will be less offensive, as effeminate males are usually, in addition to being fodder, the evil or morally ambiguous ones. At least in cartoons, anyway. i.e. Powerpuff Girls, Aladdin, The Lion King, Pocahontas (though Radcliffe was more flamboyant than feminine if there is such a difference), etc.
    Was Jafar or Scar really effeminate? I never got that impression. More the cunning, sly, backstabbing deceiving type, which isn't really masculine or feminine traits.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Penguin and Riddler have always been effeminate as is the Joker

But black Mask is a hard boiled egg,

Retired

I wonder if we need to be using our Roget's Thesaurus and finding a greater variety of adjectives. It always seems like we attach certain adjectives to men and others to women--certain adjectives to one character and different to another.

Why do we even say that a gay man is flamboyantly gay, just because he appears overly demonstrative--it doesn't seem terribly original to say that and it might even be rather nasty. And given we now know that there's a continuum of sexuality, its seems antiquated to say that a man is effeminate--that sounds like a word that was created at a certain period in time to label a specific group of men. I would think by now we're beyond these hackneyed adjectives.

Guys! GUYS! I've just learned of a quote from Justice League costumer designer, Michael Wilkinson concerning Wonder Woman;

We always talk about centuries of congealed blood from her victims on the dress, so we really went for that really rich blood red on the dress.
    What is the lore significance of Wonder Woman's blood soaked dress or what I liked to call it, her blood-cheese dress?

>> How many people must Wonder Woman kill monthly to keep her raiment that bright sanguine red?
    >> Are the other members of the JL aware of her constant need to douse herself in the blood of others?
    >> Is Wonder Woman essentially a vampire?
    >> Does Wonder Woman stink like mouldy cheese?
    Last edited by Pinsir; 07-22-2019 at 12:06 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Penguin and Riddler have always been effeminate as is the Joker

But black Mask is a hard boiled egg,
    Penguin is effeminate?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Guys! GUYS! I've just learned of a quote from Justice League costumer designer, Michael Wilkinson concerning Wonder Woman;

We always talk about centuries of congealed blood from her victims on the dress, so we really went for that really rich blood red on the dress.
    What is the lore significance of Wonder Woman's blood soaked dress or what I liked to call it, her blood-cheese dress?

>> How many people must Wonder Woman kill monthly to keep her raiment that bright sanguine red?
    >> Are the other members of the JL aware of her constant need to douse herself in the blood of others?
    >> Is Wonder Woman essentially a vampire?
    >> Does Wonder Woman stink like mouldy cheese?
    You ever read something and just go "whaa?" It just doesn't compute. Makes no sense. Seems out of context. You feel like you must be missing something. You check to see if it's April 1st or if a satire site is being quoted. That's how I feel right now.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 07-22-2019 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    You ever read something and just go "whaa?" It just doesn't compute. Makes no sense. Seems out of context. You feel like you must be missing something. You check to see if it's April 1st or if a satire site is being quoted. That's how I feel right now.
    It is a legit quote, you can even find an article here about the comment dated to 2016!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Penguin is effeminate?
    I like to think of him as more being dapper...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like to think of him as more being dapper...
    Dapper or well dressed is a better turn of phrase than effeminate.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics