Page 397 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398399400401407447497897 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,955 of 20948

Just saw Joker and it's excellent. Hope it gets to a billion

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Just saw Joker and it's excellent. Hope it gets to a billion
    I liked Joker too but never expected it to be a movie that would attract a wide audience. Certainly not one poised to make $1 billion. Seemed more like a cult classic movie. A movie that while not getting a huge box office
    or even bombs is remembered fondly years after its release.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I liked Joker too but never expected it to be a movie that would attract a wide audience. Certainly not one poised to make $1 billion. Seemed more like a cult classic movie. A movie that while not getting a huge box office
    or even bombs is remembered fondly years after its release.
    I had similar expectations to be honest, especially since it isn't going to China. I never expected it to do so well but now that joining the Billion dollar club is a possibility I'm cheering for it to get there.

Already the movie is a huge win but a Billion would be icing

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

The past weekend has moved Joker up two slots on the worldwide (adjusted for inflation) list... it needs less than 200 million to tie Aquaman now.

The Dark Knight
    The Dark Knight Rises
    Superman
    Aquaman
    Joker*
    Batman
    Batman vs Superman
    Wonder Woman
    Suicide Squad
    Man of Steel
    Batman Forever
    Justice League
    Superman II
    Batman Returns
    Batman Begins
    Superman Returns
    Batman and Robin
    The LEGO Batman Movie
    Superman III
    Catwoman
    Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
    Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
    Batman (1966)
    Steel
    Batman: The Killing Joke

* Obviously still in theaters currently
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Honestly, getting the batman ip characters is easy for the studio. They have been doing that for ever.but,it's the other ip's they can't seem to get. Them making a hit joker movie is very much in the realm of reality. It's like making a spiderman movie in the current market. It will sell itself . I am afraid this would mean them going full batman crazy. As much as, i loved joker. I don't think i want to see them doing that.I want atleat my aquamans and wonder womans

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Honestly, getting the batman ip characters is easy for the studio. They have been doing that for ever.but,it's the other ip's they can't seem to get. Them making a hit joker movie is very much in the realm of reality. It's like making a spiderman movie in the current market. It will sell itself . I am afraid this would mean them going full batman crazy. As much as, i loved joker. I don't think i want to see them doing that.I want atleat my aquamans and wonder womans
    I think now they have no reason to not do both.

Batman has always been worth betting on but now with Aquaman and WW we know DC can do both but that doesn't mean we should overlook what a spectacular success Joker is

I think now they have no reason to not do both.

Batman has always been worth betting on but now with Aquaman and WW we know DC can do both but that doesn't mean we should overlook what a spectacular success Joker is
    I am not taking anything away from the movie. I hope they do. The problem comes when they start showing batcharacters as superior thing in other properties or shared universe environments . This is why i want aquaman and wonder woman to stay standalone. I don't want them to get beaten down in story for the sake of batman characters.

You people do realize that WB goes for co-financing for almost all off it's movies? And not just to minimize risk in a particular movie, but also to get access to other movies that the co financiers have the rights to?

See here: "Our agents at WME came to us and said, "Hey, would you like to get involved with the new Joker movie?" And we’re like, "Seriously? A DC property? There’s no way they could need our money." Of course, agents being agents, they sort of left out the key component to this, which was: Everybody wants the Joker. What do you have to offer?"
    Not all films. John campea just talked about this the other day on his show and explained it. It's films they think have more risk. Avengers endgame you know will make money so fund it yourself. Green hornet is a little risky so you can see them doing it for that movie.

Not every film gets this and they said it's a "dice roll". If the movie bombs you don't lose as much so it's great but it sucks if the film is a huge hit as that was money you could have kept for yourself. Plus on top of that the movie chains get a cut. WB had to choose to do this with joker. (a low budget film to boot) and now must pay for it. Yes WB is kicking themselves over it and no they didn't have to do this with joker but they rolled the dice and lost and will now lose millions that would have been just for them! WB now loses 50% of all joker profits on top of the movie chain cut!

That's Hollywood.

Well, what do you know. They don't even know how to handle batcharacters either. Splitting profits because of lack of faith.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Matthew McConaughey has reportedly been cast as Harvey Dent in The Batman. Only Daily Mail is reporting this for now so I don't know how true it is.

I am not taking anything away from the movie. I hope they do. The problem comes when they start showing batcharacters as superior thing in other properties or shared universe environments . This is why i want aquaman and wonder woman to stay standalone. I don't want them to get beaten down in story for the sake of batman characters.
    Well there's nothing toi show that they have plans to mix Auqaman /Ww with Batman so not sure why that is a concern.

Well there's nothing toi show that they have plans to mix Auqaman /Ww with Batman so not sure why that is a concern.
    It's wb they could do anything. I wish they would do something like the question, crimson avenger or green arrow with small budget. They seem to be good at non powered characters.

It's wb they could do anything. I wish they would do something like the question, crimson avenger or green arrow with small budget. They seem to be good at non powered characters.
    Hopefully the success of Joker will teach them to that there is a very lucrative market for characters like the Question and Crimson Avenger who don't need to fit the typical Superhero .

Green Arrow judging by what they're doing on the CW might just become a Batman clone

Retired

The more casting announcements that come out, the less enthused I am for the next Batman movie. Like every other live action Batman, going all the way back to the 1966 TV series, it's all about the stunt casting. Getting audiences to watch it for all the familiar faces that arrive on screen. Let's hope Kanye West pops his head out a window to talk to Batman as he's climbing up a building.

The one big promise of this Batman movie was that it was going to do things differently--that it would be about the detective story and not about all the crazy characters that pop up in Gotham City. If everyone cast was an unknown, I'd be a lot more intrigued. But now I know there's going to be all these celebrities who will take me out of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Matthew McConaughey has reportedly been cast as Harvey Dent in The Batman. Only Daily Mail is reporting this for now so I don't know how true it is.
    I think he'd be perfect, but I'll take it with a grain of salt.