Page 409 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 309359399405406407408409410411412413419459509909 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,135 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hope Black Adam doesn't go too far into the "superhero" territory. Doing the grey area thing does make sense, but I don't want a Maleficent spin on him.
    In the DCEU Black Adam would barely differ from the other heroes. Superman kills. WW kills. Batman straight up plans premeditated murder and only backs out at the last possible second so he can go mow down people with machine guns.

Patrick Wilson confirms he'll be returning as Orm/Ocean Master for Aquaman 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hope Black Adam doesn't go too far into the "superhero" territory. Doing the grey area thing does make sense, but I don't want a Maleficent spin on him.
    Yeah, it seems like they're envisioning him more as a take-charge, no-prisoners, Superhero when it's kind of more complicated then that.

Although I wonder how hard they'll retcon him releasing the Seven Deadly Sins and ravaging civilization.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    From Dwayne Johnson IG:

"The Man in Black ⚡️
    Like most kids growing up, I dreamed about being a superhero. Having cool superpowers, fighting for what’s right and always protecting the people.
    It all changed for me, when I was 10yrs old and was first introduced to the greatest superhero of all time - SUPERMAN.
    As a kid, Superman was the hero I always wanted to be.
    But, a few years into my fantasy, I realized that Superman was the hero, I could never be.
    I was too rebellious. Too rambunctious. Too resistant to convention and authority.
    Despite my troubles, I was still a good kid with a good heart - I just liked to do things my way.
    Now, years later as a man, with the same DNA I had as a kid - my superhero dreams have come true.
    I’m honored to join the iconic #DCUniverse and it’s a true pleasure to become, BLACK ADAM.
    BLACK ADAM is blessed by magic with the powers equal to SUPERMAN, but the difference is he doesn’t toe the mark or walk the line.
    He’s a rebellious, one of a kind superhero, who’ll always do what’s right for the people - but he does it his way.
    Truth and justice - the BLACK ADAM way.
    This role is unlike any other I’ve ever played in my career and I’m grateful to the bone we’ll all go on this journey together.
    BLACK ADAM
    12.22.21 ⚡️
    Huge thank you to my friends, @jimlee and @bosslogic for this first time ever bad ass collaboration."

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/B42odCrFF42/
    That's awesome.

One thing I like about the concept art is it looks like they went with an old-school Black Adam look with the cape just being like a cloak he puts on instead of an actual cape like the New 52 design.

Retired

So Black Adam will be bald? They're not going to give the Rock John Travolta hair?

Forbes says joker will hit a billion tomorrow.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Forbes says joker will hit a billion tomorrow.
    The Clown Prince of Crime is seriously laughing his butt off at his Ha-Hacienda.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Dwayne Johnson is too goddamn likable to be villainous. It's probably for the best to go the superhero route.

Box office mojo says by this week and forbes says tomorrow so he said, she said so who knows when it hits a billion.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Dwayne Johnson is too goddamn likable to be villainous. It's probably for the best to go the superhero route.
    If I had to make a prediction, they're probably gonna go for the characterization of Black Adam from Johns' JSA run, where he's an anti-hero but his methods and attitude go too far for many of the standard heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Patrick Wilson confirms he'll be returning as Orm/Ocean Master for Aquaman 2.

Yeah, it seems like they're envisioning him more as a take-charge, no-prisoners, Superhero when it's kind of more complicated then that.

Although I wonder how hard they'll retcon him releasing the Seven Deadly Sins and ravaging civilization.
    He released the Sevens Sins, and the demons went on a rampage.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Still think the Rock was miscast and they can definitely find a way better actor but we'll see.

It's interesting to see people saying he's too likeable for the role, because the character of "The Rock" wasn't exactly a smiling babyface either. He was a huge jerk especially early on, but he was so charismatic that the audience ate up everything he did. He's supposed to be a "good guy" in this segment.

I think he can do well as Black Adam. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    He released the Sevens Sins, and the demons went on a rampage.
    Yeah, but he had to have known what would happen once he did it. He probably wasn't thinking of the consequences from his actions, which is a Teth-Adam character flaw.

Astonishing Member

I can’t believe an R-rated movie about a clown psychopath will join the billion dollar club while the first ever Justice League movie couldn’t even join the 700 million club. We live in strange times indeed.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.